Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 02-21-2013, 05:50 PM   #11
casteeler
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15446
My Mood: Doubtful
Default Re: Steelers echoing Jets dysfunctional ways

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackjack View Post
We do NOT own the North. As of now, the Ravens do. The Bengals are right there with us, NOT at the top. BUT, unlike the Bengals, we HAVE and KNOW how to take down the Ravens.

10-6. I will repeat it over and over. Is it enough to win the North? We'll see.
The Bengals are right there with us? How? Their Offensive line is better,better running game,far better defensive line and while Dalton isn't Ben atleast he can go a season without missing 4-5 games. The Steelers are in uncharted waters, way over cap and unsure at almost every position except QB and that doesn't include the fact that as of now the Steelers have NO backup for WHEN and not IF Ben is injured during the 2013-2014 season. The Steelers stand 3rd in the division and no one here can make a valid argument that they are superior to an improving Browns club. The past is gone and the Steelers face a scary,uncertain future. The Steelers could win the North (hopefully) or they could come in dead last. I love my Steelers but my black and gold glasses are off and I'm being realistic
casteeler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:53 PM   #12
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 21,645 Times in 8,937 Posts
My Mood: Dead

The Bengals game... a game where the offense gave the Bengals a pick-six (7 points) and another turnover set up a FG (3 points). So, Shein saw the Bengals beating the Steelers... even though the defense only gave up 3 points??? What a crock.

Big Ben was an MVP candidate. The team was rolling. Several analysts were marking Pittsburgh as their SuperBowl pick. And, then, "the injury." Shein discounts the importance of BB... which, again, is a crock. Losing Big Ben ruined the season. Period. I'm getting tired of people trying to say that other teams had injuries, too... because, losing BB is equal to losing Brees, Brady, or Manning... BB is the team (despite what Shein thinks).

The in-fighting needs to stop being aired. Anyone who knows football knows that fighting happens (albeit, not to this degree). BUT, when it does, it stays in house.
THAT, I agree with.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:56 PM   #13
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
I don't agree with you on the Haley comment. the Offense was moving along until the KC game. Afterword when the O-line and running game collapsed the offense went to a crawl. Haley didn't turn the ball over 8 times against Cleveland.
Bingo.

Haley's playcalling and scheme was one of the few bright spots in a tarnished season.
The Following User Says Thank You to Riddle_Of_Steel For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (02-21-2013)
Old 02-21-2013, 06:12 PM   #14
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 9,643 Times in 3,927 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by casteeler View Post
The Bengals are right there with us? How? Their Offensive line is better,better running game,far better defensive line and while Dalton isn't Ben atleast he can go a season without missing 4-5 games. The Steelers are in uncharted waters, way over cap and unsure at almost every position except QB and that doesn't include the fact that as of now the Steelers have NO backup for WHEN and not IF Ben is injured during the 2013-2014 season. The Steelers stand 3rd in the division and no one here can make a valid argument that they are superior to an improving Browns club. The past is gone and the Steelers face a scary,uncertain future. The Steelers could win the North (hopefully) or they could come in dead last. I love my Steelers but my black and gold glasses are off and I'm being realistic
I understand your position. The Steelers had a lot of failures this past season. But as of now they are 0-0 and are working at putting a competitive team together. I have faith that they will be competing for the division title this year and as of now I see no reason to think they will be as bad as 8-8.

The other teams in our division are definitely looking good in the trenches. All of our division games are close, hard fought games. That's not going to change this year. If we can win the turnover battle and stay healthy, I see no reason to believe that they are any better than the Steelers.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:45 PM   #15
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

First off, it's nothing like the Jets, period. We do need a damn good draft and we need at key defensive positions, and the vets mentioned are likely on the way out, but that article was an attempted "I told you so" from a guy who probably watched 3 Steelers games last year. POS media never gives us our due, but if we have one down year they are quick to jump on it. It may be a few years away, but the next SB win is going to feel damn good.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:29 PM   #16
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,145 Times in 1,987 Posts
My Mood: Fine

yea, we were all feeling pretty good at 5-3 after just putting on a nice showing and beatin the defending champs in their house and managed to get out of the KC game at 6-3, barely got beat by Bmore with Leftwich under center, and beat the Ravens in their place with Charlie Batch. I'd say there are some bright spots among all the bad things happening.

injuries happened - its one thing to lose a linemen here and a defensive player there

its another thing to lose your QB, and well - I don't need to go down the line . . .

Haley's scheme is the least of my concerns - getting leaders to step up along with Tomlin and right this ship, while many think this is an intangible thing - is probably the most important part - if we can get leaders and get guys to buy in - our guys can turn it around

Don't give up on things before the season starts. As much as I've been griping - I'd like to think that some new guys will emerge and that this 8-8 might be the wake up call they need. If it doesn't happen - then there are even bigger fish to fry . . .

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:21 PM   #17
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel View Post
Agree with everything you wrote except for this ^^^^.

I think you have a very short memory-- showing Bruce Arians the door was the best coaching move they have made in years. I am GLAD as HELL I do not have to see anymore of that 5-wide on 3rd down and 1 crappola anymore. No more refusal to use a Fullback. No more trying for the homerun when a 5 yard pickup would keep the drive going.

We were naive to think there would be no hiccups in implementing an offense that differs so drastically from the previous one, but I think Haley was the right move, BY FAR, for the future and moving forward.

With an extra year of familiarity with the system, the shedding of a contract-hungry showboat, a retooled ground game, an improved Oline, and a hungry attitude, this offense should be a machine by this next season's opener. I have no problems with Bruce Arians and am glad for his success with Indy, but no offense-- I am glad he is NOT on our sidelines anymore.
Aww. Poor baby upset that all the writers don't just cheer lead the Steelers all the time? Boo hoo.

I think a lot of the hate coming from this thread is because most of what this guy writes is true. The Steelers are way more dysfunctional than yinzer nation wants to accept.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:14 PM   #18
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Like Tomlin or not, He is not a " Big DickHead " like Rex Ryan
harrison'samonster (02-21-2013)
Old 02-21-2013, 09:18 PM   #19
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 9,643 Times in 3,927 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
Aww. Poor baby upset that all the writers don't just cheer lead the Steelers all the time? Boo hoo.

I think a lot of the hate coming from this thread is because most of what this guy writes is true. The Steelers are way more dysfunctional than yinzer nation wants to accept.
is this about Haley "handcuffing" Ben?
Old 02-21-2013, 09:33 PM   #20
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 21,645 Times in 8,937 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post

Ya, ya, ya... you don't think losing BB was a big deal. We get it. Us dumb Yinzers don't know nothin'.

Us dumb Yinzers will just keep being stupid believers that BB's injury did in fact majorly derail the season... (despite what you or Shein or whomever thinks).
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote