Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2013, 12:00 AM   #1
BlaZeQuietly
Team Captain
Supporter
 
BlaZeQuietly's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 936
Gender: Male
Member Number: 18219
Thanks: 73
Thanked 47 Times in 38 Posts
Default I'm over it

Alright so I'm over this years disaster season, things didn't go our way and I bitched about our team way too much. I even kind of wish we could keep wallace and mende now, I was just disappointed to miss the playoffs, Ben's injury and some bad luck was the difference between 8-8 and 12-4, there is no doubt in my mind we will be back in the play offs neat year
__________________
BlaZeQuietly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:29 AM   #2
VaDave
Team President
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Richmond, Va
Posts: 2,029
Gender: Male
Member Number: 479
Thanks: 638
Thanked 1,207 Times in 705 Posts
Default Re: I'm over it

Blaze,

I've been over it, but there has been a lot of missed placed angst posted here and elsewhere around Steeler Nation that is too over the top to believe. This is the best franchise in football, bar none, but we gripe about it like there is no tomorrow. Me included. Go figure....
VaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:37 AM   #3
Blacksburg Zach
Head Coach
Supporter
 
Blacksburg Zach's Avatar
 
Super Mario Flash Champion! Ragnarok Champion! Helicopter2 Champion!
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Posts: 1,846
Gender: Male
Member Number: 24584
Thanks: 1,157
Thanked 1,974 Times in 784 Posts
Default Re: I'm over it

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaDave View Post
Blaze,

I've been over it, but there has been a lot of missed placed angst posted here and elsewhere around Steeler Nation that is too over the top to believe. This is the best franchise in football, bar none, but we gripe about it like there is no tomorrow. Me included. Go figure....
Yeah, we do gripe a lot when the Steelers fail to make the playoffs one year. With the rich history of Steelers football, the fans expect a super bowl championship every year, or the season is a failure. I disagree with the fans that are calling for the heads of everyone affiliated with the Steelers, and I think that is excessive, but I will admit I have done my fair share of complaining throughout the season. If we gripe this much about the Steelers missing the playoffs one year, I'd hate to imagine how much Cleveland, Buffalo, and Detroit fans complain about their teams. With that having been said, the Steelers will be back in the playoffs sooner rather than later. Go Steelers!
Blacksburg Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:43 AM   #4
steelfury02
Living Legend
Supporter
 
steelfury02's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,757
Member Number: 6076
Thanks: 2,784
Thanked 2,862 Times in 1,377 Posts
Default Re: I'm over it

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacksburgSteeler13 View Post
Yeah, we do gripe a lot when the Steelers fail to make the playoffs one year. With the rich history of Steelers football, the fans expect a super bowl championship every year, or the season is a failure. I disagree with the fans that are calling for the heads of everyone affiliated with the Steelers, and I think that is excessive, but I will admit I have done my fair share of complaining throughout the season. If we gripe this much about the Steelers missing the playoffs one year, I'd hate to imagine how much Cleveland, Buffalo, and Detroit fans complain about their teams. With that having been said, the Steelers will be back in the playoffs sooner rather than later. Go Steelers!
I'd imagine a few more mediocre-to bad seasons in a row might help Steelers fans not get there hope so high - I'm sure most of those fan bases just count wins as a bonus and root with a nothing to lose attitude

Maybe the next time the Steelers seriously contend, Steelers fans will cherish it that much more.
__________________

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:54 AM   #5
harrison'samonster
Living Legend
 
harrison'samonster's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Youngstown, OH
Posts: 6,399
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17630
Thanks: 40,114
Thanked 7,127 Times in 3,043 Posts
Default Re: I'm over it

definitely time to start looking to the next season. I like to complain about some things and everything as well as most people on here. Can't wait for more stuff to happen so I can start with all new fresh complaints!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
I think so too, but there are about 50 players rumored to be first round draft choices so far. someone has to fall...
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:17 AM   #6
Steel Peon
Starter
 
Steel Peon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Erie, PA
Posts: 408
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17520
Thanks: 286
Thanked 153 Times in 74 Posts
Default Re: I'm over it

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaZeQuietly View Post
Alright so I'm over this years disaster season
I'm not trying to be a one-upper, but honestly I was over it before it even began. We had many things right from the start going against our chances at winning a championship, let alone making a playoff run.

A) New OC in Todd Haley - Not saying he's bad, but rarely do teams with a new OC do anything significant.

B) Mike Wallace was holding out and showed up to training camp very very late, so he'll not be conditioned or know a BRAND NEW OFFENSE very well at all. This is not a good sign for your supposed #1 receiver, who then went on to have a shitty season, as I expected.

C) A promising, but very Rookie O-Line will usually NOT take you to SB.....sorry.

D) Having key defensive players on the mend from the start of the season requires a miracle to turn you into a championship caliber defense.

I've also said this before, but this coming year looks TONS more promising than last, and I personally think we'll be the ones to fear in 2013.
Steel Peon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steel Peon For This Useful Post:
teegre (02-19-2013), VaDave (02-19-2013)
Old 02-19-2013, 11:26 AM   #7
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 10,849
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 13,434
Thanked 14,198 Times in 5,985 Posts
Default Re: I'm over it

Peon, I really agree with the last part.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:59 AM   #8
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter
 
stb_steeler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pa
Posts: 3,567
Gender: Male
Member Number: 14315
Thanks: 173
Thanked 312 Times in 183 Posts
Default Re: I'm over it

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
definitely time to start looking to the next season. I like to complain about some things and everything as well as most people on here. Can't wait for more stuff to happen so I can start with all new fresh complaints!
Gonna be a long summer
__________________

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:04 PM   #9
harrison'samonster
Living Legend
 
harrison'samonster's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Youngstown, OH
Posts: 6,399
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17630
Thanks: 40,114
Thanked 7,127 Times in 3,043 Posts
Default Re: I'm over it

Quote:
Originally Posted by stb_steeler View Post
Gonna be a long summer
it sure is, but before we get there we might have some pretty exciting moments through free agency (along the lines of letting people go) and the draft (along the lines of not getting who we want). I can't wait! I have faith the Steelers will put a good team together for next year.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
I think so too, but there are about 50 players rumored to be first round draft choices so far. someone has to fall...
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:12 PM   #10
steelfury02
Living Legend
Supporter
 
steelfury02's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,757
Member Number: 6076
Thanks: 2,784
Thanked 2,862 Times in 1,377 Posts
Default Re: I'm over it

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
it sure is, but before we get there we might have some pretty exciting moments through free agency (along the lines of letting people go) and the draft (along the lines of not getting who we want). I can't wait! I have faith the Steelers will put a good team together for next year.
new topics of discussion are very welcomed! Can't wait to see FA and draft moves
__________________

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts