Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-11-2013, 01:39 PM   #11
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 6,265 Times in 2,970 Posts
My Mood: Sick
Default Re: The Pope quits - hands in his resignation

Frankie Boyle@frankieboyle
There'll be a resignation ceremony for the Pope, where he fires electrical rays from his fingers as Darth Vader throws him down a lift shaft

Frankie Boyle@frankieboyle
The Pope must have done something even the Church finds unacceptable. I'm guessing he's shagged an adult woman.

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:02 PM   #12
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,245 Times in 1,804 Posts

if only the scumbags in DC would follow suit.....

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:18 PM   #13
BrandonCarr39
Team Captain

Member Number: 7458

Not that I put alot of stock into this "prophecy", but some guy by the name of St. Malachi "prophecized" that there were be 112 Popes, with the last one being called Peter the Roman.

Benedict is the 111th one, and for now the current frontrunner is Ghana's Cardinal Peter Turkson.

Prophecy of the Popes
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophecy_of_the_Popes

Cardinals From Canada, Africa Lead in Papal Betting
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...t-resigns.html

Ghanian Cardinal Peter Turkson is the favorite to become pope after Benedict XVI resigns at the end of the month, according to Paddy Power Plc. Photographer: Gregorio Borgia/AP

Ghana's Cardinal Peter Turkson

As Predicted By St. Malachy Before Tom Horn & Cris Putnam -- The Last Pope Is Here!

As the legend goes, Malachy experienced what is today considered a famous vision commonly called “The Prophecy of the Popes.” The prophecy is a list of Latin verses predicting each of the Roman Catholic popes from Pope Celestine II to the final pope, “Peter the Roman,” whose reign would end in the destruction of Rome. According to this ancient prophecy, the very next pope (following Benedict XVI) will be the final pontiff, Petrus Romanus or Peter the Roman. The final segment of the prophecy reads:

In persecutione extrema S. R. E. sedebit Petrus Romanus, qui pascet oves in multis tribulationibus: quibus transactis civitas septicollis deruetur et judex tremendus judicabit populum. Finis.[xii]

Which is rendered:

In extreme persecution, the seat of the Holy Roman Church will be occupied by Peter the Roman, who will feed the sheep through many tribulations; when they are over, the city of seven hills will be destroyed, and the terrible or fearsome Judge will judge his people. The End.[xiii]...

http://www.raidersnewsupdate.com/petrus-one.htm
Old 02-11-2013, 03:20 PM   #14
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonCarr39 View Post
Not that I put alot of stock into this "prophecy", but some guy by the name of St. Malachi "prophecized" that there were be 112 Popes, with the last one being called Peter the Roman.

Benedict is the 111th one, and for now the current frontrunner is Ghana's Cardinal Peter Turkson.

Prophecy of the Popes
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophecy_of_the_Popes

Cardinals From Canada, Africa Lead in Papal Betting
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...t-resigns.html

Ghanian Cardinal Peter Turkson is the favorite to become pope after Benedict XVI resigns at the end of the month, according to Paddy Power Plc. Photographer: Gregorio Borgia/AP

Ghana's Cardinal Peter Turkson

Peter the Ghanian is not Peter the Roman

Old 02-11-2013, 03:23 PM   #15
BrandonCarr39
Team Captain

Rev 17:1 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great ***** that sitteth upon many waters:
Rev 17:2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.
Rev 17:3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
Rev 17:4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
Rev 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
Rev 17:6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.
Rev 17:7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.
Rev 17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
Rev 17:9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.

Rome(where the Vatican is) sits on 7 mountains. Not many places on earth has cities surrounded by 7 mountains - Dayton, Ohio maybe? Other than that, no other major cities but Rome.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:24 PM   #16
BrandonCarr39
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Peter the Ghanian is not Peter the Roman
If/when he takes the Pope's position, his name will likely be changed to that. We'll see.

Ie-Benedict's real name is Joseph Razinger.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:28 PM   #17
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,245 Times in 1,804 Posts

so your sayin i wasted my time sending in a resume ?

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:32 PM   #18
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Quote:
If/when he takes the Pope's position, his name will likely be changed to that. We'll see.

Ie-Benedict's real name is Joseph Razinger.

Then the fact that his real name is Peter means nothing

Old 02-11-2013, 03:36 PM   #19
BrandonCarr39
Team Captain

The Popes and their Jesuits are also responsible for running(pretty much) the countries in this world - they pick and choose the leaders(but are able to pull off making it look like candidates are running against each other).

They also are responsible for infiltrating Baptist/Protestant churches(ie-Southern Baptist Convention) and putting out all of these false bible versions out there - NIV, NKJV, NASB, NWT, RSV, New Century, Message, etc, along with books by "influential christian" authors like Rick Warren, Bill Hybels, Brian McLaren, Tony Jones, Beth Moore, Max Lucado, etc(all of whom have endorsed RCC teachings).

1611 King James Bible is the only true word of God out there - based on the majority texts/textus receptus that came out of Antioch, while the other versions came out of Alexandria, Egypt.

For more on this...

Noise of Thunder Radio with Chris Pinto
http://www.noiseofthunder.com

New Age Bible Versions by Gail Ripplinger
Old 02-11-2013, 04:00 PM   #20
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Quote:
The Popes and their Jesuits are also responsible for running(pretty much) the countries in this world - they pick and choose the leaders(but are able to pull off making it look like candidates are running against each other).

They also are responsible for infiltrating Baptist/Protestant churches(ie-Southern Baptist Convention) and putting out all of these false bible versions out there - NIV, NKJV, NASB, NWT, RSV, New Century, Message, etc, along with books by "influential christian" authors like Rick Warren, Bill Hybels, Brian McLaren, Tony Jones, Beth Moore, Max Lucado, etc(all of whom have endorsed RCC teachings).

1611 King James Bible is the only true word of God out there - based on the majority texts/textus receptus that came out of Antioch, while the other versions came out of Alexandria, Egypt.

For more on this...

Noise of Thunder Radio with Chris Pinto
http://www.noiseofthunder.com

New Age Bible Versions by Gail Ripplinger
The King James version is not Catholic. The first editions had gender mistakes - so much for the true word of God. And it was derivative of the Geneva Bible albeit, with prettier language. beware people giving bad history to make obnoxious claims.

The Catholic church, within the century before the KJV were still putting Englishmen on the rack for daring to own a bible in English. Read up on Thomas More. Sure that's ancient history but they made More, the torturing bastard, a saint in 1935 and the patron saint of Politicians in 2000. How lovely of them.