Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2013 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 02-10-2013, 03:13 PM   #21
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,974 Times in 4,244 Posts
Default Re: My First 'Official' Mock of 2013

Gilbert - Warmack - Pouncey - DeCastro - Adams

Ya know, I think I'd take that line. With how athletic and strong DD and Warmack are, they'd fit perfectly into the ZBS that Bicknell is going to (in all likelihood) implement. People want Ben to have the same amount of time that a Manning or Brady have? Warmack is the final piece for that line to truly go from the weakest point of the team to the strongest in two drafts.

Now, realistically, Warmack is gone at 10 to the Titans but hey, we can dream!
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:43 AM   #22
ebsteelers
Living Legend

SpeedPong Champion! X-Training Champion!
Member Number: 18215
Thanked 2,233 Times in 1,306 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Can mocks be official? Seems kind of silly. Anyway, here's my first 'official' mock of 2013.

R1. Dion Jordan - DE / converted to OLB - Oregon

This pick hasn't and won't change for me. I wrote an article about why I think he's an elite prospect and talent which is still sitting at 0 replies, so I guess that isn't the popular choice on these forums so because of that, I won't go into why I like him or why I think he'll be our first. Right now, he's the only guy I would take over Vaccaro because of the need we have at OLB and the lack of depth in this draft for legitimate pass-rushers.

R2. David Amerson - CB / converted to FS - North Carolina State

He's a ballhawk. 12 interceptions in 2011 and 16 pass defensed. This is the kind of guy we're missing in the backfield right now. We have Ryan Clark who is a very good Run Support FS, but he can't pick off passes consistently and is better when he's playing in the box. He's also up there in age as well. On the other side, we have Troy who hasn't been the same for years. He's obviously lost a step and can no longer create turnovers at the pace we need him to. Amerson is the kind of guy that can step in and create turnovers when he eventually takes over the reigns for Clark. He wouldn't start next year, but he would make an instantaneous impact on ST and has the potential to play specific packages for us.

R3. Jonathan Cyprien - SS - Florida International

Talk about a 1 / 2 punch with Cyprien and Amerson in 2014. Cyprien hits hard and plays harder. A guy that was turning heads all week at the Senior Bowl shot his draft stock up from a potentially undrafted to a third round draft choice - not bad for a weeks work. He's not only a big hitter, he's also great in coverage. He plays like a Polamalu in the fact that he can play in the box but also has the ability to blanket receivers and often times plays his best when he's able to play on the line of scrimmage and jam receivers when he's asked. He didn't get to showcase his ability to blitz or disrupt so that's the only question mark here for him. A great pickup for us.

R4. Marcus Lattimore - RB - South Carolina

Here he is. Look, this is probably the safest pick in the entire draft for us. A fourth round pick spent on a guy that has the potential to be our franchise Running Back for years. Everyone knows about his potential and the upside he brings so I won't ramble. I do think he's going to be ready for the NFL come September and I do think he's going to be our starting Running Back. Here's a picture for you guys - Marcus Lattimore running behind Pouncey and DeCastro. Yeah, I'll take it.

R5. Nico Johnson - LB - Alabama

I've been catching a lot of heat for knocking Spence and questioning his ability and whether or not he's going to be our guy. Now, I'm not going to open that can of worms, but I think Johnson is the better overall prospect and a better fit for us. He isn't great in coverage and this is something I'll concede, but most 'experts' had him as a sure-fire first rounder going into the 2012 season. He was overshadowed on a defense that has elite playmakers at every single position on the field and now that will ultimately benefit us. He's excellent against the run and can stuff plays at the line of scrimmage. He's a bigger, faster and stronger Larry Foote with better coverage ability. While he isn't great in coverage, he's good enough to free up Timmons and allow him to blitz and disrupt the line consistently which would ultimately help Jordan and Woodley get pressure.

R6. Michael Williams - TE - Alabama

This is another guy that turned heads at the Senior Bowl, but didn't do enough to launch his stock considerably. This is a project pick, but a great one. If he's able to work and learn under Miller, this guy is the next Heath Miller. He's fast and agile enough to get separation but big enough with sure-hands to be a legitimate redzone target. This could potentially be the best pick of the 2013 draft and not just for us - but period.

R7. Marquess Wilson - WR - Washington State

Another project pick. The guy can just catch passes. He possesses deceptive speed and is lean and athletic enough to get separation. The only knock on this guy is his size. He's listed as 6'3 188 lbs., but looks closer to 175 in reality. He needs to bulk up and continue to put size on but if he's able to accomplish this, I think he's going to be a very good pick for us. This guy has the potential to be the next Antonio Brown type player for this team.
not gonna lie, if we got this draft i'd get a bit of a chubby..

add it to last year, and getting spence, adams, decastro healthy for a full year.

19-0.. here we fRIGGIN GO
ebsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:52 AM   #23
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
@injuryexpert: Jarvis jones medicals did not go well. Red flags from more than one team.
I mean this in the best possible way - I hope more of his medicals don't go well and he falls right to 17.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #24
kan_t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 21653

Quote:
I mean this in the best possible way - I hope more of his medicals don't go well and he falls right to 17.
I'm praying for that.
kan_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:57 PM   #25
StevieRayVol
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24064

I wouldn't want Amerson....Patterson and Zach Rogers abused like a rented mule in the season opener..
Old 02-23-2013, 06:36 PM   #26
BLACK_AND_YELLOW
Head Coach

Member Number: 18312
Thanked 2,363 Times in 1,098 Posts
My Mood: Tired

I have a feeling that we're going to draft Jonathan Cooper from North Carolina but if we do I better not hear us drafting an OL in the 1st round for a decade and if we do im going to do this

Last edited by BLACK_AND_YELLOW; 02-24-2013 at 06:09 AM.
BLACK_AND_YELLOW is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BLACK_AND_YELLOW For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (02-23-2013)
Old 02-24-2013, 08:50 AM   #27
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

So, Tavon Austin and Marquise Goodwin both just ran a 4.25. If we're going for speed, Goodwin makes a lot of sense. I'd say Austin, but that time might have just solidified his first round status.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:44 AM   #28
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Ok, so, I know who's on my latest mock: Rodney Smith - WR - FSU. He's 6'5 225 and ran a 4.44. Brown - Sanders - Smith? I'd take that.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:15 AM   #29
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 20,493 Times in 8,549 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
So, Tavon Austin and Marquise Goodwin both just ran a 4.25. If we're going for speed, Goodwin makes a lot of sense. I'd say Austin, but that time might have just solidified his first round status.
Yep... 4.34 speed... with moves like Barry Sanders.

Tavon will be a Taperiot. Ugh... kill me.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:38 AM   #30
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,119 Times in 1,051 Posts

Ryan Swope may have put himself firmly into the 2nd round with his 4.34. I was hoping he could be a kind of Jordy Nelson type guy we could get in the 3rd, but not sure that can happen. Still thinking the best pass rushing OLB in round 1 and then the best safety on the board in round 2.