Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2013 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 02-20-2013, 12:25 PM   #1
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 19,062 Times in 8,049 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Steals aplenty

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/01...t-senior-bowl/

I'd take this in a heartbeat. Good players... and steals.

R1: Vaccaro (second only to Elam in my mind). Cha-ching!!!

R2: Patton is a good player that others have discussed.

R3: Lemonier is a possible late-R1 pick. I love getting him here.

R4: Bell is a bruiser, who like Patton, is a player many have discussed.

R5: Escobar seals the deal. He is not only a R2/early R3 pick who drops in this mock, but a player who I really like (and have mentioned in several threads). He IS Aaron Hernandez.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:53 AM   #2
Steel Glory
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15586
Default Re: Steals aplenty

Patton is probably one of the best route runners and is probably the hardest working wide receiver in this draft. He is one of the most willing blockers too.

Johnathan Banks, who played in the SEC with mississippi state said the hardest to cover and most complete wide receiver he has faced is Quinton Patton
http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/i...johnthan-banks
Steel Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:33 PM   #3
WokeUpWithaWoodley
Team Captain

Member Number: 24000

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/01...t-senior-bowl/

I'd take this in a heartbeat. Good players... and steals.

R1: Vaccaro (second only to Elam in my mind). Cha-ching!!!

R2: Patton is a good player that others have discussed.

R3: Lemonier is a possible late-R1 pick. I love getting him here.

R4: Bell is a bruiser, who like Patton, is a player many have discussed.

R5: Escobar seals the deal. He is not only a R2/early R3 pick who drops in this mock, but a player who I really like (and have mentioned in several threads). He IS Aaron Hernandez.
Would be nice, but it's very wish full thinking.

The guy I like and love is bell. His 40 time will be key and I'm glad he came in weighing 230 at the combine most had him at 245 this past season so I'm very intrigued in what his 40 time will be.
WokeUpWithaWoodley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:31 PM   #4
pczach
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24694
Thanked 7,675 Times in 3,124 Posts
My Mood: Amused

Bell just ran a 4.52. We have to see if it is official, but that's quicker than I expected. This guy is a real stud that runs with big time power, but is also elusive. If that time is close to his official, that dude is a monster in waiting.
pczach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:50 PM   #5
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,533 Times in 4,082 Posts

My new favorite player in this draft is Rodney Smith.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:10 PM   #6
pczach
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24694
Thanked 7,675 Times in 3,124 Posts
My Mood: Amused

I can see how easy it is to fall in love with guys at the combine based on the measurables. It's very impressive what some of these guys can do. I try to focus on the guys that always jumped off the screen when watching them play the games, then see how they stack up with times, jumps, strength, etc....But to me, doing it in pads is what really tells you what a kid can do. I use the measurables to confirm what my eyes have already told me. I know that it matters how fast someone is in shorts, but it matters most how fast they play in pads. This drafting thing is harder than it sounds and looks!

Smith looks good. I love watching the Wr that catch the ball with their hands. They look so natural catching the ball. Ball skills, adjusting to the ball in the air, hands, and route running. These things are the most important to me. If they can also run fast, you may have a winner. Even with all that said, the heart that a WR plays with, the confidence, and the want is something that really seperates the great from the good.
pczach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:04 PM   #7
tburhans
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18473

Knile davis just had a great combine. Ran a 4.3 40 as at 220 pound running back and did I think 36 reps on the bench. He was originally a late round guy but probably jumped up after his performance today but could still be a steal in the third round
tburhans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:05 PM   #8
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 8,208 Times in 3,462 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by tburhans View Post
Knile davis just had a great combine. Ran a 4.3 40 as at 220 pound running back and did I think 36 reps on the bench. He was originally a late round guy but probably jumped up after his performance today but could still be a steal in the third round
4.3 40 and 36 reps! WOW he just earned himself a lot of donuts.
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:08 AM   #9
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tburhans View Post
Argh!!! He was my sleeper RB. He was a stud... before his injury. I was hoping that he'd be there in R4 or R5.. now, with a combine like that, he'll go R2.

The silver lining: if he goes in r2, then maybe someone else drops lower... like Lattimore.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:13 AM   #10
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WokeUpWithaWoodley View Post
Would be nice, but it's very wish full thinking.

The guy I like and love is bell. His 40 time will be key and I'm glad he came in weighing 230 at the combine most had him at 245 this past season so I'm very intrigued in what his 40 time will be.
Vacccaro at 17 is not very far off. Safeties always drop. I know that Mark Barron went high, but I see too many OLBs, DTs, and OL that will go top ten for Vaccaro to be in that grouping... and then, aside from the Rams, those other teams before the Steelers have more "important" needs (e.g. the Chargers need three OL and an ILB).

Patton in R2 is not far off, either... especially considering that the WRs today looked great. Many of them raised their stocks to "R2" players. Swope was a R3 pick... who could now go in the 40s.

Lemonier has dropped off the map... which is good news for the Steelers.

Escobar had a poor combine... but, agreed: not poor enough for him to drop all the way down to R5. R4... maybe. I still think that he goes R3.