Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Community > Introductions

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Bucs

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 28, 1:00 PM
FOX

Old 11-14-2012, 07:54 PM   #11
tarasovic2
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24503
Default Re: Why the Steelers? Convince me

I don't think being a fan works this way at all. You never have to ask why. The team is in your blood. I would have to be a Steeler fan even if they had five consecutive 0-16 seasons. It would not be any fun, but as Hyman Roth said: "This is the business we've chosen."
tarasovic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:43 PM   #12
1933 the beginning
Water Boy

Member Number: 24709

Some people pick a team in there youth and they are in there blood for life. Others may not. I do understand growing around a team you just can't like. I grew up near the Rams. They even practiced at a old elementary school by my house. I enjoyed watching them practice, but it was tooo late I was A Black and Gold boy .. The Steelers have never been pretty to watch, But they sure do keep your heart pumpin watchin em do it !!
1933 the beginning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:45 AM   #13
CrabbySteelerFan
Water Boy

Location: 25 minutes south of enemy headquarters (Ravens stadium)
Member Number: 17955

Quote:
Originally Posted by superguy View Post
Hello,

I grew up in NY my whole life, and now I am in Columbus, Ohio, for school (Ohio State).
Honestly, if I were you I'd be a Giants fan. I think that in order to have any lasting allegiance to a team you need some semblance of a geographical tie to the team. Otherwise your allegiance will be almost totally dependent on the success of the team, which can vary from year to year.

My father is from southwest Pennsylvania. If he weren't I probably wouldn't be a Steeler fan.
CrabbySteelerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:01 PM   #14
The_Joker
Team Owner

Member Number: 24540
Thanked 1,446 Times in 756 Posts
My Mood: Devilish

None of my family is from Pittsburgh.

I am from Orlando, Florida.

I live in Washington DC.

My dad is a Redskins fan, my uncle a Cowboys fan and I know more Ravens fans than Steelers fans. My best friends are an Eagles fan, a Patriots fan and a Dolphins fan.

Yet I am a diehard Steelers fan through and through. How did that happen? I have no fucking idea but it is embedded into at this point. You don't choose your alliance, your alliance chooses you.
The_Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:28 PM   #15
aa14
Banned

Member Number: 24529
My Mood: In Love
Exclamation Re: Why the Steelers? Convince me

Quote:
Originally Posted by superguy View Post

Anyway, I've been thinking about the following teams, one of them to be my new favorite team:

Steelers
Browns
Bengals
Giants
Titans
Raiders
49ers
If you're going to become a fan of the Steelers you might as well forget that and consider the Ravens instead. They are a lot like the Steelers except less ugly (See: Suggs) and they have a superior front office. I won't mention the recent success but the future is bright for the organization. I've talked with dozens of Steelers fans over the years and they are fantastic but there are several grave concerns regarding their choice of franchise to cheer for. Neurosis is prevalent in long-term fans. There are several studies being conducted at Dalhousie University and U of Connecticut concerning this phenomena but I'd hold off until the results are in (It may take several more years). If you are in a rush and truly care for your mental health you should become anything but a Steelers fan. Even the Raiders might be stressful on you in the long run. You've been warned!
aa14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:44 PM   #16
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 9,563 Times in 3,909 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa14 View Post
If you're going to become a fan of the Steelers you might as well forget that and consider the Ravens instead. They are a lot like the Steelers except less ugly (See: Suggs) and they have a superior front office. I won't mention the recent success but the future is bright for the organization. I've talked with dozens of Steelers fans over the years and they are fantastic but there are several grave concerns regarding their choice of franchise to cheer for. Neurosis is prevalent in long-term fans. There are several studies being conducted at Dalhousie University and U of Connecticut concerning this phenomena but I'd hold off until the results are in (It may take several more years). If you are in a rush and truly care for your mental health you should become anything but a Steelers fan. Even the Raiders might be stressful on you in the long run. You've been warned!
plus you get to wear all the purple spandex you can stand!