Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 02-21-2013, 08:11 PM   #11
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 3,558 Times in 1,689 Posts
Default Re: Steve Breaston

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
Considering he's from Pittsburgh, best buddies with Woodley from college, and has experience with Haley, I'd think we'd be his top option if we offered him a deal...it's just a matter of if we could actually offer him a deal.

I like Breaston and think he could be really good on our team, he hasn't been in a situation to succeed since Kurt Warner left Arizona and he looked good back in those days. If we don't resign Plaxico I'd look into Breaston.
Yup, he is a #3 WR at best and a guy that is a vertical threat. Cant put up any worse numbers than Wallace last year and will not be that expensive.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:41 PM   #12
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 5,023 Times in 2,383 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Yup, he is a #3 WR at best and a guy that is a vertical threat. Cant put up any worse numbers than Wallace last year and will not be that expensive.
this
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:50 PM   #13
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 11,588 Times in 4,631 Posts
My Mood: Tired

seems Breaston wants to be somewhere he will play, looks like it's going to be a big part of which team he ends up with. If we end up with Brown, Sanders, and Breaston I can see him getting a lot of playing time.

That would leave Burress and Cotchery no room on the team. With the possibility of Miller missing a lot of action we might need another big target for Ben though.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:51 PM   #14
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Breaston has only did better than Mike Wallace's "bad year 2012" only once in in his career.

Breaston is not a number 1...Wallace was ( not elite, but still a 1 )

Sanders is the key...He needs to play better than a " 3 " wideout.....he has had some flashes of brillance, but otherwise has been a disappointment.

Brown ,Breaston and Sanders ( a productive Sanders ) would do just fine.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:03 PM   #15
Steelers5895
Starter

Member Number: 23994

he adds depth but doesnt help our WR corp.

he would be a #3 at best. v

now, he does add a return game option as he is solid there.

does make good catches, had a productive super bowl.

if cheap why not.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:53 PM   #16
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,088 Times in 4,588 Posts

its been well known that good running backs can typically come in and be productive (#1 back) starters their 1st year out of college.

it has also been well known that it typically takes wr's 3 years to "get" the position (save for the elite such as megatron and andrae johnson). see- jacoby jones, crabtree etc.

Iwould sab brown and sanders are right on schedule with their development. they each had 300+ receptions in college and caught everything thrown their way in the early years before they were thrust into starting roles.

i think they were broth pressing last year, trying to be the next "great" steelers wr (like their mentor hines ward).

lets keep in mind hines didnt break out until 2001 and wasnt considered a legitimate threat as a possible #1 wr until 2003 and the "tommy gun" offense with plaxico on the other side.

i generally think deion sanders is an idiot, but he has seen and studied every wr corps in the nfl for the past 20 years. i believe him last year when he said the "young money" trio was the most talented group in the league.

they had issues. they pressed. they fell short of expectations.

it happens. i dont think its a trend or permanent problem.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:12 PM   #17
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
its been well known that good running backs can typically come in and be productive (#1 back) starters their 1st year out of college.

it has also been well known that it typically takes wr's 3 years to "get" the position (save for the elite such as megatron and andrae johnson). see- jacoby jones, crabtree etc.

Iwould sab brown and sanders are right on schedule with their development. they each had 300+ receptions in college and caught everything thrown their way in the early years before they were thrust into starting roles.

i think they were broth pressing last year, trying to be the next "great" steelers wr (like their mentor hines ward).

lets keep in mind hines didnt break out until 2001 and wasnt considered a legitimate threat as a possible #1 wr until 2003 and the "tommy gun" offense with plaxico on the other side.

i generally think deion sanders is an idiot, but he has seen and studied every wr corps in the nfl for the past 20 years. i believe him last year when he said the "young money" trio was the most talented group in the league.

they had issues. they pressed. they fell short of expectations.

it happens. i dont think its a trend or permanent problem.
Sanders has been all " potential" 1200 yards and 5 td's in 3 years is almost Pathetic (with his talent) I really thought he would breakout last year. I was very disappointed.

If he does not come through in a big way this year we could be in trouble.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:17 PM   #18
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 11,588 Times in 4,631 Posts
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
Sanders has been all " potential" 1200 yards and 5 td's in 3 years is almost Pathetic (with his talent) I really thought he would breakout last year. I was very disappointed.

If he does not come through in a big way this year we could be in trouble.
it's looking like he might have a bigger role in the offense this year, different people would react to that...differently. Hopefully he's going to rise to the challenge.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:26 PM   #19
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,750 Times in 4,798 Posts

Very rarely does a third string WR get over 1000 yards when his Quarterback misses 3 games and the offense he plays in is considered 'dink and dunk'.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:37 PM   #20
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,088 Times in 4,588 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
everyone has the right to be disappointed. during those 3 years he was just slightly beat out by a 6th rounder for return duties. had a severley screwed up ankle. and had their mother die while screwing up their ankle once again.

everyone also has the right to think they have the mental fortitude to put a team on their back under those circumstances, as well.

in the meantime, the Houston Texans sure are wishing they had Jacoby Jones lining up opposite of Andrae Johnson going into next season.