Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 02-21-2013, 11:43 PM   #21
TheVet
Assistant Coach

Space Invaders Champion! Snake Champion! Simon Champion! Speartoss 5 Shots Champion!
Member Number: 24040
Default Re: Steelers echoing Jets dysfunctional ways

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel View Post
Agree with everything you wrote except for this ^^^^.

I think you have a very short memory-- showing Bruce Arians the door was the best coaching move they have made in years. I am GLAD as HELL I do not have to see anymore of that 5-wide on 3rd down and 1 crappola anymore. No more refusal to use a Fullback. No more trying for the homerun when a 5 yard pickup would keep the drive going.
If in fact it was a coaching move. But the evidence seems to suggest that the move was made by ownership, pulling rank on the head coach. In other words, the Rooneys took control of a head coaching problem and fixed it. It took two seasons longer than it should have, but the Rooneys are a patient sort.

The black and gold ostrich of rebuilding denial.
TheVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:44 PM   #22
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,198 Times in 3,492 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post

I think a lot of the hate coming from this thread is because most of what this guy writes is true. The Steelers are way more dysfunctional than yinzer nation wants to accept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Ya, ya, ya... you don't think losing BB was a big deal. We get it. Us dumb Yinzers don't know nothin'.

Us dumb Yinzers will just keep being stupid believers that BB's injury did in fact majorly derail the season... (despite what you or Shein or whomever thinks).
i listen to schein's show for about 3 hours every day on sirius radio ("blitz" on ch. 88) for the past 6 years. Gofer7 obviously hasnt.

adam has been picking the steelers to go 7-9 and finish 3rd in the division for the past 4 years for all his "brilliant" observations Gofer applauds him for in the article above.

Adam has been hosting his show wearing a sling for the past 8 weeks due to a shoulder separation from patting himself on the back for FINALLY getting a prediction right.

great show. great hosts. great guests. good analysis. but adam is nothing more than a typical talking head "analyst" with a fantastic voice meant for radio/television.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:01 AM   #23
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 20,786 Times in 8,647 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post

i listen to schein's show for about 3 hours every day on sirius radio ("blitz" on ch. 88) for the past 6 years. Gofer7 obviously hasnt.

adam has been picking the steelers to go 7-9 and finish 3rd in the division for the past 4 years for all his "brilliant" observations Gofer applauds him for in the article above.

Adam has been hosting his show wearing a sling for the past 8 weeks due to a shoulder separation from patting himself on the back for FINALLY getting a prediction right.

great show. great hosts. great guests. good analysis. but adam is nothing more than a typical talking head "analyst" with a fantastic voice meant for radio/television.
So, what you're saying is that "a broken clock... "
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:29 AM   #24
Lady Steel
Queen Bee
Supporter

Member Number: 16396
Thanked 5,786 Times in 2,215 Posts
My Mood: Angelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
Like Tomlin or not, He is not a " Big DickHead " like Rex Ryan
As far as I know, Tomlin doesn't have a foot fetish either.
Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lady Steel For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (02-22-2013), teegre (02-22-2013)
Old 02-22-2013, 12:39 AM   #25
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
As far as I know, Tomlin doesn't have a foot fetish either.
True. Rex is never afraid to put a foot in his mouth.

He's also not afraid of saying something stupid.
The Following User Says Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (02-22-2013)
Old 02-22-2013, 05:32 AM   #26
jb500ex
Banned

Member Number: 24020

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
So, what you're saying is that "a broken clock... "
And he's been right two out of four years we missed the playoffs. Looking for three out of five
jb500ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:01 AM   #27
wwhickok
Starter

Member Number: 24713

I read this article when I got up this morning, I posted a thread with my thoughts on another board, here are those thoughts:

I think most of us can agree that our team severely lacks leadership. We need someone to stay up and take the bull by the horns; Adam Schein’s makes some interesting points. The article talks about the issues that have occurred not just in 2012 season but also the 2011 season. Since the 2011 season we’ve lost Ward and are about to lose Wallace, two receivers in two seasons. We led this season with all kinds of drama from Mike Wallace, who went on to have a rather disappointing season despite catching 8 TDs. Most recently we’ve heard someone call out LaMarr Woodley, Dick LeBeau suggest we could’ve won the super bowl, Antonio Brown suggest the locker room is divided, and during the season Rashard Mendenhall was suspended for ‘disrespecting the team’. On top of that our future Hall of Fame Quarterback called out the Offensive Coordinator, more than once.

Now, in this article there are some things I disagree with Schein on, such as the idea that injuries had nothing to do with where we finished this season. Such as the Bengals being a better football team than the Steelers, and the notion that we will cut ties with Heath Miller. I just don’t see that happening honestly, though I do think that we will cut Harrison and Hampton. The biggest thing I agree with is that Kevin Colbert has to stop living in the past. Ties need to be cut with some of the veterans; we shouldn’t go into rebuilding mode but we’ve got to become a younger football team and we need the veterans we do keep to step up and be leaders.

Many of these problems can be stemmed back to the lack of leadership, the loss of Farrior, Ward, Aaron Smith, etc. It won’t get any easier as Polamalu is not the man he once was, Ryan Clark is probably going to be heading into his last season with the Steelers, James Harrison likely won’t be on the roster, Woodley is seriously out of shape, Ike Taylor may have a couple seasons left, Keisel, if he remains, will likely be on his last season as a Steeler and we’re all pretty sure Hampton won’t be back.
I don’t think we’re as bad off as the article by Schein makes us sound but I’m also not going to ignore the fact that there are issues. We are a young defense and healthy, consistent offensive line away from winning our 7th Super Bowl, so I don’t believe what LeBeau said is far-fetched at all. I also don’t believe the Ravens are THAT much better than us.

I agree with some of the people who said that we cannot fix all of our issues in a single draft, that couldn’t be more true. But we have to have a solid draft this season and need to have another solid draft the next time around. Colbert, while he has done a relatively solid job with early picks, has to do better overall with ALL the picks in our draft. There are going to be misses, that’s unavoidable, especially in later rounds, but we’ve got to end up with more hits than misses, something that could be argued in the last few seasons.

Tomlin has to get control of this team, get rid of the drama, and reestablish discipline. Undisciplined teams will not win very often..just look at the New York Jets; the comparison made in the aforementioned article.

Heading forward, I am very confident about what level of success we are going to have; I’ve said that in several threads. I truly bleed black and gold and I’ll always believe that we’re headed into our best season yet even if, in the end, it doesn’t work out that way. We do have a lot of youth, if Worilds works out; we’re not as bad off at LB as we could be. If Gilbert finally comes around perhaps our Offensive Line will finally gain some consistency. There are things, such as the Strength & Conditioning Coach that I would change, but it’s not my decision. At the end of the day, it’s not hard to realize that the lack of leadership spawns chaos. We need people to step up, we’re close to breaking through to the ‘new era’ of Pittsburgh football, but we could be as close to nailing shut our own coffin.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:20 AM   #28
VaDave
Team President

Member Number: 479
Thanked 1,651 Times in 934 Posts

My goodness. We had an 8-8 season....... what an abject failure. I can see all of this angst if we were repeatedly 4-12..... just one 8-8 season has everybody from the the Owners box down to lunch bucket Charlie sitting at his computer hacking at his computer, bemoaning it.

Look, this is the best run football team in America, with a 40 year track record to prove it. Like it or not, this is a cyclical business, and fellas, we 're reloading. Nothing more, and it's going to take time. Deal with it.

As far as I can tell, unless Goodell ruins the game, or it all moves to Xbox for safety reasons, there will be professional football played 40 years from now, and If I were a betting man, over those 40 years, we'll be the one with best record.

So, please, relax, think pleasant thoughts, and stop listening to the talking heads who's job it is to p*ss you off.
VaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:31 AM   #29
wwhickok
Starter

Member Number: 24713

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaDave View Post
My goodness. We had an 8-8 season....... what an abject failure. I can see all of this angst if we were repeatedly 4-12..... just one 8-8 season has everybody from the the Owners box down to lunch bucket Charlie sitting at his computer hacking at his computer, bemoaning it.

Look, this is the best run football team in America, with a 40 year track record to prove it. Like it or not, this is a cyclical business, and fellas, we 're reloading. Nothing more, and it's going to take time. Deal with it.

As far as I can tell, unless Goodell ruins the game, or it all moves to Xbox for safety reasons, there will be professional football played 40 years from now, and If I were a betting man, over those 40 years, we'll be the one with best record.

So, please, relax, think pleasant thoughts, and stop listening to the talking heads who's job it is to p*ss you off.
While I appreciate your point and as I stated in my post there is plenty of optimism to take away from this season, you're being very naive if you don't think there are issues with this football team.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:55 AM   #30
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb500ex View Post
And he's been right two out of four years we missed the playoffs. Looking for three out of five
...and two of the last five years, the Steelers have been to the SuperBowl.