Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-12-2013, 10:52 AM   #21
Steel Peon
Starter

Member Number: 17520
My Mood: Drunk
Default Re: Wallace to Cleveland?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
I'm more concerned about Heath Miller's status than losing Wallace.
Afuckingmen!
Steel Peon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:56 AM   #22
wwhickok
Starter

Member Number: 24713

Quote:
Originally Posted by casteeler View Post
You are 100% correct. It's Steeler way to dismiss the Browns as garbage but the fact is they building a good orginization,Last year they could have swept the Steelers season series. With the addition of Norv and the ability to pick up an Alex Smith (who was 2nd in Passer rating in 2012 before being replaced) they already have a beastly Running back,improving Recievers and a stout defense,adding a very good QB (several are available) the Browns could and probably will be a real threat to Win the AFC and maybe more.The 49ers proved that it doesn't take long to build a hell of a good team
New ownership hasn't hurt them either.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:02 AM   #23
casteeler
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15446
My Mood: Relaxed

Quote:
I don't dismiss the Browns, but, if I'm the Steelers - I worry about taking care of my own business first.

Ravens got a QB at it took them 5 years to get over the hump - and they actually had far more talent than Cleveland will have in this scenario. Signing up coaches doesn't scare me. Does adding Norv make them better than us all of a sudden? Alex Smith will be toast against AFC North defenses - mark it down if he goes there.
Alex Smith has playoff experiance and beat the Steelers 2 seasons ago,Norv and the Chargers beat the Steelers last year with a crumbling team. I'm concerned because I see a team in our division doing what they need to improve.Don't fool yourself into thinking that because it took Baltimore 5 years to achieve greatness that it will take Cleveland just as long
casteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #24
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,473 Times in 1,648 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by casteeler View Post
Alex Smith has playoff experiance and beat the Steelers 2 seasons ago,Norv and the Chargers beat the Steelers last year with a crumbling team. I'm concerned because I see a team in our division doing what they need to improve.Don't fool yourself into thinking that because it took Baltimore 5 years to achieve greatness that it will take Cleveland just as long
sorry cast - while I'm by no means comfortable with our situation - I'm just not sold on Norv Turner - the whole - "broken clock is right twice a day" thing comes to mind. If you look at the overall picture - Norv's team and the Browns generally lose to us far more often than us to them - eventually, being a professional and a professional team - they should beat us every now and then

It took the worst performance in recent history for us to lose to them by what 6 pts?

Regarding Alex Smith - yes, he "beat us" - but, I'd say it had more to do with our offense being injured (Ben) and just about no production from them. The defense did great that day - as good as any D could do considering they were asked yet again to win a game by taking all the pressure

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:52 AM   #25
BlaZeQuietly
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 18219
My Mood: Blah

Quote:
I remember that article - good point

anyone have news on Heath Miller's timeline? I can't remember what people were speculating regarding his return.

O-line stability , RB sitch, viable TE threat = greater needs over losing Wallace. Wallace is the least of my concerns.
Miller tore his ACL and MCL right? I had the same injury when I was 21 and it took me almost a year to be 100% and that was with surgery, plus I play baseball not football, I highly doubt Miller will be ready, We'll be lucky to see him by November.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:06 PM   #26
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

I was realistically thinking that we might not see Heath until the last 2-3 weeks of the season, at best.

Agree to disagree.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #27
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,043 Times in 550 Posts

hahhaha, Cleveland building an excellent team. I have been hearing that shit for a decade and a half. If you want to continue to build shit, I can not see a better start then to bring in a puntang pie like Mike Wallace. I would love to have him on Cleveland, so Ryan Clark can pound him into the ground when he comes into his area. But then again, Wallace might just fall on the ground so he doesnt get hurt before he could get a shot on the little fairy.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OX1947 For This Useful Post:
steelfury02 (02-12-2013)
Old 02-12-2013, 12:12 PM   #28
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
hahhaha, Cleveland building an excellent team. I have been hearing that shit for a decade and a half. If you want to continue to build shit, I can not see a better start then to bringing in a puntang pie like Mike Wallace. I would love to have him on Cleveland, so Ryan Clark can pound him into the ground when he comes into his area. But then again, Wallace might just fall on the ground so he doesnt get hurt.
yeah - if Norv and whoever couldn't do it with Rivers, Tomlinson and multiple playoff trips - they aren't doing it with Wheedon/Smith/Whoever, Trent Richardson and Mike Wallace - those last names are a big step down from what was going on in San Diego

You really would fear a team like the Browns with less talent than San Diego had - who we already beat on multiple occasions. Sure the teams and our situation are different - but, why even root or watch them play? Why should we fear the Browns? Again - broken clock right twice a day . . .

Agree to disagree.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:20 PM   #29
VaDave
Team President

Member Number: 479
Thanked 1,573 Times in 894 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
hahhaha, Cleveland building an excellent team. I have been hearing that shit for a decade and a half. If you want to continue to build shit, I can not see a better start then to bring in a puntang pie like Mike Wallace. I would love to have him on Cleveland, so Ryan Clark can pound him into the ground when he comes into his area. But then again, Wallace might just fall on the ground so he doesnt get hurt before he could get a shot on the little fairy.
Actually, it's been going on since Art Model refused to pay Art Rooney back a loan he gave him back in the 70's.

Haslam will do a much better job than either Model or the Lerners did over the last 40 years.

As for Norv, he was really good with Novachek, Aikman, Smith and Irvin, and that awesome OL he had in Dallas. I'm fairly certain there isn't that kind of talent on the lake, and Norv was spotty elsewhere.
VaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:20 PM   #30
BlaZeQuietly
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 18219
My Mood: Blah

Trent Richardson is actually pretty good, so is Wallace although he's over rated, and hey if they pick up Alex Smith and add that to their decent defense and offensive line maybe it could be the year they make a run....