Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-20-2013, 08:03 PM   #61
sluggermatt15
Team Captain

Member Number: 20316
Default Re: Pens open against Flyers in Philly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
here's a little nugget I found

Top 5 Penguins by penalty minutes

Malkin - 26
Engelland - 23
Glass - 19
Cooke - 18
Neal/Despres- 14
That's a sign that Malkin is not on his game. He takes a lot of stupid penalties when he doesn't score. Thanks for pointing this out. I believe he also logged a lot of penalty minutes when he had around 80 points a few years ago.
sluggermatt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:34 PM   #62
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts

Let the Vokoun hate flow. WTF was he doing in against the Flyers anyway? Fleury has had two days off, and the next games are Florida and Carolina. Why the F would you play Vokoun against Philly?

Coaches decision to keep him in there (or play him in the first place) and Vokoun's play cost the Pens the game. Great game by most other players. Pens fought back to tie the game late and give the team a chance and Vokoun choked. Guarantee that's a win if Fleury's in net.

F them. Hope the coaches learn their lesson for next time.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:06 AM   #63
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

what the hell is it about the Flyers that makes them lose their minds?

pretty entertaining game - in a gut-wrenching loss kind of way

bah
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:55 AM   #64
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
Let the Vokoun hate flow. WTF was he doing in against the Flyers anyway? Fleury has had two days off, and the next games are Florida and Carolina. Why the F would you play Vokoun against Philly?

Coaches decision to keep him in there (or play him in the first place) and Vokoun's play cost the Pens the game. Great game by most other players. Pens fought back to tie the game late and give the team a chance and Vokoun choked. Guarantee that's a win if Fleury's in net.

F them. Hope the coaches learn their lesson for next time.
I was wondering the same thing... Flower should have been saved to play this game!
Flyers have a way gettin into the Pens head and it shows.

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:14 PM   #65
sluggermatt15
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by stb_steeler View Post
I was wondering the same thing... Flower should have been saved to play this game!
Flyers have a way gettin into the Pens head and it shows.
I didn't watch the game, but I agree. When we play a rival, especially Philly who is in our division, it is imperative we put the best players on the ice. That includes the goalie. I'd much rather have seen Flower in net Wednesday night and Vokoun in night tonight against Florida. Poor coaching decision.

The only reason I can understand that Bylsma would play Vokoun is because he wants to give him more reps. But still, not smart against the Flyers who you know play well in CONSOL.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:57 PM   #66
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Good game tonight.....Pens 3 Panthers 1
Still alot of turning the puck over but never the less a good win!

Old 02-22-2013, 09:35 PM   #67
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Penguins forward Evgeni Malkin left in the third period of Friday’s game against the Panthers at CONSOL Energy Center after falling awkwardly into the boards and did not return.

“In terms of an injury update on Evgeni Malkin, he went into the boards hard there behind the net,” Penguins head coach Dan Bylsma said after the game. “He left on his own accord and is getting further evaluated this evening. We’ll know more (Saturday). But again, he left on his own accord and skated off.”

On the play, Malkin was skating hard to the Panthers net when he got tangled up with defenseman Erik Gudbranson and crashed hard into the boards behind the cage. Malkin stayed down on the ice for a few moments and was attended to by Penguins athletic trainer Chris Stewart. Malkin went straight to the locker room and did not return to the game.

Old 02-23-2013, 07:49 AM   #68
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

you know the hocky gods would never let us keep Sid and Malkin healthy for a whole year

Looked more like a whiplash to me.

Josh Yohe ‏@JoshYohe_TribMalkin had trouble walking straight while going to the locker room. Wouldn't expect him to return tonight.

Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPGBylsma Malkin is getting "further evaluated this evening. We'll know more tomorrow."

Bennett had a good game. Now if only they'd bench Kennedy for Boychuk.

Fleury was great. Sid still passing up the golden shots for more passing.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:22 AM   #69
sluggermatt15
Team Captain

Quote:
Penguins forward Evgeni Malkin left in the third period of Friday’s game against the Panthers at CONSOL Energy Center after falling awkwardly into the boards and did not return.

“In terms of an injury update on Evgeni Malkin, he went into the boards hard there behind the net,” Penguins head coach Dan Bylsma said after the game. “He left on his own accord and is getting further evaluated this evening. We’ll know more (Saturday). But again, he left on his own accord and skated off.”

On the play, Malkin was skating hard to the Panthers net when he got tangled up with defenseman Erik Gudbranson and crashed hard into the boards behind the cage. Malkin stayed down on the ice for a few moments and was attended to by Penguins athletic trainer Chris Stewart. Malkin went straight to the locker room and did not return to the game.
I read on The Pensblog that Malkin is experiencing concussion symptoms, following that hit. Judging by the look of it, I fully understand and believe that he did experience a concussion. The manner in which his head snapped backwards was gruesome. Very nasty to watch.

Quote:
Good game tonight.....Pens 3 Panthers 1
Still alot of turning the puck over but never the less a good win!
Penguins let the Panthers hang around in the game. We were fortunate to tie the game at 1 in the 2nd. Whew! I thought it was going to go downhill after we gave up the first goal. But great work to battle back, tie it up, and then take the lead in the 3rd.

Pens definitely got lucky with some breaks, but again, Flower made some GREAT saves. Kept the team in the game. Weathered the storm by the Panthers at times. Hard fought win against a team coming off a blowout in Philly.

Let's hope we see Fleury in net again on Sunday night against Tampa Bay. I would think Vokoun would play against Florida on Tuesday night. I wonder what Bylsma has up his sleeve.
The Following User Says Thank You to sluggermatt15 For This Useful Post:
stb_steeler (02-23-2013)
Old 02-23-2013, 10:31 AM   #70
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

He did slam the wall pretty hard...Im bettin a concussion....