Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 02-18-2013, 05:33 PM   #51
JeromeBetties63
Team Captain

Member Number: 19049
Default Re: Flacco to be looking for $20M !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple View Post
He was the best in the last month. List of QBs with 11 TDs / 0 ints in a post season run:

1. Joe Montana
2. Joe Flacco

oops I ran out of QBs. The guy put together an historic run. Whether I like it or not they are backing up the Brinks truck for this guy as we speak. Will he sustain this level of dominance? Of course not, but in this league it is "what have you done for me lately".

*sigh* goodbye Boldin, Kruger, Reed, at LEAST. . .

Ya, and he went 1-4 in the five games before that. It was a great run, it all came together....but none of this is being talked about without the bonehead play by the Denver D. That's the nature of the NFL. Let's be honest, there was tons of doubt about Joe Flacco in Ravenland after that terrible finish to the regular season. And not even most of the homers were expecting the Ravens or Flacco to go on that run. Mostly there was a bunch of vitriol being spewed at the team by their own fans. Up until this run, Joe had not proved his doubters wrong. Quite frankly (and I'm not referring to Steeler fans here),, a lot of people are still gonna be doubting him.
JeromeBetties63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:40 PM   #52
BleedPurple
Starter

Member Number: 19142

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeBetties63 View Post
Ya, and he went 1-4 in the five games before that. It was a great run, it all came together....but none of this is being talked about without the bonehead play by the Denver D. That's the nature of the NFL. Let's be honest, there was tons of doubt about Joe Flacco in Ravenland after that terrible finish to the regular season. And not even most of the homers were expecting the Ravens or Flacco to go on that run. Mostly there was a bunch of vitriol being spewed at the team by their own fans. Up until this run, Joe had not proved his doubters wrong. Quite frankly (and I'm not referring to Steeler fans here),, a lot of people are still gonna be doubting him.
I am doubting that he is Joe Montana. . . that is a healthy, reasonable doubt. But for the right price, I don't have any doubts about Joe. Unfortunately, I seriously doubt that the right price will be on the table after the superbowl run.

P.S. I won't make apologies about Joe Flacco taking advantage of poor coverage by Denver. His ability to recognize and exploit poor coverage is a benefit. People call that play a hail mary, but I don't really see it that way, we still have 40 seconds on the clock and generally in a hail mary there are more bodies downfield. This was Joe throwing into double coverage and letting Jacoby make a play.
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:59 PM   #53
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 10,775 Times in 4,299 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

rumors that Flacco will be tagged at Rotoworld

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...ag-flacco?rw=1
Old 02-25-2013, 05:30 PM   #54
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,437 Times in 4,687 Posts

Patriots, Tom Brady agree to three-year, $27 million extension

Posted by Michael David Smith

Tom Brady has a new contract with the Patriots, and itís a rare instance of a high-profile playerís contract being notable for not breaking the bank.

According to Peter King of Sports Illustrated, Brady has agreed to a deal that adds three years to his commitment to the Patriots, while paying him $27 million in additional money. Heís now locked up through the 2017 season, when heíll be 40 years old.

King reports that Brady will get a $3 million signing bonus immediately and will play for base salaries of $7 million in 2015, $8 million in 2016 and $9 million in 2017.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ion-extension/

-- Want Brady money, Joey? I'm sure Ozzie would agree to this kind of deal.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (02-25-2013)
Old 02-25-2013, 08:33 PM   #55
steelax04
Head Coach
Supporter

HolmenKollen Ski Jump Champion!
Member Number: 12182
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post

Tom Brady has a new contract with the Patriots, and itís a rare instance of a high-profile playerís contract being notable for not breaking the bank.

According to Peter King of Sports Illustrated, Brady has agreed to a deal that adds three years to his commitment to the Patriots, while paying him $27 million in additional money. Heís now locked up through the 2017 season, when heíll be 40 years old.

King reports that Brady will get a $3 million signing bonus immediately and will play for base salaries of $7 million in 2015, $8 million in 2016 and $9 million in 2017.

Brady knows where his best chance at a ring is and wants to make sure there's enough money to get/keep weapons. Flacco just wants his payday.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:45 PM   #56
zcoop
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 20513

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelax04 View Post
Brady knows where his best chance at a ring is and wants to make sure there's enough money to get/keep weapons. Flacco just wants his payday.
I don't blame him. Brady has already gotten paid, this is his third time at the table. The last one was worth 72mil with 48mil guaranteed including a signing bonus. He doesn't need the money. Good old Joey hasn't gotten paid yet, I ain't mad at him trying to get paid.
zcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:06 PM   #57
Ishkabibble
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 11437

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcoop View Post
I don't blame him. Brady has already gotten paid, this is his third time at the table. The last one was worth 72mil with 48mil guaranteed including a signing bonus. He doesn't need the money. Good old Joey hasn't gotten paid yet, I ain't mad at him trying to get paid.
Can't fault Flacco at all; very different circumstances, not the least of which is Brady's 35 and Flacco's 27. Unique situation for sure; Brady's already rich and has a wife that is staggeringly wealthy. Nontheless, I don't see a lot of athletes (pretty much none) that'll step up to do this for the betterment of the team. Peyton was rich too; he got something like 5yrs./$94M.
Ishkabibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:36 PM   #58
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,397 Times in 3,686 Posts

Mike Preston of The Baltimore Sun does not want to break the bank to pay Flacco

The Ravens are being smart and very cautious in their negotiations with star quarterback Joe Flacco.

So far, they haven't caved in to the demands of Flacco's agent, Joe Linta, who says Flacco should be paid as much as Peyton Manning and Drew Brees, who are averaging more than $20 million per season....

Flacco isn't a Manning or a Brees, or a Tom Brady, either. In those particular situations, you risk losing other big-name players and pay the quarterbacks astronomical salaries because they are that good.

Flacco isn't....

I understand Linta's request. He is basically a no-name trying to make a big splash in the agent market by securing a big-money contract for Flacco....

Somehow, the Ravens have to find a way to pacify Flacco and his agent with a deal that publicly sounds as good as the ones signed by Manning and Brees but doesn't quite pay as much.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...6156810.column
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Atlanta Dan For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (02-26-2013)
Old 02-26-2013, 03:33 PM   #59
Vis
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 5,969 Times in 2,868 Posts
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post

Update - the signing bonus was 30 mil not 3 mil. It was a discount but a very slight discount.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:18 PM   #60
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcoop View Post
And we can't forget Marsha's endorsement deals either. He's not hurting for cash at all.

Hell, Michael Jordan made fat stacks mostly on endorsement deals and his NBA contract was just chump change for the tables in Vegas in comparison. I'm sure Tommy's situation is similar.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote