Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-22-2013, 02:34 PM   #11
pczach
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24694
Thanked 8,982 Times in 3,516 Posts
My Mood: Amused
Default Re: Marcus Lattimore way ahead of schedule in bid to play this year

I love this kid. Everything I've ever heard about him or heard him say himself has been first class all the way. I want to see him get his chance, but 2nd round is too high with his injury history. I've said this a few time on the board already, but would love to see the Steelers get Lattimore and Michael Mauti from Penn State. These guys can play when healthy and are absolute leaders and character guys. Something this team can use right now. Best of luck to both these kids. They'd look great in Black n' Gold.
pczach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:54 PM   #12
boomboomboom
Water Boy

Member Number: 2642

I would be concerned about two draft picks with late knee injuries. I like both players too, but it seems to me that taking these players early would be too much risk... 4th and 6th round maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pczach View Post
I love this kid. Everything I've ever heard about him or heard him say himself has been first class all the way. I want to see him get his chance, but 2nd round is too high with his injury history. I've said this a few time on the board already, but would love to see the Steelers get Lattimore and Michael Mauti from Penn State. These guys can play when healthy and are absolute leaders and character guys. Something this team can use right now. Best of luck to both these kids. They'd look great in Black n' Gold.
boomboomboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:56 PM   #13
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
Thanked 1,035 Times in 494 Posts
My Mood: Drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomboom View Post
I would be concerned about two draft picks with late knee injuries. I like both players too, but it seems to me that taking these players early would be too much risk... 4th and 6th round maybe.
Mauti will go late but it sounds more and more like Lattimore will require a 3rd or maybe even a second...I think it might be worth the gamble though.
PhantomJB93 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PhantomJB93 For This Useful Post:
boomboomboom (02-22-2013)
Old 02-22-2013, 10:09 PM   #14
ebsteelers
Living Legend

SpeedPong Champion!
Member Number: 18215
Thanked 2,367 Times in 1,371 Posts

maybe its the adult beverages in me... but i would be more than happy if we take lattimore in round 3. watching him speak and seeing what he did at south carolina, i know he is a 1st round talent...

if the steelers can get him in round 3 he would be a major addition to our backfield, the beautiful thing would be that he doesnt need to come in and start from day 1.

God Bless that kid, he has major character to work through 2 knee injuries..
ebsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:28 PM   #15
StevieRayVol
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24064

I have kept up with Lattimore since he was in high school...He was a stud duck running back and was a back that had power and speed..."A WORKHORSE BACK"...Then he suffered a knee injury on one knee...and came back..Then last year's knee injury against Tennessee was one of the "WORST KNEE INJURIES" I have ever seen..

If he comes back, I'm pulling for him...But no way should we take a 2nd round pick on him.. 3rd..maybe..He'll be a good back but a kid with two major surgeries on BOTH KNEES in two years...That's pretty tough..
Old 02-23-2013, 08:56 PM   #16
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 12,575 Times in 5,190 Posts
My Mood: Amazed

Marcus Lattimore hopeful injuries won't jeopardize NFL career

NFL.com
Feb. 23, 2013

His last two college seasons were wiped out by devastating knee injuries, but South Carolina running back Marcus Lattimore maintained an optimistic tone about his future while speaking to reporters at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis on Friday.

"It's a blessing to be here," Lattimore said. "I just think about guys who are less fortunate than me, guys who would kill to be in my shoes right now, even with the injury. That's what keeps me going, that's what keeps me motivated."

Dr. James Andrews, Lattimore's orthopedic surgeon, says the running back is making progress in his recovery, but stressed that Lattimore has a lot of work ahead of him.

"He's motivated, working every day, he's way ahead of the game," Andrews told NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, "but it remains to be seen whether he can play next year or not.

"The nature of his injury is the most severe knee injury you can really get. It's going to take a special effort (from him to recover)."

Lattimore is considered one of the biggest question marks of the 2013 NFL Draft. He tore his anterior cruciate ligament during his sophomore year at South Carolina before tearing three ligaments in his right knee last year. As a result, his draft-day stock has taken a significant hit.

Still, Lattimore isn't thinking about where he might play in 2013.

"At this point, it really doesn't matter where I get drafted because I'm going to work hard and do what I've been doing my whole career," he said. "And if I get a chance to play this year, I'm going to make the most out of it, and I feel I will."

Lattimore expressed hope that his two knee injuries will not compromise a future NFL career. After seeing the MVP-caliber season Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson pieced together in 2012 coming off of ACL surgery, Lattimore is confident he can play in the NFL.

"There will never be another Adrian Peterson," Lattimore said, "but that definitely gives me a lot of motivation knowing he came back from it, the way he did, he came back better. And that's what I plan on doing -- just coming back better. Seeing him do what he did this year, I think about that all of the time."

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/0ap...ize-nfl-career
Hawaii 5-0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:25 PM   #17
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 12,575 Times in 5,190 Posts
My Mood: Amazed

2013 April Fools NFL Mock Draft: Picks 17-32

Last update: Sunday, April 1, 2013. Major changes in all 1 rounds.

1(17). Pittsburgh Steelers: Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina

Many projected that Marcus Lattimore would go higher than expected, but no one thought he'd be chosen in the middle of the first round. Head coach Mike Tomlin acknowledged the severity of Lattimore's knee injury, but said that his new runner would take the field in September.

"I'm fully aware that Marcus had a knee, but I look at that as a positive rather than a negative," said Tomlin with a crazy look in his eye. "Having Lattimore hop around on one leg will give us an advantage over other teams."

How so? Tomlin explained.

"This new helmet rule - a team that can have its running backs use their helmet will have a distinct advantage," Tomlin continued. "Without the use of one leg, Lattimore won't have a choice but to use his helmet, and I'm sure Roger Goodell and the officials will understand if Marcus has to use his helmet to compensate."

Goodell was not available for comment about this, as he was hiding under his desk in fear of Jaqen H'ghar.

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2013aprilfools_1.php
Hawaii 5-0 is online now   Reply With Quote