Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-23-2013, 08:59 PM   #11
casteeler
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15446
My Mood: Sleepy
Default Re: Is Heath Miller Worth 8 Million / Year Now?

Heath is worth whatever amount he asks for
casteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:01 AM   #12
Lady Steel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 16396
Thanked 5,267 Times in 2,040 Posts
My Mood: Angelic

Is this a rhetorical question? Of course he is. This is Heeeeath we're talking about.
Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:37 AM   #13
WVABE
Team Captain

3D Field Goal - Pro Champion! 3D Field Goal - All Pro Champion!
Member Number: 24111

The hair on my back stands up when were on an opponents field and the announcers say, "are we at Heinz Field", HEEEEEEEEATH just rocked this stadium.

Give the man 10 mil a year, he's worth the money.
WVABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:12 AM   #14
JackH
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24722

Next to Ben, Heath Miller was our best offensive weapon. We have to pay him this season and hope he returns to last season’s form, and sooner rather than later.

But what if he doesn’t? What if he isn’t ready to go until the 5th week of the season, which would probably be realistic, or week 8? Our backups are mediocre. I can’t see the Steelers going after a free agent like Bennett or Walker. I’ll be surprised if the Steelers pick up any free agents who are not dirt cheap.

The Steelers need to draft a tight end, and not in the 6th or 7th round. Even if Heath comes back quicker than expected, another quality tight end could be utilized in two tight end sets. Another big target in the red zone. If Ben has to play dink and dunk, give him another guy to do it with.

Here’s what I think we are looking at with respect to the draft and tight ends. We could perhaps get Tyler Eifert in the 1st round, Zack Ertz in the 2nd round, Vance McDonald in the 3rd round, or Gavin Escobar in the 4th round.

I watched the tight end 40-yard dashes yesterday. Escobar’s stock fell because of his overall performance yesterday. Funny thing. Escobar had a false start on his 40 and walked off the track and back to the starting point. Who do you suppose ran up and starting talking to him? Yep, Todd Haley in a Steelers sweatshirt. Escobar ran a 4.84, Eifert a 4.68, Ertz a 4.76, and McDonald a 4.69.
JackH is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JackH For This Useful Post:
teegre (02-24-2013)
Old 02-24-2013, 08:19 AM   #15
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 8,080 Times in 3,411 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackH View Post
Next to Ben, Heath Miller was our best offensive weapon. We have to pay him this season and hope he returns to last seasonís form, and sooner rather than later.

But what if he doesnít? What if he isnít ready to go until the 5th week of the season, which would probably be realistic, or week 8? Our backups are mediocre. I canít see the Steelers going after a free agent like Bennett or Walker. Iíll be surprised if the Steelers pick up any free agents who are not dirt cheap.

The Steelers need to draft a tight end, and not in the 6th or 7th round. Even if Heath comes back quicker than expected, another quality tight end could be utilized in two tight end sets. Another big target in the red zone. If Ben has to play dink and dunk, give him another guy to do it with.

Hereís what I think we are looking at with respect to the draft and tight ends. We could perhaps get Tyler Eifert in the 1st round, Zack Ertz in the 2nd round, Vance McDonald in the 3rd round, or Gavin Escobar in the 4th round.

I watched the tight end 40-yard dashes yesterday. Escobarís stock fell because of his overall performance yesterday. Funny thing. Escobar had a false start on his 40 and walked off the track and back to the starting point. Who do you suppose ran up and starting talking to him? Yep, Todd Haley in a Steelers sweatshirt. Escobar ran a 4.84, Eifert a 4.68, Ertz a 4.76, and McDonald a 4.69.
interesting. We are definitely going to need to do something to help in the short term, I agree, even if we see him playing this year I think it won't be until at least half way through the season.
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:31 AM   #16
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 18,637 Times in 7,861 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Gavin Escobar in the 4th round.

I watched the tight end 40-yard dashes yesterday. Escobarís stock fell because of his overall performance yesterday. Funny thing. Escobar had a false start on his 40 and walked off the track and back to the starting point. Who do you suppose ran up and starting talking to him? Yep, Todd Haley in a Steelers sweatshirt. Escobar ran a 4.84, Eifert a 4.68, Ertz a 4.76, and McDonald a 4.69.
Escobar has been a player that I've liked & followed, but I was sure that he'd go R2 (or early R3)... and I feel that the Steelers should & would go OLB & S inn those rounds.

Him having a bad combine in good news (I do not care about the combine; the kid can play). Todd Haley talking to him is even better news.

I've said it several times, but it bears iteration: he is Aaron Hernandez. And, if you ask most defenders, Aaron is actually the more difficult TE to defend (not Gronk), despite what the stats say.

R4... YES!!!
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:11 AM   #17
sluggermatt15
Team Captain

Member Number: 20316

Let's remember that Heath is a GREAT blocking tight end too. He not only catches passes but he is very good for the run game. I wouldn't say he is as good at blocking as an o-lineman because that's not his trade, but he is capable of taking on d-linemen and linebackers. Couple this with his pass catching ability and I think you have to pay the man.

If we aren't going to pay him... who will Ben throw the ball to? There is a good chance Wallace will leave, Burress is a question mark, and what do we make of Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders? There isn't anyone really left with certainty if we let Heath go!!
sluggermatt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:25 AM   #18
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15679

Heath worth whatever he asks for? 10 million a year or more?

Eh, he's a top tier TE, but how much are the likes of Gronkowski making?
mikegrimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:58 AM   #19
JackH
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24722

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Escobar has been a player that I've liked & followed, but I was sure that he'd go R2 (or early R3)... and I feel that the Steelers should & would go OLB & S inn those rounds.

Him having a bad combine in good news (I do not care about the combine; the kid can play). Todd Haley talking to him is even better news.

I've said it several times, but it bears iteration: he is Aaron Hernandez. And, if you ask most defenders, Aaron is actually the more difficult TE to defend (not Gronk), despite what the stats say.

R4... YES!!!
Correction on what I said about Todd Haley. It wasn't him talking to Escobar yesterday, it was this Steelers college scout who is the starter for the 40-yard dash. He looks like Haley, at least he did last night when I was drinking Guinness.

That other guy you like Tavon Austin ran a 4.25 in the 40 today, next fastest ever to Chris Johnson's 4.24.

We need some playmakers in the draft more than anything. I'd be real happy if the Steelers took a WR, TE, and RB with 3 of the 4 top picks. I like the same guys you like. Austin and Escobar, despite his lackluster performance yesterday) and Lattimore works for me, along with a few other similar combinations.
JackH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:10 AM   #20
pczach
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24694
Thanked 7,549 Times in 3,079 Posts
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Correction on what I said about Todd Haley. It wasn't him talking to Escobar yesterday, it was this Steelers college scout who is the starter for the 40-yard dash. He looks like Haley, at least he did last night when I was drinking Guinness.

That other guy you like Tavon Austin ran a 4.25 in the 40 today, next fastest ever to Chris Johnson's 4.24.

We need some playmakers in the draft more than anything. I'd be real happy if the Steelers took a WR, TE, and RB with 3 of the 4 top picks. I like the same guys you like. Austin and Escobar, despite his lackluster performance yesterday) and Lattimore works for me, along with a few other similar combinations.
That Guiness will get you every time!
pczach is offline   Reply With Quote