Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2013, 10:55 PM   #51
austinfrench76
Head Coach
 
austinfrench76's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,651
Member Number: 3516
Thanks: 793
Thanked 517 Times in 318 Posts
Default Re: Brian Urlacher to meet with Steelers

This seems untrue.
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:58 PM   #52
kan_t
Assistant Coach
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 1,173
Member Number: 21653
Thanks: 292
Thanked 583 Times in 323 Posts
Default Re: Brian Urlacher to meet with Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinfrench76 View Post
This seems untrue.
'Seems' only? The source is from a guy who has 26 twitter followers.
kan_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:20 PM   #53
VSP644
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 13
Member Number: 24788
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Brian Urlacher to meet with Steelers

Signing Urlacher to a 2 yr deal and then resigning Harrison for the same would be an awesome linebacking core if these two stayed healthy. There is a reason why Harrison hasnt signed and I dont think it is just about his age. This would allow us to give Spence another year of healing and then we could take a flier on a draft pick at either MLB or OLB as a project. Could be a nice deal for the Steelers!!! Just my thoughts!!!
VSP644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:25 PM   #54
tanda10506
Team President
 
tanda10506's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Smoky Mountains, TN
Posts: 2,104
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17319
Thanks: 814
Thanked 366 Times in 206 Posts
Default Re: Brian Urlacher to meet with Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSP644 View Post
Signing Urlacher to a 2 yr deal and then resigning Harrison for the same would be an awesome linebacking core if these two stayed healthy. There is a reason why Harrison hasnt signed and I dont think it is just about his age. This would allow us to give Spence another year of healing and then we could take a flier on a draft pick at either MLB or OLB as a project. Could be a nice deal for the Steelers!!! Just my thoughts!!!
It would be cool for a year or two, but then what? I'm more interested in building for the future then I am in salvaging the next 2 years. I'd like to see us move forward.

It's highly unlikely though. I honestly would enjoy watching it happen, but I don't see it happening and I don't like the future afterwards.
__________________
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:38 PM   #55
Justp94
Draft Prospect
 
Justp94's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Peabody, MA
Posts: 130
Gender: Male
Member Number: 21937
Thanks: 50
Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Default Re: Brian Urlacher to meet with Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
Bobby Brooks ‏@ BobbyBrooksWETM:

Sources close to Brian Urlacher say he's to meet with Pittsburgh Steelers to discuss possible contract negotiations.

https://twitter.com/BobbyBrooksWETM/...69321412923394
Don't believe everything you hear on Twitter, sources on Twitter are the ones who also said Emmanuel Sanders had an offer sheet from the Pats, but he never actually got one. I'm going to wait to see if this is updated on NFL.com for authenticity.

My Opinion: We don't need a ILB that's old, slow, and can't cover anyone in the secondary, we already have one Moderate at best ILB in Foote, we don't need another one.
__________________
My Steelers 2013 Mock Draft:
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=96057
Justp94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:53 PM   #56
tanda10506
Team President
 
tanda10506's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Smoky Mountains, TN
Posts: 2,104
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17319
Thanks: 814
Thanked 366 Times in 206 Posts
Default Re: Brian Urlacher to meet with Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justp94 View Post
Don't believe everything you hear on Twitter, sources on Twitter are the ones who also said Emmanuel Sanders had an offer sheet from the Pats, but he never actually got one. I'm going to wait to see if this is updated on NFL.com for authenticity.

My Opinion: We don't need a ILB that's old, slow, and can't cover anyone in the secondary, we already have one Moderate at best ILB in Foote, we don't need another one.
I watched some videos of him this year after I made my last post, and now I would have to agree. He's still a great run stopper, but that's not what we need right now. Urlacher is WAY too slow to cover any of the TE's or RB's that we face on an annual basis.
__________________
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:46 PM   #57
Steeldude
Living Legend
 
Steeldude's Avatar
Default Re: Brian Urlacher to meet with Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
Urlacher is WAY too slow to cover any of the TE's or RB's that we face on an annual basis.
Sounds like Foote since his career started. I am wondering if Foote could cover Hampton
__________________
Kordell Stewart + Starting QB Spot = 0
Steeldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts