Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 02-21-2013, 01:05 PM   #1
jacobo
Team Captain

Member Number: 24766
Default Steve Breaston

Interesting interview, and in it he says he wouldn't mind playing for Todd Haley again after being cut from the Chiefs a few days ago.

Quote:
Would you play in Pittsburgh with Todd Haley?

"I don't know what the future holds for me. I just think that I came out there and I was with coach Haley, and the situation I'm in now ... you just have sit back and look at things, see what opportunities I may have and what's going to benefit me. I want to get back to winning games. That's one of the big things, that's going to be a big part of my decision-making. Going somewhere where I can compete and have the opportunity to help the team win games. I'm going to look at the situation, see what I have in front of me. If I'm blessed to be back home and go with coach Haley and help contribute to win games then I'm fine with it. Right now I just got released the other day so I wasn't really thinking too much about this process. We'll figure it out sooner or later."
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/2...ers-todd-haley

Another article discussing it further

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...rs-depth-chart

What's everyone think? He's a decent option that should come cheap after an injury and lack of production last year, plus he's a fan of Haley and has followed him around when he went to KC, and him being from the area probably doesn't hurt either. Good route runner, willing to go over the middle, and if his knee is healed, has some pretty good speed. Shouldn't cost that much either.
jacobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:13 PM   #2
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 10,774 Times in 4,299 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Steve Breaston

if we can afford it I think it's a good deal. He's worked in Haley's system so I wouldn't think it would be a problem for him to come in. Like I've said in another thread, he had a 1000 yard season as a #3 receiver when he had Warner throwing to him. He's only 29 and as far as I've seen he's never had injury problems.

If we can afford him it should be a great fit.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:03 PM   #3
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

That would give the WR corps a descent veteran presence, with Breaston and Cotchery on the same squad.

If they pick him up, I think it also sends a message that upper management feels the WR corps needs some guidance. I agree. "Young money" and Wallace's contract holdout. I like Brown, but he contributes his own share of stupid with the sideshow stuff.

I think Brown's statements seem to suggest that Wallace is being seen by folks internal to the org as having been a large part of the problem. People with "their own agendas" sounds like Wallace to me.

Is he just the scapegoat? Maybe, but either way, that, combined with most of the language from the Rooney's thus far says there is a 0% chance Wallace is a Steeler this next season.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:14 PM   #4
steelersfan299
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24619

I only want him if we pay little to nothing for him, he wasn't that good last year and I don't see him as a starting wide receiver.
steelersfan299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:25 PM   #5
BLACK_AND_YELLOW
Team President

Member Number: 18312
Thanked 3,168 Times in 1,368 Posts
My Mood: Amused

If we are going to spend money on a cheap FA sign Chris Ivory he'd make more competition for Dywer and Redman and whoever else is at camp.
BLACK_AND_YELLOW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:34 PM   #6
ebsteelers
Living Legend

SpeedPong Champion!
Member Number: 18215
Thanked 2,435 Times in 1,406 Posts

wouldnt be a bad pick up but at the same time... if i remember correctly he is not a big posssesion wide out, which is what we need..

sanders, brown, add breston, and cotch.

who is making the big catch across the middle 4th and 6th on the goal line to win the ship?
ebsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:46 PM   #7
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,434 Times in 4,685 Posts

Breaston or Cotchery - pick one, we can't have both. I go with Cotchery because he took a pay cut to stay here and be with this team. That needs to be the attitude for this team, not whining and bitching about a contract in the offseason.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:50 PM   #8
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 10,774 Times in 4,299 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Breaston or Cotchery - pick one, we can't have both. I go with Cotchery because he took a pay cut to stay here and be with this team. That needs to be the attitude for this team, not whining and bitching about a contract in the offseason.
it might come down to that. If that's the case, I wouldn't be surprised to see Haley pull for Breaston.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:25 PM   #9
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 24,510 Times in 9,933 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebsteelers View Post
wouldnt be a bad pick up but at the same time... if i remember correctly he is not a big posssesion wide out, which is what we need..

sanders, brown, add breston, and cotch.

who is making the big catch across the middle 4th and 6th on the goal line to win the ship?
Heath Miller... and Gavin Escobar.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:30 PM   #10
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
Thanked 1,076 Times in 512 Posts
My Mood: Drunk

Considering he's from Pittsburgh, best buddies with Woodley from college, and has experience with Haley, I'd think we'd be his top option if we offered him a deal...it's just a matter of if we could actually offer him a deal.

I like Breaston and think he could be really good on our team, he hasn't been in a situation to succeed since Kurt Warner left Arizona and he looked good back in those days. If we don't resign Plaxico I'd look into Breaston.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote