Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
• Intelligent and friendly discussions.
• It's free and it's quick. Always.
• Enter events in the forums calendar.
• Very user friendly software.
• Exclusive contests and giveaways.
Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
|Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact||Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.|
|04-26-2013, 02:31 AM||#1|
Join Date: Dec 2009
Member Number: 15586
Thanked 33 Times in 24 Posts
2nd round mock
I know this isn't going to be right because I don't have any trades... but we'll see.
1. Jacksonville - Geno Smith, QB, WVU
Jacksonville likes him and he has good value here.
2. San Francisco - Margus Hunt, DE, SMU
Defensive end depth needed and the upside on this guy is huge
3. Philadelphia - Arthur Brown, LB, KSU
Probably the most athletic linebacker here. His brother happens to be a pretty good running back in Philly too.
4. Detroit - Menelik Watson, OL, FSU
Detroit needs line help and Watson is a pretty good prospect. Better than Justin Pugh and Kyle Long in my opinion...
5. Cincinnati - Eddie Lacy, RB, Bama
The first running back! Everyone thought Green Bay or Cincy would grab him at the end of the first but they still get their back.
6. Arizona - Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas
Surprise, surprise. Everybody knows how much Arians loves the deep ball and this guy has probably the best cannon in the draft.
7. Cleveland (forfeited: supplemental draft)
Hey Josh Gordon is okay.
8. NY Jets - new ownership, front office and coach
Ha Jets fans could only wish. No seriously what was up with the Sheldon Richardson pick? I think they go with Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford here. I think they are dumb enough to support Mark Sanchez and jerk off Tim Tebow some more.
9. Tennessee - Tank Carradine, DE, FSU
Holy crap there has been a lot of FSU. I think this pick comes down to Carradine or Kawann Short. I like the tank.
10. Buffalo - Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
Justin Hunter was receiving a lot of first round buzz, but the receivers dropped after the rush on offensive line. This one might start a rush.
11. Oakland - Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame
Oh look, he finally comes off the board! Did anyone else see the video of Te'o and his girlfriend watching the draft? Aww so cute.
12. Tampa Bay - Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama
Tampa needs a TE but I don't think they reach for one at this point. But I'm probably putting too much faith in them.
13. Carolina - Jonathan Cyprien, S, Florida International
Their safety play was terrible. Cyprien was seen as a late first rounder so he slides a bit and Carolina again gets a prospect they didn't expect.
14. New Orleans (forfeited: bountygate)
They injured Brett Farve out of it.
15. San Diego - Keenan Allen, WR, Cal
Need a NT, but it's time they stop giving Phillip Rivers these practice squad receivers. San Diego gets a first round talent here. Seriously...Keenan Allen failed his drug test. Even the Honey Badger passed his at the combine.
16. Buffalo - Gavin Escobar, TE, San Diego State
Quick what's the name of the starting tight end in Buffalo? You might have known Scott Chandler if you followed fantasy football waivers, but chances are you had no clue. Escobar is an athletic tight end in the mold of Aaron Hernandez.
17. Dallas - Kawann Short, DT, Purdue
Anthony Spencer probably won't be around much longer, and depth is needed.
18. Pittsburgh - Kevin Minter, ILB, LSU
I've honestly believed since the beginning him and Te'o were right around tops for the best prospect at the inside linebacker position. A tackling machine here and another steal for Pittsburgh.
19. NY Giants - Khaseem Greene, LB, Rutgers
An almost perfect scheme fit and the Giants have been talking up the linebackers and stating they want an upgrade. Greene here should fit.
20. Chicago - Jonathan Banks, CB, Mississippi State
A good tall cornerback. Guy is a playmaker and though he ran a slow 40 time he makes plays, and that is what counts.
21. Washington - Robert Woods, WR, USC
Woods just does everything well. And he does a damn good job at what counts the most and that's actually catching the ball. RG3 gets a solid weapon that can catch, something his receivers last year didn't seem like they knew how to do. I'm actually really glad too, because this means the Patriots can't take Woods.
22. New England - Jamar Taylor, CB, Boise State
Can stand to upgrade their cornerback depth. Talib staying healthy is no guarantee either.
23. Cincinnati - D.J. Swearinger, S, South Carolina
This was a really hard pick to decide... They've been doing weird things in Cincinnati but it has been working. They've got the bpa mindset it seems, but I don't know if they want a DT for depth here. Swearinger fits a need where the team could use an upgrade.
24. Miami - Terron Armstead, OT, Arkansas Pine-Bluff
I think this pick is going to be traded for Brandon Albert with Kansas City, but like I said, I'm not doing any trades here.
25. Green Bay - Giovanni Bernard, RB, North Carolina
Green Bay brought him in for a visit and he's still available at this juncture. Green Bay hasn't had a real starter since Ryan Grant went down.
26. Seattle - Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky
Seattle can stand to upgrade their o-line some.
27. Houston - Johnathan Hankins, NT, Ohio State
I absolutely love J.J. Watt. This pick is almost a unfair. Hankins is a space eater and playing next to Watt, could free some blockers off of him and serve as a true nose tackle.
28. Denver - Damontre Moore, OLB, Texas A&M
Moore gets to rejoin his old classmate Von Miller. Finally ends his fall and lands where he can get a chance to start but is also a playoff contender. Falls due to poor work ethic but plays with a great motor... kinda of contrast there but can be good if he gets it together.
29. New England - Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech
So New England still lands a good wide receiver. Produced well and though not fast, he is quick and excellent with routes, exactly what Tom Brady loves.
30. Atlanta - Alex Okafor, DE, Texas
I really, really like Okafor. All he did was produce and for a big school. And he gets into a spot where he can excel. Ray Edwards and John Abraham were both released in cost cutting moves and will fit right in.
31. San Francisco - John Jenkins, DT, Georgia
High motor and great feet for a big guy and met with them. At the end of the 2nd he is a great value.
32. Baltimore - Jon Bostic, ILB, Florida
Baltimore needs another inside linebacker even though they signed Rolando McClain. McClain just got arrested again, Ray Lewis retired and Danelle Ellerbe just left in free agency.
And one more thing... I think it really sucks to be a quarterback in this draft. Not much need and they are all so mediocre.
Last edited by Steel Glory; 04-26-2013 at 12:45 PM.
|04-26-2013, 09:33 AM||#2|
Join Date: Mar 2011
Member Number: 18312
Thanked 3,560 Times in 1,551 Posts
Re: 2nd round mock
I would like us to get Minter he would be a steal if he fell to us, but id consider a rb(Franklin) or Safety(Swearinger) also.
But im hoping Hunter falls to us...
|04-26-2013, 09:35 AM||#3|
Join Date: Sep 2012
Member Number: 24400
Thanked 12,812 Times in 5,224 Posts
Re: 2nd round mock
I like this, Glory. I don't like us not getting Arthur Brown, but that's more of a selfish not like than not liking the ideology behind it.
|04-26-2013, 01:29 PM||#5|
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Member Number: 4832
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Re: 2nd round mock
hope arthur brown falls to us in the second.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|