Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 09:24 AM   #21
Steelers5895
Starter

Member Number: 23994
Default Re: If Ben was an Unrestricted Free Agent today , what would the Rooney's do ?

based on the steelers paying big money to brown, trying to pay big money to wallace, drafting mendy and sweed one year rds 1 and 2, spending a 1st on Pouncey and this past draft going OL 1 & 2.

Plus they brought in Haley to "keep Ben upright".

That tells me they want Ben in the line up and surrounded by talent.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:01 AM   #22
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 11,743 Times in 4,698 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: If Ben was an Unrestricted Free Agent today , what would the Rooney's do ?

if Ben were a free agent, the Rooney's would try to hold onto him. however, I would like to think that they would have a well developed QB waiting for a shot if and when they need him.

To be honest, QB's who play so physically don't last much longer than what we've already seen out of Ben. He's started 126 games. Steve Young started 124 game in San Fran. McNair started 131 in TEN. What Roethlisberger is doing is impressive and the Rooney's standing behind him is a big reason why the Steelers have had continuous success over the years.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:17 AM   #23
VaDave
Team Owner

Member Number: 479
Thanked 2,220 Times in 1,202 Posts
Question Re: If Ben was an Unrestricted Free Agent today , what would the Rooney's do ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
Not to rehash this debate for the 2,305,634,937,906,379,061,283rd time, but why is it unacceptable to speculate that the alleged victim "just wanted an easy pay day," but acceptable to speculate that Roethlisberger "paid her off to make it go away"? That strikes me as a blatant double standard. I don't believe either scenario to be true, but I do believe there's a shortage of critical thinking skills out there, considering this double standard has gone so long without even being noticed, let alone called into question.

As for the answer to the original question, the Rooney family would franchise him, sign him to a four- or five-year contract extension, and tell all the yinzers to pound sand.
For the kazillion time, mainly because if there was any evidence that a rape occured, not only would he have had to pay off the girl, but all the law enforcement agencies in the State of Geogia. Even with Ben's $100 million dollar contract, that's not enough money to bribe everybody.

As for the girl's action, while you might convince me that she may not have been looking for a major payday, there is no doubt she was looking for trouble as evidenced by the DTF button she was sporting.

What is even more telling was the reaction of her father. What kind of father would not employ every means availible to defend his daughter's honor? Forget about the money for a minute, and think about you reacting that way if she was your daughter..

If 1/10 of what Ben has been accused of was true, either the courts, or the family would have halled Ben out to the nearest tree and hung his butt..

I hope that helps you understand how I arrived at my opinion, but I also understand where you are coming from and your sensitivity on the subject.. Listen, I've spent a lot of my early years working in bars, and bars in college towns as a working musician and have lived through a lot of crazyness just like this one.

Agreed it didn't make me a fly on the wall that night, or stall if you'd rather....( actually, there were probably were flys on the stall walls, not to mention at lot of liquid on the floor at that point of the day. Certainly not a exactly a place that would inspire one in search of amourus adventure...), but let me tell, the old BS o Meter hit a high level when this went down. Under the circumstances, normal people just do not react the way this girl and her father did when something as serious as a rape actually occurs unless there is more to the story.

And if there was, and If I were a betting man, there was another side of this that didn't favor the girl much. You certainly were not going to hear about it from the media making absolute fortune over this story acting as judge, jury, and executioner BEFORE examing the astounding lack of evidence that anything actually occured.

Sorry guys for hijacking this thread. This whole episode totally torques me off.

Last edited by VaDave; 02-11-2013 at 10:42 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-11-2013, 10:41 AM   #24
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 5,026 Times in 2,386 Posts
My Mood: Fine

"Of course I hope he dies. I hope he burns in HEEELLL"
Old 02-11-2013, 12:44 PM   #25
scottcurtis
Banned

Member Number: 24767

Quote:
Not to rehash this debate for the 2,305,634,937,906,379,061,283rd time, but why is it unacceptable to speculate that the alleged victim "just wanted an easy pay day," but acceptable to speculate that Roethlisberger "paid her off to make it go away"? That strikes me as a blatant double standard. I don't believe either scenario to be true, but I do believe there's a shortage of critical thinking skills out there, considering this double standard has gone so long without even being noticed, let alone called into question.

As for the answer to the original question, the Rooney family would franchise him, sign him to a four- or five-year contract extension, and tell all the yinzers to pound sand.
BEN SETTLED THE LAWSUIT IN NEVADA ... LOOK IT UP....GUILTY !!!!!!!

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...uit/52702798/1

Maybe all the Ben lovers have their heads in the sand when this came out ? He said he would fight to the end. Right up to the point he knew he would have to testify and be cross examined. Then he paid her for the rape he committed against her.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:56 PM   #26
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,431 Times in 517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottcurtis View Post
Maybe all the Ben lovers have their heads in the sand when this came out ?
Head in sand, indeed...

Co-worker says Andrea McNulty bragged about having sex with Ben Roethlisberger

The only thing he was guilty of in the case of McNutty was banging a psycho. The only miscarriage of justice there was the Nevada judge allowing the charade to continue.
The Following User Says Thank You to fansince'76 For This Useful Post:
stairway27 (02-11-2013)
Old 02-11-2013, 01:16 PM   #27
scottcurtis
Banned

Member Number: 24767

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Head in sand, indeed...

Co-worker says Andrea McNulty bragged about having sex with Ben Roethlisberger

The only thing he was guilty of in the case of McNutty was banging a psycho. The only miscarriage of justice there was the Nevada judge allowing the charade to continue.
And he settled , cuz he did it ! Now not even Nevada judges are not as smart as Ben, anyone else ? The guy got away with rape at least twice ! Rumors of a third in Boston. Same guy who took a header into a Buick driving without a license and almost had his aorta stabbed by his own rib trying to kill him.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:26 PM   #28
jb500ex
Banned

Member Number: 24020

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
if Ben were a free agent, the Rooney's would try to hold onto him. however, I would like to think that they would have a well developed QB waiting for a shot if and when they need him.

To be honest, QB's who play so physically don't last much longer than what we've already seen out of Ben. He's started 126 games. Steve Young started 124 game in San Fran. McNair started 131 in TEN. What Roethlisberger is doing is impressive and the Rooney's standing behind him is a big reason why the Steelers have had continuous success over the years.
Remember this when his career is over and some facts come out
Old 02-11-2013, 01:41 PM   #29
dez09231
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11142

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaDave View Post
For the kazillion time, mainly because if there was any evidence that a rape occured, not only would he have had to pay off the girl, but all the law enforcement agencies in the State of Geogia. Even with Ben's $100 million dollar contract, that's not enough money to bribe everybody.

As for the girl's action, while you might convince me that she may not have been looking for a major payday, there is no doubt she was looking for trouble as evidenced by the DTF button she was sporting.

What is even more telling was the reaction of her father. What kind of father would not employ every means availible to defend his daughter's honor? Forget about the money for a minute, and think about you reacting that way if she was your daughter..

If 1/10 of what Ben has been accused of was true, either the courts, or the family would have halled Ben out to the nearest tree and hung his butt..

I hope that helps you understand how I arrived at my opinion, but I also understand where you are coming from and your sensitivity on the subject.. Listen, I've spent a lot of my early years working in bars, and bars in college towns as a working musician and have lived through a lot of crazyness just like this one.

Agreed it didn't make me a fly on the wall that night, or stall if you'd rather....( actually, there were probably were flys on the stall walls, not to mention at lot of liquid on the floor at that point of the day. Certainly not a exactly a place that would inspire one in search of amourus adventure...), but let me tell, the old BS o Meter hit a high level when this went down. Under the circumstances, normal people just do not react the way this girl and her father did when something as serious as a rape actually occurs unless there is more to the story.

And if there was, and If I were a betting man, there was another side of this that didn't favor the girl much. You certainly were not going to hear about it from the media making absolute fortune over this story acting as judge, jury, and executioner BEFORE examing the astounding lack of evidence that anything actually occured.

Sorry guys for hijacking this thread. This whole episode totally torques me off.

The chain of events was: Ben's bodyguards are seen leading visibly drunk girl to backroom, Roethlisberger goes in, bodyguards stand at backdoor and tell girls friends who are looking for her that she isn't in there, girl comes out crying hysterically, girl goes to police officer immediately, hospital staff describes her as "hysterical" and performs a rape kit that finds vaginal tearing consistent with rape as well as head injuries, girl has interviews with police, police interview Ben, police want DNA sample from Ben, girl magically doesn't show up for police interviews anymore and the DA can not compile a case without her testimony.

No one knows for sure what happened besides those two people, but she isn't going to go away without anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
Dez and Llyod are going to get married. Just need to arrange the ceremonies.

On topic: Pay the man.

I'm not moving to Canada. It's too cold this time of year. He's going to have to come down here.

Quote:

Because I read the entire file after it was released, from beginning to end. Judging by testimony of people at the club, the very best scenario is that he had his entourage help seperate a drunk girl from her friends, isolate her in a secluded room, went back and had consenual sex with her, then it was so magical for her that she started to have a mental breakdown in front of the club after it was over. He himself admitted 90% of what witnesses saw, even that there was sex involved.

If this was Ray Lewis we'd crucify him. But he's a Steeler, so its' cool.

Dude is a shit person, but a great football player.

Last edited by dez09231; 02-11-2013 at 01:51 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:45 PM   #30
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 11,743 Times in 4,698 Posts
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb500ex View Post
Remember this when his career is over and some facts come out
do you mean lingering injuries will be admitted? I think the guy's taken a beating over the years and I hope they don't catch up to him too soon. He can still have some great years ahead of him, and I hope he and the Steelers can get a few more shots at the SB.
Closed Thread