Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 06-06-2006, 08:23 PM   #21
siss
Team Captain

Member Number: 1611
Default Re: No-Huddle for Ben, next step?

He's like a puppy ready to pounce. Just from everything hes been saying he's ready and want to do it.
Someone said that Ben was like a kid thats been good all year and wants a new bike, well he got his bike and now he wants to ride it (get your mind out of the gutter) so I say let him.

He's ready, Steelers fans. His ordeal over, his return will be complete come Saturday in Arizona, when football again becomes the focus and a career briefly interrupted resumes.
~SI aticle 2006~
siss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 08:37 PM   #22
Dirt53
Water Boy

Member Number: 2377

I always felt they had the worst 2 minute offense in the NFL and were fortunate it have an effect in last years play-offs. I think occasionaly running a no huddle will only improve the team. You have to take advantage of what other teams don't do well and if that means going no huddle line up and run it.
Dirt53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:39 PM   #23
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

I guess experiment with it. Nothing wrong with that, but not sure what to expect. Was never a big fan of the no huddle. you score fast, then your defense is right back out there on the field.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 07:56 AM   #24
pucho58
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1737

If it's not broke don't fix it, like the old saying goes. Don't get me wrong, I do not mind Ben throwing the ball I just don't want an offense that looks like the Colts or the Bungles. The running game is our bread and butter so we need to stick with it untill teams are able to stop it.
pucho58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 08:00 AM   #25
Ohio Steeler
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2142

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucho58
If it's not broke don't fix it, like the old saying goes. Don't get me wrong, I do not mind Ben throwing the ball I just don't want an offense that looks like the Colts or the Bungles. The running game is our bread and butter so we need to stick with it untill teams are able to stop it.

I agree I am kind of worried that if they change things up it is going to hurt us down the road
Old 06-07-2006, 11:21 PM   #26
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

Bring it on! Ben's going to be on fire this year. Let him play and have fun with it when needed.
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 11:45 PM   #27
WWIIOwheelz
Team Captain

Member Number: 1323

We didn't crush the Dolts & Broncos with the running game, that's for certain. Ben brings new things to the table, and he's obviously intrigued with calling plays on the fly. His appreciaton for it and respect for the coach's decision to implement it will make it a huge weapon, I'm thinking. It'll probably happen out of the blue, after a methodical drive to the opponent's 40 - 30, then he'll go no-huddle. :D That's what I envision, anyway.

I think we'll see it this season.
WWIIOwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 12:00 AM   #28
Steelersfan

Member Number:

While I'd love to see us lighting up the score board I don't think our D could handle the added pressure of being on the field more. That is not what it is built for. Our D needs to pressure the QB to dominate and we don't have "pure" pass rushers to do that. Sure our D is very good. But that's a product of the system as much as personel.
With that said, I would like to see the no huddle used in certain situations. Like when our offense seems to be struggling, end of half or game and also just out of the blue from time to time to keep the other team guessing.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:33 AM   #29
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,247 Times in 627 Posts

Next step for Big Ben is to go back to 97 and 98 and watch his idol John Elway dictate games even with a great running game. Duplicate that and the Steelers will lose 2 games MAYBE 3 this year. I remember JOhn Elway at that time going play action and always finding a wide open reciever. Thats what he needs to do and thats what I think will happen this year if Parker can go up a level..
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote