Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-20-2013, 04:44 AM   #91
IowaSteeler927
Head Coach

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 1,776 Times in 835 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Re: Mike Wallace turned down $10 million a yr deal from Steelers

I hope we don't bring the cancerous Wallace back again. I'm tired of his Randy Moss-esque attitude and lack of effort. His skill set is speed and that's about it. He isn't a good enough blocker, he doesn't get open nearly enough, he's small and gets pushed around, and he has mediocre hands. I for one am tired of hm dragging ass and being a no show in big games. He can go to another team and they can deal with his crap.
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:16 AM   #92
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 18,691 Times in 7,888 Posts
My Mood: Dead

32 TDs in four seasons... which is fifth best during that time period.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:50 AM   #93
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 8,083 Times in 3,413 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
that is something we're going to need to replace if we want to be competitive. Especially if Miller isn't around at the beginning of the season. The Steelers are going to have to play it well to have a good start this season.
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:52 AM   #94
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,124 Times in 2,818 Posts

Quote:
It is a what have you done for me lately league

Positions at which the Steelers declined in 2012, according to Pro Football Focus

Mike Wallace (No. 12 2011, No. 91 2012)

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/...-2012-position

Mike Wallace

2012 Grade: -4.5
2012 Snaps: 852

Summary: The wheels fell off the gravy train for Mike Wallace over the past twelve months. Holding out for a better deal last offseason, the Steelers elected to give his money to Antonio Brown instead and let him play out the year. In the new, more conservative offense, Wallace wasnít half the threat he was in years past and his numbers took a major drop from 2010 and 2011. Wallace still has enough deep speed to scare any corner he comes up against, and may be able to run the top off a defense like no other receiver, but he has never developed the ability to run a complete route tree, and is limited by the number of routes he can effectively run.

That being said, teams value speed and game-breaking ability, and Wallace does have enough in his arsenal to be an effective weapon at all levels of the defense, even if he isnít the most complete receiver on offer. Wallace may have lost out on the huge pay day he was gunning for, but he should still receive a healthy contract from a team that hasnít been able to find that game-breaker.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ide-receivers/
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:12 AM   #95
fer522
ACERERO

Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Galaxians Champion! Apple Shooter Champion!
Member Number: 16190
Thanked 1,968 Times in 892 Posts
My Mood: Cool

Quote:
Wallace is a home run hit but also a one trick pony and the good defenses take him out easy. Highest risk and medium reward for the occasional big play but when u need a first or need that corner end zone TD catch I don't see him making the catches sorry.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:21 AM   #96
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
It is a what have you done for me lately league

Positions at which the Steelers declined in 2012, according to Pro Football Focus

Mike Wallace (No. 12 2011, No. 91 2012)

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/...-2012-position

Mike Wallace

2012 Grade: -4.5
2012 Snaps: 852

Summary: The wheels fell off the gravy train for Mike Wallace over the past twelve months. Holding out for a better deal last offseason, the Steelers elected to give his money to Antonio Brown instead and let him play out the year. In the new, more conservative offense, Wallace wasnít half the threat he was in years past and his numbers took a major drop from 2010 and 2011. Wallace still has enough deep speed to scare any corner he comes up against, and may be able to run the top off a defense like no other receiver, but he has never developed the ability to run a complete route tree, and is limited by the number of routes he can effectively run.

That being said, teams value speed and game-breaking ability, and Wallace does have enough in his arsenal to be an effective weapon at all levels of the defense, even if he isnít the most complete receiver on offer. Wallace may have lost out on the huge pay day he was gunning for, but he should still receive a healthy contract from a team that hasnít been able to find that game-breaker.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ide-receivers/
In a down year, he had 8 TDs.

Do not get me wrong: at times, I was screaming at the guy for dropping passes and/or not getting his feet in bounds... but, he still produced 8 TDs.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:28 AM   #97
fer522
ACERERO

Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Galaxians Champion! Apple Shooter Champion!
Member Number: 16190
Thanked 1,968 Times in 892 Posts
My Mood: Cool

Quote:
In a down year, he had 8 TDs.

Do not get me wrong: at times, I was screaming at the guy for dropping passes and/or not getting his feet in bounds... but, he still produced 8 TDs.
Because he is Ben's FISRT read
Old 02-20-2013, 09:48 AM   #98
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fer522 View Post
Because he is Ben's FISRT read
A lot of WRs have been the "first read", and did not produce as many TDs as Wallace did.

If not for his two drops (technically, one he did not get his feet down) in the end-zone, he would have had 10 TDs.

"One trick" or not... "complete" or not... attitude or not... he produced points.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:02 AM   #99
VaDave
Team President

Member Number: 479
Thanked 1,621 Times in 919 Posts

That he did, but not $10 million dollars worth....... I've spent the last couple of weeks looking at last season ( I'm a bonified glutton for punishment), and a lot of drives stalled because of dropped passes. Wallace seems to have had his fair share. Obviously I don't expect them to catch them all, but when they are hit right between the numbers with nobody hanging on them, they got to make the catch. My blood pressure remaining at a safe level depends on it.
VaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:13 AM   #100
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaDave View Post
That he did, but not $10 million dollars worth....... I've spent the last couple of weeks looking at last season ( I'm a bonified glutton for punishment), and a lot of drives stalled because of dropped passes. Wallace seems to have had his fair share. Obviously I don't expect them to catch them all, but when they are hit right between the numbers with nobody hanging on them, they got to make the catch. My blood pressure remaining at a safe level depends on it.
Trust me, I screamed his name and cursed his number many a drive. I remember one drive, on the sidelines, where he simply had to put both feet down... but, instead, took a HUUUGE step out of bounds, and ended the drive. WTF!?! Fitzgerald would have gotten five feet down.

Regardless, those TDs will be missed.