Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 02-17-2013, 02:10 AM   #111
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495
Default Re: Mike Wallace vs Swann, Ward etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Mike Wallace in the same class as Megatron.

I mean, does that even deserve an answer? I don't even know if he's being serious right now. I can't tell.
You know what? Neither can I.

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:37 AM   #112
jb500ex
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24020

Numbers don't always tell the story. We have two players the number lie about and Wallace is one of them. Let some one else blow big money on him we will be better off
jb500ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:34 AM   #113
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

What's this "he had a down year" stuff? No he didn't, he was "down" for the entire 2nd half of the 2011 season too. That's why I and many others didn't think he deserved a contract this past off season. He proved that himself in 2012. I know some like Wallace a lot, but the excuse making time has ran out. If your young and wanting undeserved money then you better be in the process of turning yourself into a household name, not a highlight reel shame. Can't hang on to it, can't run with the ball without fumbling, and can't get open for shit when Ben is scrambling. Has he made some long plays in the past? Yes. Is he a "deep threat"? Theoretically yes. But a full season and a half is too long to be MIA and be considered a top Steeler WR, let alone the best of all time. Hines Ward, in his last 8 games as a starter, produced roughly the same "stats" as Wallace did the last 8 games of that same season. Wallace is a sub par WR with top notch capability, but since he already thinks he's worth more then $10mil, it's likely his attitude will continue to keep him an under performer, especially since he won't be catching passes from a top QB like Ben anymore.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:09 PM   #114
VaDave
Team President

Member Number: 479
Thanked 1,621 Times in 919 Posts

tanda,

While agree with your post, the salient question is, are we going to be a lesser club without him? IMO, the answer is yes. Whether or not we can afford him, or whether we should afford him is entirely another one. A front loaded 3 yr contract to minimize the cap hit, at about $7.5 - $8 mill top sounds about right. If somebody wants to pay him more, let 'em.
VaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:23 PM   #115
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 8,207 Times in 3,462 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaDave View Post
tanda,

While agree with your post, the salient question is, are we going to be a lesser club without him? IMO, the answer is yes. Whether or not we can afford him, or whether we should afford him is entirely another one. A front loaded 3 yr contract to minimize the cap hit, at about $7.5 - $8 mill top sounds about right. If somebody wants to pay him more, let 'em.
very good point. Let's be honest unless we hit the jackpot at the WR position in the Draft, we are going to miss Wallace.
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to harrison'samonster For This Useful Post:
lloydwoodson (02-18-2013)
Old 02-18-2013, 08:35 AM   #116
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,808 Times in 1,830 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
very good point. Let's be honest unless we hit the jackpot at the WR position in the Draft, we are going to miss Wallace.
have to disagree - I'll miss him like I missed Santonio Holmes - who was a SB MVP and most got over pretty quickly when we still went to a SB appearance without him and our secondary pretty much rendered him useless against us

I'll miss him like I missed El, Wilson, and Washington - who all actually helped us win a SB - sorry, WRs have come and gone.Can't agree my good sir.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:40 AM   #117
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
have to disagree - I'll miss him like I missed Santonio Holmes - who was a SB MVP and most got over pretty quickly when we still went to a SB appearance without him and our secondary pretty much rendered him useless against us

I'll miss him like I missed El, Wilson, and Washington - who all actually helped us win a SB - sorry, WRs have come and gone.Can't agree my good sir.
true, a lot of us as fans won't miss him. What I mean is the team will miss what he brings to the field.
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:45 AM   #118
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,808 Times in 1,830 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
true, a lot of us as fans won't miss him. What I mean is the team will miss what he brings to the field.
I actually am afraid of losing our speed for YAC with the short stuff - seemed to be turning into a real bread and butter set of plays for Wallace, even though him and Ben wanted the low % deep stuff - see Wallace's Giants TD. I have faith that "good enough" speed can be found elsewhere though

we could all be pissing and moaning and he ends up staying on the cheap - who the heck knows - we got a couple weeks before the exodus, right?

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:22 AM   #119
SkipBayless69
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24783

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post

I can not believe what I am hearing. This is blasphemy. Are you comparing El, Wilson and Washington to the Michael Jordan of the NFL? Mike Wallace is the fastest and most handsome receiver in the game today! In no way is there another player on the Steelers let alone the entire NFL who can do what he does. Wallace is irreplacable. There, I said it.

SkipBayless69 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SkipBayless69 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (02-18-2013)
Old 02-18-2013, 10:27 AM   #120
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipBayless69 View Post
I can not believe what I am hearing. This is blasphemy. Are you comparing El, Wilson and Washington to the Michael Jordan of the NFL? Mike Wallace is the fastest and most handsome receiver in the game today! In no way is there another player on the Steelers let alone the entire NFL who can do what he does. Wallace is irreplacable. There, I said it.

thanks Skip, that made my day