Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-11-2013, 06:19 PM   #91
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,191 Times in 598 Posts
Default Re: Ben Roethlisberger is our John Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil-Still-Rules-14 View Post
You do realize only two receivers in NFL history have caught 20+ TDs in a season, right? Not to mention those two happen to be probably the two best receivers ever (Rice and Moss).
hahahahahahahaha. The overvalue of a chump like Mike Wallace is hilarious. When are some of you going to stop basing your infatuation with his balls, with stats. The guy turned into a little girl in the middle of last year when he realized the Steelers were gonna make him earn it a little longer. And since then, he played scared, weak and unworthy of playing real football. If he wants to go play for loser teams like the Stains and Porpoise or even that overrun Spygate team, go ahead. He will pull the same shit with them the moment they say something to the public about him playing like Randy Moss half the time.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:19 AM   #92
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil-Still-Rules-14 View Post
You do realize only two receivers in NFL history have caught 20+ TDs in a season, right? Not to mention those two happen to be probably the two best receivers ever (Rice and Moss).
To me Don Hutson is the only receiver that is arguably better than Jerry Rice. I am not talking about ability - Randy Moss had probably the most ability out of anyone. Don Hutson led the league in touchdowns 8 times which is still an NFL record. Hutson's best season was 1942 when he scored 17 TD in just 11 games. He also had 74 catches for 1211 yards.

To put it in perspective the second most catches was 27 and the next most yards was 571.

Oh and I forgot Mike Wallace is the greatest receiver ever cause he's super duper fast.

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:34 AM   #93
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone
I'm a BR7 fan, but he is no where close to being as " clutch " as John Elway...That's not a knock, i'm not sure anyone is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacksburgSteeler13 View Post
Joe Montana?
Terry Bradshaw? I think a QB who's absolute worst rating in 4 superbowls is 101 is very clutch.

Not to mention Bradshaw is tied with Montana for most consecutive playoff games with 2 or more TD passes with 7.

No player has ever stepped up his regular season play for the playoffs more than Bradshaw.

Elway's claim to fame? Beating the Browns in the AFC Championship only to lose to the Redskins 42-10 and finish with a rating of 36. The drive! The drive! Show me some highlights of his 3 interception Superbowl blowout please NFL Network- that's what he won with "The Drive."

Elway lost 3 Superbowls by 19 or more points (4 in total) before TD came along. There is no Elway "legacy" without TD. Period.

Old 02-12-2013, 05:00 AM   #94
Gnutella
Head Coach

Member Number: 13861
Thanked 2,228 Times in 802 Posts
My Mood: Bitchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcoop View Post
Whoa, slow your roll playa, don't make this a race thing using "n______r", that shit ain't cool. Stick to the subject and argue your point.
I should have clarified. What I meant when I made that comparison is that "Ben lover" is considered an insult by rotten, hateful people who are offended that other people have no problem with the people who they have a vehement hatred for. Because it really makes no sense to insult people for reasons like that.
Gnutella is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:36 AM   #95
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
I should have clarified. What I meant when I made that comparison is that "Ben lover" is considered an insult by rotten, hateful people who are offended that other people have no problem with the people who they have a vehement hatred for. Because it really makes no sense to insult people for reasons like that.
The term "Ben lover" has about as much to do with racism as the term "Ben nuthugger" or "Ben apologist" which is to say- absolutely nothing. You are actually the one using social stigma and pressure to force scottcurtis to conform to your views the same way racists originally used the "lover" term to force people to conform to theirs.

Scottcurtis does not like Roethlisberger because of the way he has conducted himself on and off the field. That is his opinion. He should be more careful to voice his criticism constrcuctively rather than just proselytizing people into hating Roethlisberger. However, scottcurtis has chosen to dislike Roethlisberger on the basis of Ben's own actions. He does not hold Roethlisberger's race, religion, creed or some other quality out of Roethlisberger's control against him as far as we know, and that completely seperates him from the ignorant tripe associated with racist ideologies.

The Following User Says Thank You to lloydwoodson For This Useful Post:
scottcurtis (02-12-2013)
Old 02-12-2013, 07:52 AM   #96
scottcurtis
Banned

Member Number: 24767

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
hahahahahahahaha. The overvalue of a chump like Mike Wallace is hilarious. When are some of you going to stop basing your infatuation with his balls, with stats. The guy turned into a little girl in the middle of last year when he realized the Steelers were gonna make him earn it a little longer. And since then, he played scared, weak and unworthy of playing real football. If he wants to go play for loser teams like the Stains and Porpoise or even that overrun Spygate team, go ahead. He will pull the same shit with them the moment they say something to the public about him playing like Randy Moss half the time.
Do you people realize that only 2 Wr's in the history of the NFL had a better first 3 years in the NFL .... Rice & Moss. So yeah I think Wallace is capable of 20 TD seasons !

If Brees was throwing Wallace the ball.... no doubt !
scottcurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:55 AM   #97
scottcurtis
Banned

Member Number: 24767

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
Yinzers will always be yinzers.

"Ben lover" is the new "n____r lover," apparently.

TALK ABOUT SOMEONE WHO SHOULD BE BAN !!!!! YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF! SERIOUSLY !!!! YOUR OPINION MEANS ZERO TO ME !!!! ESPECIALLY NOW !!!!
scottcurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:03 AM   #98
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottcurtis View Post
Do you people realize that only 2 Wr's in the history of the NFL had a better first 3 years in the NFL .... Rice & Moss. So yeah I think Wallace is capable of 20 TD seasons !

If Brees was throwing Wallace the ball.... no doubt !
I'm going to let you finish... but Lance Alworth and Anquan Boldin had two of the best first 3 years in the NFL of all time!

I think Wallace could be capable of a 20 td season if the planets aligned correctly but it would take ideal circumstances.

As you can see by my signature I am pretty big on Wallace.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:05 AM   #99
Blacksburg Zach
Team President
Supporter

Super Mario Flash Champion! Ragnarok Champion!
Member Number: 24584
Thanked 2,728 Times in 1,037 Posts
My Mood: Aggressive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
Terry Bradshaw? I think a QB who's absolute worst rating in 4 superbowls is 101 is very clutch.

Not to mention Bradshaw is tied with Montana for most consecutive playoff games with 2 or more TD passes with 7.

No player has ever stepped up his regular season play for the playoffs more than Bradshaw.

Elway's claim to fame? Beating the Browns in the AFC Championship only to lose to the Redskins 42-10 and finish with a rating of 36. The drive! The drive! Show me some highlights of his 3 interception Superbowl blowout please NFL Network- that's what he won with "The Drive."

Elway lost 3 Superbowls by 19 or more points (4 in total) before TD came along. There is no Elway "legacy" without TD. Period.
Elway was only part of the losing superbowl team three times. Superbowl xxi 39-20 to the giants, superbowl xxii 42-10 to the redskins, and superbowl xxiv 55-10 to the 49ers. The Broncos franchise lost super bowl xii to the cowboys, but Craig Morton was the Broncos quarterback in that game, but yeah, those three blowout superbowl losses are still pretty bad.

Last edited by Blacksburg Zach; 02-12-2013 at 10:28 AM. Reason: typo
Blacksburg Zach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:02 AM   #100
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacksburgSteeler13 View Post
Elway was only part of the losing superbowl team three times. Superbowl xxi 39-20 to the giants, su[erbowl xxii 42-10 to the redskins, and superbowl xxiv 55-10 to the 49ers. The Broncos franchise lost super bowl xii to the cowboys, but Craig Morton was the Broncos quarterback in that game, but yeah, those three blowout superbowl losses are still pretty bad.
The fact that he took those average teams to the big game is amazing!