Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2013, 08:03 PM   #61
sluggermatt15
Team Captain
 
sluggermatt15's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 744
Gender: Male
Member Number: 20316
Thanks: 102
Thanked 243 Times in 161 Posts
Default Re: Pens open against Flyers in Philly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
here's a little nugget I found

Top 5 Penguins by penalty minutes

Malkin - 26
Engelland - 23
Glass - 19
Cooke - 18
Neal/Despres- 14
That's a sign that Malkin is not on his game. He takes a lot of stupid penalties when he doesn't score. Thanks for pointing this out. I believe he also logged a lot of penalty minutes when he had around 80 points a few years ago.
sluggermatt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:34 PM   #62
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie
 
SteelCityMom's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In the land of The Crazies
Posts: 7,687
Gender: Female
Member Number: 16666
Thanks: 2,756
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Re: Pens open against Flyers in Philly?

Let the Vokoun hate flow. WTF was he doing in against the Flyers anyway? Fleury has had two days off, and the next games are Florida and Carolina. Why the F would you play Vokoun against Philly?

Coaches decision to keep him in there (or play him in the first place) and Vokoun's play cost the Pens the game. Great game by most other players. Pens fought back to tie the game late and give the team a chance and Vokoun choked. Guarantee that's a win if Fleury's in net.

F them. Hope the coaches learn their lesson for next time.
__________________
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause and effect, but actually from a non-linear non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey...stuff.


http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:06 AM   #63
Fire Haley
Banned
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 10,359
Member Number: 763
Thanks: 53
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Re: Pens open against Flyers in Philly?

what the hell is it about the Flyers that makes them lose their minds?

pretty entertaining game - in a gut-wrenching loss kind of way

bah
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:55 AM   #64
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter
 
stb_steeler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pa
Posts: 3,567
Gender: Male
Member Number: 14315
Thanks: 173
Thanked 313 Times in 183 Posts
Default Re: Pens open against Flyers in Philly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
Let the Vokoun hate flow. WTF was he doing in against the Flyers anyway? Fleury has had two days off, and the next games are Florida and Carolina. Why the F would you play Vokoun against Philly?

Coaches decision to keep him in there (or play him in the first place) and Vokoun's play cost the Pens the game. Great game by most other players. Pens fought back to tie the game late and give the team a chance and Vokoun choked. Guarantee that's a win if Fleury's in net.

F them. Hope the coaches learn their lesson for next time.
I was wondering the same thing... Flower should have been saved to play this game!
Flyers have a way gettin into the Pens head and it shows.
__________________

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:14 PM   #65
sluggermatt15
Team Captain
 
sluggermatt15's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 744
Gender: Male
Member Number: 20316
Thanks: 102
Thanked 243 Times in 161 Posts
Default Re: Pens open against Flyers in Philly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stb_steeler View Post
I was wondering the same thing... Flower should have been saved to play this game!
Flyers have a way gettin into the Pens head and it shows.
I didn't watch the game, but I agree. When we play a rival, especially Philly who is in our division, it is imperative we put the best players on the ice. That includes the goalie. I'd much rather have seen Flower in net Wednesday night and Vokoun in night tonight against Florida. Poor coaching decision.

The only reason I can understand that Bylsma would play Vokoun is because he wants to give him more reps. But still, not smart against the Flyers who you know play well in CONSOL.
sluggermatt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:57 PM   #66
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter
 
stb_steeler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pa
Posts: 3,567
Gender: Male
Member Number: 14315
Thanks: 173
Thanked 313 Times in 183 Posts
Default Re: Pens open against Flyers in Philly?

Good game tonight.....Pens 3 Panthers 1
Still alot of turning the puck over but never the less a good win!
__________________

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:35 PM   #67
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter
 
stb_steeler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pa
Posts: 3,567
Gender: Male
Member Number: 14315
Thanks: 173
Thanked 313 Times in 183 Posts
Default Re: Pens open against Flyers in Philly?

Penguins forward Evgeni Malkin left in the third period of Friday’s game against the Panthers at CONSOL Energy Center after falling awkwardly into the boards and did not return.

“In terms of an injury update on Evgeni Malkin, he went into the boards hard there behind the net,” Penguins head coach Dan Bylsma said after the game. “He left on his own accord and is getting further evaluated this evening. We’ll know more (Saturday). But again, he left on his own accord and skated off.”

On the play, Malkin was skating hard to the Panthers net when he got tangled up with defenseman Erik Gudbranson and crashed hard into the boards behind the cage. Malkin stayed down on the ice for a few moments and was attended to by Penguins athletic trainer Chris Stewart. Malkin went straight to the locker room and did not return to the game.
__________________

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:49 AM   #68
Fire Haley
Banned
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 10,359
Member Number: 763
Thanks: 53
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Re: Pens open against Flyers in Philly?

you know the hocky gods would never let us keep Sid and Malkin healthy for a whole year




Looked more like a whiplash to me.

Josh Yohe ‏@JoshYohe_TribMalkin had trouble walking straight while going to the locker room. Wouldn't expect him to return tonight.

Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPGBylsma Malkin is getting "further evaluated this evening. We'll know more tomorrow."




Bennett had a good game. Now if only they'd bench Kennedy for Boychuk.

Fleury was great. Sid still passing up the golden shots for more passing.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:22 AM   #69
sluggermatt15
Team Captain
 
sluggermatt15's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 744
Gender: Male
Member Number: 20316
Thanks: 102
Thanked 243 Times in 161 Posts
Default Re: Pens open against Flyers in Philly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stb_steeler View Post
Penguins forward Evgeni Malkin left in the third period of Friday’s game against the Panthers at CONSOL Energy Center after falling awkwardly into the boards and did not return.

“In terms of an injury update on Evgeni Malkin, he went into the boards hard there behind the net,” Penguins head coach Dan Bylsma said after the game. “He left on his own accord and is getting further evaluated this evening. We’ll know more (Saturday). But again, he left on his own accord and skated off.”

On the play, Malkin was skating hard to the Panthers net when he got tangled up with defenseman Erik Gudbranson and crashed hard into the boards behind the cage. Malkin stayed down on the ice for a few moments and was attended to by Penguins athletic trainer Chris Stewart. Malkin went straight to the locker room and did not return to the game.
I read on The Pensblog that Malkin is experiencing concussion symptoms, following that hit. Judging by the look of it, I fully understand and believe that he did experience a concussion. The manner in which his head snapped backwards was gruesome. Very nasty to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stb_steeler View Post
Good game tonight.....Pens 3 Panthers 1
Still alot of turning the puck over but never the less a good win!
Penguins let the Panthers hang around in the game. We were fortunate to tie the game at 1 in the 2nd. Whew! I thought it was going to go downhill after we gave up the first goal. But great work to battle back, tie it up, and then take the lead in the 3rd.

Pens definitely got lucky with some breaks, but again, Flower made some GREAT saves. Kept the team in the game. Weathered the storm by the Panthers at times. Hard fought win against a team coming off a blowout in Philly.

Let's hope we see Fleury in net again on Sunday night against Tampa Bay. I would think Vokoun would play against Florida on Tuesday night. I wonder what Bylsma has up his sleeve.
sluggermatt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sluggermatt15 For This Useful Post:
stb_steeler (02-23-2013)
Old 02-23-2013, 10:31 AM   #70
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter
 
stb_steeler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pa
Posts: 3,567
Gender: Male
Member Number: 14315
Thanks: 173
Thanked 313 Times in 183 Posts
Default Re: Pens open against Flyers in Philly?

He did slam the wall pretty hard...Im bettin a concussion....
__________________

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts