Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2013 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-17-2013, 02:41 PM   #1
bubbletownwr88
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17882
Default Da'Rick Rogers - WR Tenn. Tech

He could very well be the best receiver in this draft. I would love to see us take the chance on him if he's still there by the 3rd round. However, I'm sure you guys already know about his problems off the field, the reward outweigh the risk? Thoughts?
bubbletownwr88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:14 PM   #2
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 7,966 Times in 3,375 Posts
Default Re: Da'Rick Rogers - WR Tenn. Tech

I don't pay much attention to college football, so I'm not familiar with his problems. I see he's failed a drug test and got kicked off the team. Is this a Holmes type situation? I say the reward is worth the risk in that case.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:34 PM   #3
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,135 Times in 3,917 Posts

“There were a couple of drug tests,” Rogers said. “And it was about me being a young, immature guy and those are things that I’ve got to work on. I plan to do that. When it came to review my next school and I met coach (Watson) Brown I most definitely felt like he was a guy that could help me with all my things and the situation that I had going on.”

I'm his age now so I can relate to him better than other guys can, but I think we can all relate to being young and making stupid decisions. He failed a drug test because he had some pot - so what? He wasn't taking PEDs and he hasn't failed multiple tests - just one that led him to leave UT and transfer to Tennessee Tech.

If he's there in the second round, it'll be a discussion for us. You're right - I think he is the best WR in this draft and I think his size and frame fit what we're lacking right now. He's 6'3, 215 lbs and he has reliable and sure-hands.

Brown - Sanders - Rogers is a hell'uva trio.

Mike who, again?
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:06 PM   #4
PhantomJB93
Head Coach

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Yeehaw

I always heard bad things about Rogers but if it was really just one failed pot test then I don't think he's an unrealistic pick. We took a chance on Mike Adams and that was even worse because it was at the combine and he knew he needed to be clean for that.

Then again we traded a Super Bowl MVP for a 5th round pick over weed so who knows.

Also, how the hell did Tennessee end up with all these receivers? Patterson, Hunter, and Rogers would probably be a top ten, maybe even top 5 NFL receiving corps, and they haven't even played a down.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:16 PM   #5
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,135 Times in 3,917 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
Also, how the hell did Tennessee end up with all these receivers? Patterson, Hunter, and Rogers would probably be a top ten, maybe even top 5 NFL receiving corps, and they haven't even played a down.
The recruiter for Tennessee needs a raise, that's forsure.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:47 PM   #6
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
The recruiter for Tennessee needs a raise, that's forsure.
Or $$ for writing all those checks
Old 02-18-2013, 05:24 PM   #7
StevieRayVol
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24064

As someone who has Watched UT football for the past 40 years..And Steeler football for the past 40 years.." WE DO NOT WANT DA'RICK ROGERS". He's a tremendous talent but also a tremendous head case. When Hunter went down their sophmore year..Rogers was the man but became such a cancer in the locker room and with coaches to deal with, ( He even got into shouting matches with the strength and conditioning coaches) that long time veteran coach Charlie Baggett ( he coached Moss and Carter with The Vkings, Coached "BAD MOON" Rison at Michigan State) left to go back to the NFL..."BABY SITTING ROGERS WAS A SUCH A PAIN IN THE BUTT". ( Before Rogers ever played a down at UT he was involved in a bar fight off campus that injured one cop)

This past season every one at UT couldn't wait for the debut of the trio of a healthy Hunter, Patterson and Rogers..I mean come on who you going to cover in that bunch? Rogers had been suspended from the team but had worked his way back ( Failed drug test)Former Coach Derek Dooley had raved about what a leader on and off the field Rogers had become then one week before the opener against North Carolina State Rogers was dismissed from the team.

Apparently he had flunked ANOTHER drug test and was going to have to sit for 4 games..Instead of taking the punishment..he got got abusive with Dooley and then Wr coach Darin Hinshaw and was sent packing down the road to Cookeville, Tn and Tennessee Tech..

He's a tremendous talent who's plays like Anquain Bolden. About the same size and plays the same way...But man you never know what kind of stunt he going to pull...I've always said he was a million dollar talent with a ten cent brain..

Whoever drafts this kid and gives him a lot of money better be prepared to go through a bunch of sleepless nights...

You might draft him in the lower rounds but I'd hold my breath with him on the roster.

When he was a freshman these pictures surfaced on the internet and Rogers and Vol fans caught Hell about "FAT WHITE CHICKS AND MIKE'S HARD ICE".http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=116900

Last edited by StevieRayVol; 02-18-2013 at 05:48 PM.
StevieRayVol is offline   Reply With Quote