Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-14-2013, 03:39 AM   #1
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Default 'Blade Runner' Oscar Pistorius allegedly kills girlfriend in shooting

Oscar Pistorius competed in the London Olympics and Paralympics. (Reuters)

'Blade Runner' Oscar Pistorius allegedly kills girlfriend in shooting
2 hours 1 minute ago

Oscar Pistorius, the South African double amputee "Blade Runner" who inspired the world by competing as a sprinter in the London Olympics, is under police custody Thursday after allegedly shooting and killing his girlfriend, according to the South African news agency News24.

A Pretoria police captain confirmed to News24 that the woman, believed to be Pistorius’ girlfriend, was shot in both the head and arm and died at the scene. It is believed four shots were fired, and police say a 9mm pistol was recovered from the home in the suburban Silverwoods Country Estate's area of Pretoria, the nation’s capital.

Pistorius was brought into custody soon after for additional questioning over the circumstances of the death. He is expected to appear in Pretoria Magistrate court on Thursday according to News24.

One report said Pistorius might have mistaken his girlfriend for an intruder. Reports listed Pistorius' girlfriend as Reeva Steenkamp, a model.

(Read More:) http://sports.yahoo.com/news/olympic...073309639.html

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.

Last edited by Buddha Bus; 02-14-2013 at 04:35 AM.
Buddha Bus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:15 AM   #2
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 5,543 Times in 2,684 Posts
My Mood: Sad
Default Re: 'Blade Runner' Oscar Pistorius allegedly kills girlfriend in shooting

Report: Case Against Pistorius is “Rock Solid”

A bloody cricket bat found in Oscar Pistorius’ home will complicate the athlete’s defense that he killed his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp because he thought she was an intruder. South Africa’s City Press newspaper reports the bloodied bat is now the “central piece of evidence” and police are working on three possible theories: that Pistorius beat Steenkamp with it, that she defended herself with it, or that the athlete used it to break down the door to the bathroom where Steenkamp was hiding.

Three sources tell the paper Steenkamp’s skull was “crushed” and that the case against Pistorius is “rock solid.” It’s not just the bat. Steenkamp was wearing a negligee when she was found and her overnight bag and iPad were on Pistorius’ bedroom floor. The sheets on the bed were also rumpled. “The suspicion is that the first shot, in the bedroom, hit her in the hip. She then ran and locked herself in the toilet. She was doubled over because of the pain. He fired three more shots,” a source tells the paper.

The police refused to comment on the reports of the bloody bat. "I don't know where they got it from, but they didn't get it from any official source in the police," a police spokesman told AFP. "We want to give the investigators an opportunity to investigate and we will make an official statement after the bail application."

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...rius_home.html

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:55 AM   #3
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Re: 'Blade Runner' Oscar Pistorius allegedly kills girlfriend in shooting

what a waste

Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:29 AM   #4
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Report: Case Against Pistorius is “Rock Solid”
I wouldn't want to be his lawyer... the guy doesn't have a leg to stand on
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fire Haley For This Useful Post:
Lady Steel (02-22-2013), steelax04 (02-19-2013), tony hipchest (02-18-2013)
Old 02-19-2013, 11:45 AM   #5
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 5,543 Times in 2,684 Posts
My Mood: Sad

What Oscar Pistorius Says Happened on the Night He Shot His Girlfriend

Quote:

Oscar Pistorius returned to court today, where for the first time the Paralympic champion publicly offered his version of how he ended up shooting and killing his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp, in the early morning hours of Valentine's Day. Pistorius, known as the Blade Runner because of his running prostheses, said that he mistook Steenkamp for an intruder after waking in the middle of the night. It was only after he unloaded multiple rounds from his 9mm through a locked bathroom door that he realized what he had done. By then, he said, it was too late to save her.

Here's his statement as read by his lawyer. (For what it's worth, this comes from the Daily Mail. Other media accounts are running it in bits and pieces, so this is the fullest account I've been able to find):

I fail to understand how I could be charged with murder, let alone premeditated murder because I had no intention to kill. I had no intention to kill my girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp. I have been informed I have been accused of murder—I deny the accusation. Nothing can be further from the truth that I planned the murder of my girlfriend.

On [February 13] Reeva would have gone out with her friends, me with mine. She wanted to stay at home. I was watching TV. My legs were off. She was doing yoga. At the end of the evening we got into bed.

I’m acutely aware of people gaining entries to homes to commit crime, I’ve received death threats. I sleep with my 9mm under my bed. I woke up to close the sliding door and heard a noise in the bathroom. I was scared and didn’t switch on the light. I got my gun and moved towards the bathroom. I screamed at the intruder because I did not have my legs on I felt vulnerable. I fired shots through the bathroom door and told Reeva to call police.

I walked back to the bed and realized Reeva was not in bed. Then it dawned on me it could be her in there. I kicked the door open. Called paramedics and complex security. I tried to carry her downstairs for help. I tried to help her but she died in my arms. With the benefit of hindsight I realize that Reeva went to the bathroom when I went to close the balcony door.

The prosecution, meanwhile, offered a very different version of events. Prosecutor Gerrie Nel told the South African courtroom that Pistorius took the time to put on his artificial legs and walk the seven-odd meters from his bed to the bathroom door before opening fire, something he said was clear proof of premeditation. "There's no possible explanation to support his report that he thought it was a burglar," Nel said. "If I arm myself, walk a distance and murder a person, that is premeditated. ... There is no doubt. I walk seven meters and I kill."

If convicted of premeditated murder, Pistorius would face a mandatory life sentence.
He got his gun after she was in the bathroom. The gun was under the bed. So he was at the bed after she left the bed when he armed himself. I expect a "mound of pillows" excuse next.

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:33 PM   #6
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,620 Times in 4,005 Posts

how did he "kick the door open" if his "legs were off"?

his story has more holes in it than the bathroom door.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:04 AM   #7
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
how did he "kick the door open" if his "legs were off"?

When confronted with this contradiction and asked how that was plausible, Pistorius said he was stumped.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Buddha Bus For This Useful Post:
Lady Steel (02-22-2013)
Old 02-20-2013, 06:32 AM   #8
The_Joker
Living Legend

Member Number: 24540
Thanked 2,023 Times in 1,065 Posts
My Mood: Devilish