Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 02-23-2013, 11:53 AM   #1
Steel95
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 20292
Default Potential Wide Receiver in Round #2

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/02...s-nfl-combine/

Robert Woods, WR, USC: I watched this guy last year, this kid is fast. Now, he isn't as fast as Wallace, but again not too many are. But this kid runs great routes, the deep route as well as the slant. And he has great hands, not afraid to take a hit, and has great yards after the catch. If he is there in the 2nd, the Steelers better take him. He will not make it out of the 2nd round.

Southern Cal wide receiver Robert Woods is a speedy, explosive athlete that can separate from defenders and make big plays downfield.
Woods' best attribute is his playmaking ability. He has very good speed and can get behind defenders. Despite his average height, he is very quick in tight spaces and can turn a short pass into a long gain with his sudden change of direction skills. When route running, he blows past corners off the line and is average with getting in and out of his breaks. Quick feet and has that "next gear" when given a straight line. Still has room to improve as a route runner.

Catches the ball well away from his body in most cases, but does battle with drops from time to time. Due to his lack of size, Woods usually relies on trying to get to the ball using quickness rather than strength. He can track a deep pass and flashes elite jumping ability.

Not very good in run support and shows a better willingness to block. Shows more attitude with the ball in his hands, so there is tenacity in him to learn how to take on defenders in sealing the edge.

Woods is a first round prospect and could compete with others to be the first receiver off the board in the 2013 NFL Draft.
Steel95 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steel95 For This Useful Post:
DevinX43 (02-23-2013), harrison'samonster (02-23-2013)
Old 02-23-2013, 12:30 PM   #2
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 9,020 Times in 3,728 Posts
My Mood: Mellow
Default Re: Potential Wide Receiver in Round #2

looks like a player we could use. I think he's projected to go in the 2nd or 3rd?
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:32 PM   #3
BLACK_AND_YELLOW
Head Coach

Member Number: 18312
Thanked 2,405 Times in 1,111 Posts
My Mood: Tired

I wanted Hopkins in round 2 but now there saying he is only 5'11(thought he was 6'1) no need for another short receiver I would really like us to get Justin Hunter he'll give Ben a big target that he never had.
BLACK_AND_YELLOW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:34 PM   #4
WokeUpWithaWoodley
Team Captain

Member Number: 24000

Lets try and keep these topics in the war room.

But yes would be a good fit have him mocked in my mock draft.
WokeUpWithaWoodley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:12 PM   #5
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 20,786 Times in 8,647 Posts
My Mood: Dead

I like him.

I like DeAndre Hopkins better, and Tavon Austin bestest. But, if those two are both gone in R2, then Woods is a very nice option.

That said, I think that a very good WR can be had in R3 or R4: Ryan Swope, Aaron Dobson, Cobi Hamilton (to name a few).
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:43 PM   #6
pczach
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24694
Thanked 8,120 Times in 3,258 Posts
My Mood: Amazed

I don't know. This kid has "big money playa" written all over him. Every time I've seen him play he's talking it up or taunting someone, Tons of attitude on nearly every play, and that's in college. I worry about this kid when he's given a little more freedom to "express himself". Did any of you notice this with this kid, or do I just catch him in bad moments?
pczach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:49 PM   #7
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 9,020 Times in 3,728 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by pczach View Post
I don't know. This kid has "big money playa" written all over him. Every time I've seen him play he's talking it up or taunting someone, Tons of attitude on nearly every play, and that's in college. I worry about this kid when he's given a little more freedom to "express himself". Did any of you notice this with this kid, or do I just catch him in bad moments?
I don't follow college games, so I can't answer your question. However, I would expect more of this type of attitude from people who have grown up watching TO and Ocho-sinko. It's just becoming part of the game.
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:38 PM   #8
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Drunk

IDK about Woods's attitude and I didn't watch USC much this year outside of their game with ND. What I do know is that Woods was considered the top WR and a top 5 pick before the season started. Whether his fall is more his own fault or because of Barkley's disappointing play, I do not know, but based on his electrifying 2011 he's probably worth taking in the second as far as his on-field play is concerned.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:09 PM   #9
bubbletownwr88
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17882

He was considered the top WR until Marquis Lee came onto the seen and took away a lot of Woods touches. However you'd think if they were throwing a lot to Lee teams would start to shift their coverages over his way which would leave Woods open more often but that didn't seem to happen. Another problem it seems is that once the ball stopped coming his way he started to give up on the team and complaining to the coaching staff for not getting the ball.
bubbletownwr88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:03 PM   #10
fer522
ACERERO

Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Galaxians Champion! Apple Shooter Champion!
Member Number: 16190
Thanked 2,059 Times in 931 Posts
My Mood: Cool

I'd wait and take Cobi Hamilton in R3/4 he's a good receiver and he's not afraid of contact