Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 04-22-2013, 07:34 PM   #61
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495
Default Re: Steelers should go no huddle a lot more often

Quote:
Originally Posted by pczach View Post
So you mean he piled up stats against inferior opponents, AND he sucks in the playoffs? Wow, you got me. What a great argument. It's a good thing those MVP awards are regular season awards, huh?

I guess he won all those games by himself too. I guess Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, Edgerrin James, and Pro Bowl offensive lineman everywhere his whole career had nothing to do with winning 13 or 14 games every year.
Marvin Harrison is one of the best receivers all-time. He could probably usurp Mike Wallace on the "LloydWoodson Top 5 All-Time Receivers" list which is the greatest honor I can bestow. Reggie Wayne is a very good receiver. Dallas Clark is average. Edgerrin James had already moved on when the Colts won the Superbowl. With the exception of Tarik Glenn Manning's line was made up of late draft picks or UDFAs. The Colts line benefitted greatly by Manning's incredible field generalship in recognizing blitzes and his quick release.

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:36 PM   #62
pczach
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24694
Thanked 7,733 Times in 3,141 Posts
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
One of those stories is inference and the other two are stories of the same quote.

Dismissing Roethlisberger's behavioural shortcomings by diverting attention to other players in an effort to obfuscate moral clarity is a favourite tactic of his ardent supporters. Personally I like to stay away from moral relativism as it is a path that can only lead to trouble.
So saying his offense is too conservative is ok with you huh? So getting his offensive coordinator fired is fine with you too, huh? I guess whatever you need to believe to support your side is the answer. Ben's a piece of shit every time he says anything about anything, but Flacco openly questions his offensive coordinator's play calling, and that's ok with you.

Once again, you show your true colors and look ridiculous by refusing to admit anything that can damage your positions, no matter how obvious they are. Even Cam Cameron acknowledged the comments about him in a press conference and you still try to deny it happened. You live in fantasy land sometimes man.
pczach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:37 PM   #63
pczach
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24694
Thanked 7,733 Times in 3,141 Posts
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Marvin Harrison is one of the best receivers all-time. He could probably usurp Mike Wallace on the "LloydWoodson Top 5 All-Time Receivers" list which is the greatest honor I can bestow. Reggie Wayne is a very good receiver. Dallas Clark is average. Edgerrin James had already moved on when the Colts won the Superbowl. With the exception of Tarik Glenn Manning's line was made up of late draft picks or UDFAs. The Colts line benefitted greatly by Manning's incredible field generalship in recognizing blitzes and his quick release.
Alrighty then!
pczach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:41 PM   #64
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

Quote:
In no way does Roethlisberger being on the team affect my view of the Steelers. Of course I want the Steelers to do well I'm just not one of those assholes who goes around talking about the 1970s and yelling on other fan's faces "WE'VE GOT SIX RINGS! SIX!!!"

I just enjoy watching the Steelers play. Watching the new players come and go.

Roethlisberer gives the team the best chance to win. Of course, I feel that he lets his own ego stand in the way of doing what is best for the team but all in all there is no one to replace him and the Steelers are fortunate to have stability at the quarterback position. I think of Roethlisberger as a necessary evil.
Sorry, but that is your direct quote. You don't care if they win another SB with Roethliesberger on the team. Its there in black in white. just like other crap you spew. Must be sad to be a "fan" of a team yet hate one player so much you root for only one side of the ball. You are so twisted in your hatred that you call out any internet tidbit (not necessarily fasts or stats) that is slanted toward your view and post it as gospel. Sad, sad, sad.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:46 PM   #65
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
Sorry, but that is your direct quote. You don't care if they win another SB with Roethliesberger on the team. Its there in black in white. just like other crap you spew. Must be sad to be a "fan" of a team yet hate one player so much you root for only one side of the ball. You are so twisted in your hatred that you call out any internet tidbit (not necessarily fasts or stats) that is slanted toward your view and post it as gospel. Sad, sad, sad.
I don't care if the Steelers never win another superbowl. There isn't much better on a Sunday afternoon than having some beers and watching your favourite team crush the Cleveland Browns. Am I right?

Old 04-22-2013, 07:56 PM   #66
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Your deflecting now. yea its great to win against Cleveland, but to make the playoffs and possibly win the SB is what the Steelers are about. One moment your ranting about settling for less than #1 and then its ok just to pull for your team during regular season. Tell you what, I will root for the Steelers every game, whether Ben is in the lineup or not and I will pull for them to make the playoffs, whether Ben is in the lineup or not, and if they make it to the SB I will once again pull for the Steelers whether Ben is in the lineup or not. And if Ben should contribute to those wins along with 50+ other team mates I will be just as happy as when the defense won the SB of 2005 without Ben's help,(BTW that was sarcasm about the lack of Bens help)
Old 04-22-2013, 08:01 PM   #67
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Quote:
Your deflecting now. yea its great to win against Cleveland, but to make the playoffs and possibly win the SB is what the Steelers are about. One moment your ranting about settling for less than #1 and then its ok just to pull for your team during regular season. Tell you what, I will root for the Steelers every game, whether Ben is in the lineup or not and I will pull for them to make the playoffs, whether Ben is in the lineup or not, and if they make it to the SB I will once again pull for the Steelers whether Ben is in the lineup or not. And if Ben should contribute to those wins along with 50+ other team mates I will be just as happy as when the defense won the SB of 2005 without Ben's help,(BTW that was sarcasm about the lack of Bens help)
It's OK. Everyone knows Randle-El was the best Steelers quarterback that day.

What are you talking about settling for less than #1? I am a fan I don't play the games.

You go root for the Steelers harder than everyone else! You are the #1 fan! No one can fan like you!

Old 04-22-2013, 08:17 PM   #68
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Quote:
It's OK. Everyone knows Randle-El was the best Steelers quarterback that day.

What are you talking about settling for less than #1? I am a fan I don't play the games.

You go root for the Steelers harder than everyone else! You are the #1 fan! No one can fan like you!
Once again your words not mine, you change your tune as often as a broke radio DJ.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:25 PM   #69
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Quote:
Once again your words not mine, you change your tune as often as a broke radio DJ.
Well I am glad we can agree that the no-huddle offense, while sometimes effective, should not be a focus of the offense moving forward. It is nice to find some common ground.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:32 PM   #70
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Never said it should be either, but not because Ben is incapable of running it.