Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2013, 10:25 AM   #11
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend
 
El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,498
Member Number: 8264
Thanks: 420
Thanked 2,845 Times in 1,335 Posts
Default Re: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target

Like they say at Total Bastard Airlines...........Buh Bye!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_0zsRQUs3qo...600/buhbye.jpg
__________________
El-Gonzo Jackson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:28 AM   #12
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter
 
steelfury02's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,760
Member Number: 6076
Thanks: 4,937
Thanked 4,474 Times in 2,125 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target

"Mike Wallace is going somewhere else . . .WHOOP DE DOOOOOO"
__________________

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:38 PM   #13
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend
 
LVSteelersfan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 3,541
Gender: Male
Member Number: 6620
Thanks: 7
Thanked 487 Times in 341 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target

Won't miss him after his crap season last year. His attitude tells me he will be mediocre at best when he finally lands that big contract. Have to protect the body so he can keep reaping the benefits of a big contract. I don't blame him as the Steelers paid him peanuts on his first contract. But he is not worth the money he thinks he is as a team like the Dolphins will find out.
__________________

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:40 PM   #14
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend
 
El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,498
Member Number: 8264
Thanks: 420
Thanked 2,845 Times in 1,335 Posts
Default Re: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaDave View Post
Make no mistake, we are not going to be a better team when he goes. !
Exactly, it reminds me of when Yancy Thigpen left, or when Plaxico Burress left , or when Santonio Holmes was traded. Its so hard to replace WR's in the NFL.
__________________
El-Gonzo Jackson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:46 PM   #15
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter
 
Atlanta Dan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 15,262
Member Number: 728
Thanks: 2,585
Thanked 8,264 Times in 3,630 Posts
Default Re: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Exactly, it reminds me of when Yancy Thigpen left, or when Plaxico Burress left , or when Santonio Holmes was traded. Its so hard to replace WR's in the NFL.
It may have been Kordell and the post-Chan Gailey OCs more than the WRs, but after Thigpen left following the 1997 season the Steelers passing game was a mess until 2001.

Brown and Sanders as the starting WRs is not the best of all possible worlds for 2013.

Wallace costs too much to keep but he will be missed
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:12 PM   #16
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend
 
El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,498
Member Number: 8264
Thanks: 420
Thanked 2,845 Times in 1,335 Posts
Default Re: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
It may have been Kordell and the post-Chan Gailey OCs more than the WRs, but after Thigpen left following the 1997 season the Steelers passing game was a mess until 2001.

Brown and Sanders as the starting WRs is not the best of all possible worlds for 2013.

Wallace costs too much to keep but he will be missed
A good QB makes WR's better. Just look at the scrubs that Peyton manning has made look great. Brandon Stokely, Pierre Garcon, Austin Collie. WR is the most overrated position on the field.

Brown, Sanders, Cotchery, Tony Clemons and Steve Breaston will be fine.
__________________
El-Gonzo Jackson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:30 PM   #17
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 15,074
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 21,738
Thanked 23,031 Times in 9,397 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
A good QB makes WR's better. Just look at the scrubs that Peyton manning has made look great. Brandon Stokely, Pierre Garcon, Austin Collie. WR is the most overrated position on the field.

Brown, Sanders, Cotchery, Tony Clemons and Steve Breaston will be fine.
They signed Breaston???
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:33 PM   #18
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter
 
SteelersCanada's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 7,967
Member Number: 24400
Thanks: 6,153
Thanked 11,087 Times in 4,588 Posts
Default Re: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
They signed Breaston???
No, but he's a Haley guy so it wouldn't surprise me if we made some kind of (small) push to get him if he's cheap.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:44 PM   #19
TheVet
Assistant Coach
 
TheVet's Avatar
 
Space Invaders Champion! Snake Champion! Simon Champion! Speartoss 5 Shots Champion!
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,266
Member Number: 24040
Thanks: 424
Thanked 528 Times in 301 Posts
Default Re: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post
Won't miss him after his crap season last year. His attitude tells me he will be mediocre at best when he finally lands that big contract. Have to protect the body so he can keep reaping the benefits of a big contract. I don't blame him as the Steelers paid him peanuts on his first contract. But he is not worth the money he thinks he is as a team like the Dolphins will find out.
And remember, his half-season before last year was also crap. That's part of what caused a lot of the angst last summer.
__________________

The black and gold ostrich of rebuilding denial.
TheVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:46 PM   #20
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 15,074
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 21,738
Thanked 23,031 Times in 9,397 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
No, but he's a Haley guy so it wouldn't surprise me if we made some kind of (small) push to get him if he's cheap.
Makes sense. He played for Haley in Arizona and KC... knows the offense... and would be cheap.

Reminds me if the Cotchery signing: solid, but not flashy.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts