Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2013, 03:32 PM   #41
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter
 
Buddha Bus's Avatar
Default Re: You're missing the real target here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millers the sh!t View Post
His nickname uses to be snowball in college....clerks reference
The explanation was unnecessary for me. Huge Kevin Smith fan here.
__________________

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:33 PM   #42
TRH
Living Legend
 
TRH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bath, Ohio
Posts: 4,766
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17206
Thanks: 124
Thanked 311 Times in 215 Posts
Default Re: You're missing the real target here.

nobody's missing the Bengals. They're, and have been, on everyone's radar for at least 2 years now. Most analysts actually predicted them to win the division last year (and almost all of them had us finishing 3rd - which i remember everyone crying "bullshit" - even though i agreed with the analysts on this one)

The Bengals and Browns both have been slowly and quietly building teams of great talent over the past 4, 5 years (except for the Browns idiotic draft last year taking a RB at #3 and then a 29 year old QB at #1).
In particular - just look at the Browns offensive line and defensive line. Bigger than ours. Stronger than ours. MUCH nastier than ours. And they're slowly adding superstar talent in the defensive backfield. The Browns are ones to watch out for almost as equally as Cincy.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TRH For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (03-22-2013), steelfury02 (03-22-2013)
Old 03-22-2013, 06:49 PM   #43
Blacksburg Zach
Team President
Supporter
 
Blacksburg Zach's Avatar
 
Super Mario Flash Champion! Ragnarok Champion!
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Posts: 2,245
Gender: Male
Member Number: 24584
Thanks: 1,650
Thanked 2,812 Times in 1,074 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: You're missing the real target here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
nobody's missing the Bengals. They're, and have been, on everyone's radar for at least 2 years now. Most analysts actually predicted them to win the division last year (and almost all of them had us finishing 3rd - which i remember everyone crying "bullshit" - even though i agreed with the analysts on this one)

The Bengals and Browns both have been slowly and quietly building teams of great talent over the past 4, 5 years (except for the Browns idiotic draft last year taking a RB at #3 and then a 29 year old QB at #1).
In particular - just look at the Browns offensive line and defensive line. Bigger than ours. Stronger than ours. MUCH nastier than ours. And they're slowly adding superstar talent in the defensive backfield. The Browns are ones to watch out for almost as equally as Cincy.
The Browns have been paper champions in March for about the past 5-6 years, and they have fallen flat on their face each and every time when they actually had to play games on the field. I am not aware of any "superstar talent" in the defensive backfield, except maybe Joe Haden, who I feel is overrated. They have underwhelming linebackers, except D'qwell Jackson. The defensive line may look good on paper, but people thought the Buffalo Bills were going to have a top defensive line in the NFL this past season, and they were supposed to make a playoff push. We all know how that turned out. The Browns are still the worst team in the AFC North until they can prove otherwise by winning games on the field on a consistent basis, and stop winning just on paper.
Blacksburg Zach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:59 PM   #44
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter
 
pete74's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: pittsburgh
Posts: 3,299
Member Number: 15921
Thanks: 101
Thanked 450 Times in 237 Posts
Default Re: You're missing the real target here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacksburgSteeler13 View Post
The Browns have been paper champions in March for about the past 5-6 years, and they have fallen flat on their face each and every time when they actually had to play games on the field. I am not aware of any "superstar talent" in the defensive backfield, except maybe Joe Haden, who I feel is overrated. They have underwhelming linebackers, except D'qwell Jackson. The defensive line may look good on paper, but people thought the Buffalo Bills were going to have a top defensive line in the NFL this past season, and they were supposed to make a playoff push. We all know how that turned out. The Browns are still the worst team in the AFC North until they can prove otherwise by winning games on the field on a consistent basis, and stop winning just on paper.
Browns have been paper champs? As of when? I never heard this before let alone the last five years. There always predicted to finish last in our division. Now they finally have a really good defense and a great rb but without a QB they will stay out of the playoff picture
__________________
pete74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:47 PM   #45
Fire Haley
Banned
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 10,359
Member Number: 763
Thanks: 53
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Re: You're missing the real target here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
I think most of us are coming to a general consensus that scoring points on offense is of utmost importance (duh, right?) .

us visionaries know the true path



chestbump

chestbump

high five

easy money
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:00 PM   #46
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter
 
Hawaii 5-0's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Aloha State
Posts: 10,794
Gender: Male
Member Number: 24013
Thanks: 11,460
Thanked 14,538 Times in 5,961 Posts
My Mood: Happy
Default Re: You're missing the real target here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
The Browns are ones to watch out for almost as equally as Cincy.
__________________
Hawaii 5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hawaii 5-0 For This Useful Post:
Blacksburg Zach (03-22-2013)
Old 03-22-2013, 09:24 PM   #47
TRH
Living Legend
 
TRH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bath, Ohio
Posts: 4,766
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17206
Thanks: 124
Thanked 311 Times in 215 Posts
Default Re: You're missing the real target here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacksburgSteeler13 View Post
The Browns have been paper champions in March for about the past 5-6 years, and they have fallen flat on their face each and every time when they actually had to play games on the field. I am not aware of any "superstar talent" in the defensive backfield, except maybe Joe Haden, who I feel is overrated. They have underwhelming linebackers, except D'qwell Jackson. The defensive line may look good on paper, but people thought the Buffalo Bills were going to have a top defensive line in the NFL this past season, and they were supposed to make a playoff push. We all know how that turned out. The Browns are still the worst team in the AFC North until they can prove otherwise by winning games on the field on a consistent basis, and stop winning just on paper.
I've also never heard them called "champions". Paper - or any other kind. I was just referring to the fact that they have added some considerable talent.
Also their front lines are big, tough, and nasty and make us look "small" in comparison.
Both games last year (even when we won), their defensive line pushed around our OL like they were nothing. And then on the other side of the ball, their OL manhandled our defensive line like they were little schoolboys.
Far from champions - but they have added some really good talent (and have a draft coming up with good position to add a future star).
Last year's draft, they really screwed up by wasting a pick on Weeden when they could have got Russell Wilson (who, even before draft day, i was calling the steal of the draft - a definite future star).
Also, they bought into the "trent richardson" hype at the time - a good back, but not a smart #3 pick.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TRH For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (03-22-2013)
Old 03-22-2013, 10:58 PM   #48
Steelers5895
Starter
 
Steelers5895's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 543
Member Number: 23994
Thanks: 6
Thanked 165 Times in 105 Posts
Default Re: You're missing the real target here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler7BR View Post
You all act like the Begals were a dominant team last year, No they were not. No shot in the playoffs, WE were the better team. They made no improvements due to anything in the offseason. So why should they be that scarier then last year?

What we should care about is US. I see huge step baks that we're making this offseason with no improvements whatsoever. Let's face it we have a good D-line in place if they can perform like last year. We have a shaky Linebacking core, a good Secondary, a good Quarterback, no Running Game at all and too little talent in our Receiving core. Let's face it that group wont bring championships. We have no dominating Offense in place, we have a good Defense, but a main part in a 3-4 defense are Linebackers and we lack talent their. With the draft upcomming we have a lot of holes to fix here so for everybody who expects a good year, don't be so sure there!
holy rose colored glasses.

bengals are young with a great pass rush on defense. a qb with good upside and a top 3 wr. they also can block and run the ball. they are VERY balanced.

the steelers and ravens are on the decline. they are on the upswing
__________________
Win If You Can...Lose If You Must...But Always Cheat! Ken Patera
Steelers5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:10 PM   #49
Steeler7BR
Draft Prospect
 
Steeler7BR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 110
Member Number: 24703
Thanks: 25
Thanked 21 Times in 18 Posts
Default Re: You're missing the real target here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers5895 View Post
holy rose colored glasses.

bengals are young with a great pass rush on defense. a qb with good upside and a top 3 wr. they also can block and run the ball. they are VERY balanced.

the steelers and ravens are on the decline. they are on the upswing
I said we are on the deline and that the bengals play with almost the same roster as last year. What are you argueing about?^^

And I just saw 1 top receiver last year.
Steeler7BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:04 PM   #50
Steelers5895
Starter
 
Steelers5895's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 543
Member Number: 23994
Thanks: 6
Thanked 165 Times in 105 Posts
Default Re: You're missing the real target here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler7BR View Post
I said we are on the deline and that the bengals play with almost the same roster as last year. What are you argueing about?^^

And I just saw 1 top receiver last year.
top 3 wr meaning AJ green is a top 3 wr.
__________________
Win If You Can...Lose If You Must...But Always Cheat! Ken Patera
Steelers5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts