Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2013 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-27-2013, 04:15 PM   #1
StevieRayVol
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24064
Default Here's the guy to sit behind Ben...

Has all the tools...Just needs to sit and learn and not be thrown in right off the bat: He's got this size and the arm:
Old 02-27-2013, 05:34 PM   #2
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,138 Times in 3,917 Posts
Default Re: Here's the guy to sit behind Ben...

By all accounts, he's an immature little shithead. I don't want that kind of guy leading this team. Oh, and the fact that he's going to cost a second round pick. I don't want to spend a second round pick on a Quarterback in this draft.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:50 PM   #3
StevieRayVol
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
By all accounts, he's an immature little shithead. I don't want that kind of guy leading this team. Oh, and the fact that he's going to cost a second round pick. I don't want to spend a second round pick on a Quarterback in this draft.

Kind of sounds like the guy who wears #7... He's got the MOST NATURAL TALENT of any quarterback who's been at UT since Manning...He needs to be around a few veterans and grow up some...If we could get in the third round, he would be worth it...
Old 02-27-2013, 06:55 PM   #4
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 7,966 Times in 3,375 Posts

might not be a bad choice. I personally think we have to many needs in this draft to take a QB, but we'll see what the Steelers think.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:35 PM   #5
StevieRayVol
Draft Prospect

He threw for 34 Tds and 3,612 yards this season...We had a HORRIBLE defense at UT this year and teams knew we had to throw... He's 6'6" and about 225 and he's cocky as Hell....A few years to sit and learn....Wouldn't be bad and we are down to Charlie Batch and Gary Coleman...We need some YOUNG DEPTH...( Seems we need this at every position doesn't it)
Old 02-27-2013, 07:38 PM   #6
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 7,966 Times in 3,375 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieRayVol View Post
He threw for 34 Tds and 3,612 yards this season...We had a HORRIBLE defense at UT this year and teams knew we had to throw... He's 6'6" and about 225 and he's cocky as Hell....A few years to sit and learn....Wouldn't be bad and we are down to Charlie Batch and Gary Coleman...We need some YOUNG DEPTH...( Seems we need this at every position doesn't it)
what you talkin bout!

I wouldn't be unhappy with him that's for sure. And you make a good point about needing a quality backup.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:45 PM   #7
PhantomJB93
Head Coach

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Yeehaw

I won't doubt the kid is talented, but again we don't need to groom a future QB right now. Ben has at least 5 years left, that's way too long to have a backup with the intention of him being anything more than a backup.

If he was there in round 5 he might be worth a pick to have as a solid backup and hopefully could be tradebait down the line (IE Kevin Kolb, Ryan Mallet, etc)
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:51 PM   #8
StevieRayVol
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
I won't doubt the kid is talented, but again we don't need to groom a future QB right now. Ben has at least 5 years left, that's way too long to have a backup with the intention of him being anything more than a backup.

If he was there in round 5 he might be worth a pick to have as a solid backup and hopefully could be tradebait down the line (IE Kevin Kolb, Ryan Mallet, etc)

I have a feeling he will be there from round 3 on..

He should have stayed at UT another year...CP ( C. Patterson WANTED to but didn't have the grades) ..Justin Hunter had already made his mind up before the season started.

Bray is fearless...He's got that Favre mentality with that big arm that he thinks he can gun it in there...If he's there grab him...I'm tired of watching Batch and Leftwitch and holding my breath...
Old 02-27-2013, 10:35 PM   #9
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,138 Times in 3,917 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieRayVol View Post
Bray is fearless...He's got that Favre mentality with that big arm that he thinks he can gun it in there...If he's there grab him...I'm tired of watching Batch and Leftwitch and holding my breath...
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/201...-beer-bottles/

From the VolNation forum:

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tenne...ray-tweet.html

Quote:
Tyler Bray @tbrayvol8
"We have some bandwagon fans. Hopefully my apt. isn't egged."

Oh, this one is my favorite:

via http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2012/...qb-tyler-bray/

"Allen told Hudson, according to police records, that she had seen Bray and Grandinetti hurling beer bottles and golf balls from the balcony of their apartment at Hudson's vehicle. Allen had reported Bray, 20, and Grandinetti, 26, to police for throwing the objects, but no action was taken that night.

On July 23, Allen drove to her apartment for lunch. When she came outside 30 minutes later, she found someone has smashed the windshield of her 2007 Volkswagen Jetta.

Allen filed a police report and told officers although no one saw the vandalism, she 'felt it was in retaliation for her calling the police on Bray and Grandinetti.'"

via http://network.yardbarker.com/colleg...photo/11409394

"According to Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency officer Dewayne Williams, Bray was driving a Jet Ski with a woman passenger when he was observed by Williams "hot dogging" with another Jet Ski. Williams explained the term "hot dogging" as "almost like playing chicken" on Jet Skis.

The other Jet Ski tipped over spilling the unidentified occupants into the water. Bray then sped near the swimmers "spraying them with water," according to Williams, who added "he was almost on top of them.'"

That isn't even scratching the surface of how much a clown this kid is. He's a notorious fuck up that obviously doesn't care about anything or anyone. Oh, and he's not even a very good Quarterback. No thanks, we don't need someone like this idiot on this team, especially when we're trying to rebuild leadership.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:47 AM   #10
StevieRayVol
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/201...-beer-bottles/

From the VolNation forum:

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tenne...ray-tweet.html

Oh, this one is my favorite:

via http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2012/...qb-tyler-bray/

"Allen told Hudson, according to police records, that she had seen Bray and Grandinetti hurling beer bottles and golf balls from the balcony of their apartment at Hudson's vehicle. Allen had reported Bray, 20, and Grandinetti, 26, to police for throwing the objects, but no action was taken that night.

On July 23, Allen drove to her apartment for lunch. When she came outside 30 minutes later, she found someone has smashed the windshield of her 2007 Volkswagen Jetta.

Allen filed a police report and told officers although no one saw the vandalism, she 'felt it was in retaliation for her calling the police on Bray and Grandinetti.'"

via http://network.yardbarker.com/colleg...photo/11409394

"According to Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency officer Dewayne Williams, Bray was driving a Jet Ski with a woman passenger when he was observed by Williams "hot dogging" with another Jet Ski. Williams explained the term "hot dogging" as "almost like playing chicken" on Jet Skis.

The other Jet Ski tipped over spilling the unidentified occupants into the water. Bray then sped near the swimmers "spraying them with water," according to Williams, who added "he was almost on top of them.'"

That isn't even scratching the surface of how much a clown this kid is. He's a notorious fuck up that obviously doesn't care about anything or anyone. Oh, and he's not even a very good Quarterback. No thanks, we don't need someone like this idiot on this team, especially when we're trying to rebuild leadership.

Bray had his "MOMENTS AT UT". but nothing was said about his time he spent away from the field taking time to read to some of the 1 grade students this past summer in the knoxville area. UT football is the biggest thing in the state. Bigger than the Oilers ( I mean the Titans and the Memphis Grizzlies) . On Saturdays we pack over 100,000 into Neyland Stadium in Knoxville. So when your're the quarterback on the most popular team in the state...Your every move is watched. And Bray didn't always toe the line..

I've been a UT fan for over 40 years. He's a 21 year old kid from California. He's in the limelight in the Smokey Mountains of Eastern Tennessee. Lots of people said "HE DOESN'T GIVE A SHIT....others say..."HE'S JUST LAID BACK"... I tend to think it's a little of both...

He's cocky and he's done some STUPID stuff. But he never been involved in "BAR FIGHTS, FLUNKED DRUG TESTS, VIOLENCE TOWARDS WOMEN, THEFT, OR EVEN DISCIPLINED FOR CUTTING CLASS. I've seen a Helluva lot worse stuff out of lots of these knuckle heads who are going to be drafted a lot higher than him...

Bray was thrown a curve right from the jump when he enrolled early , then coach Lane Kiffin left 3 weeks before National signing day and he was stuck playing for Derek Dooley.. As a freshman he got thrown in after Phil Simms kid broke his hand and played great..

His sophmore year he started strong until Justin Hunter blew out a knee against Florida and he was playing behind an offensive line of nothing but true freshman..Then towards the end of the season he broke his thumb..

This was supposed to be the year. but with Sal Sunseri ( Heard that name before) running the defense ( The worse defense ever at UT) we had to play catch up a lot..

The guy PHYSICALLY is the best quarterback to play at UT since Peyton Manning...He's 21, he cocky and hes' pulled some BONE HEADED STUNTS but nobody said that HE HAS TO START FROM DAY ONE AND LEAD THIS TEAM OUT OF THE DARKNESS.

34 TD and over 3600 yards were the most since Mannings senior year....

Favre was a screw up ( Still is) in College and Atlanta took a 3rd round chance on him.. And there has never been a bigger Big Ben fan than me, ( But look at some of the bone headed crap he's pulled and he did it AFTER he had won A Super Bowl..Some after he had won his second)..

If he's there in the mid round snag him...By thing is Can't live with Batch and Gary Coleman forever. Kid needs to grow up. Unfortunately some do, some don't. He might grow into it...He might be good trade bait...You can't teach 66" and a rocket arm..Somebody will take a chance on him.. Why not us?

Last edited by StevieRayVol; 02-28-2013 at 02:05 AM.
StevieRayVol is offline   Reply With Quote