Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 05-16-2013, 10:41 AM   #41
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,458 Times in 1,644 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Has The Steelers Offense Improved Enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaDave View Post
Nate wasn't exactly what one would consider slow. Pretty much we used him as our stretch player, and he did that well. It opened a lot of room for underneath routes for Ward, Miller and El, and not too much different than Wallace did for Holmes, Wallace, Ward and Miller in 2008. As much as we loved the Ben to Holmes plays on their last drive in XLIII, there was a reason Holmes had so much room, and it was wearing #17.

That said, Wheaton should be able to produce at least as well as Nate Wasington in that roll, and may turn out to be a better overall receiver like Holmes, than Wallace, minus the drama.

To the point of the thread, as the OL goes, so does the O. It's a young bunch, and heaven help us if anybody gets hurt, but give them time. They have the potential to become the premier OL in the league. JMO.
I didn't realize #17 was part of the XLIII receiving corp? Perhaps it was #85? :)

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:50 AM   #42
ebsteelers
Living Legend

SpeedPong Champion! X-Training Champion!
Member Number: 18215
Thanked 2,151 Times in 1,256 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaDave View Post
Nate wasn't exactly what one would consider slow. Pretty much we used him as our stretch player, and he did that well. It opened a lot of room for underneath routes for Ward, Miller and El, and not too much different than Wallace did for Holmes, Wallace, Ward and Miller in 2008. As much as we loved the Ben to Holmes plays on their last drive in XLIII, there was a reason Holmes had so much room, and it was wearing #17.
That said, Wheaton should be able to produce at least as well as Nate Wasington in that roll, and may turn out to be a better overall receiver like Holmes, than Wallace, minus the drama.

To the point of the thread, as the OL goes, so does the O. It's a young bunch, and heaven help us if anybody gets hurt, but give them time. They have the potential to become the premier OL in the league. JMO.
Say what my brother??

Bens confused

ebsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:53 AM   #43
ebsteelers
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
I didn't realize #17 was part of the XLIII receiving corp? Perhaps it was #85? :)
Thought for a second I was drunk.. then I realized

Holmes and Harrison will alway have special places in Steeler lore, Holmes always was a favorite of mine, and he has been shyt since he was with the Jets.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:01 AM   #44
VaDave
Team President

Member Number: 479
Thanked 1,570 Times in 894 Posts

Wallace didn't play in 2008? I thought he was a rookie... Crap, talk about an embarrassing situation!! My bad.... I think # 17 might have been our punter....brain fart.... Hey, why let facts get in the way of a good point of view.....
VaDave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:20 AM   #45
jb500ex
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
yep and santonio >>>>>>>>>> wallace. wallace was only a home run threat, santonio was a do everything wr
Lmao a do everything wr. He was horrible at getting separation, disapeared for weeks at a time and had huge crucial drops His so called big year of 09 he was a major factor we didn't make the playoffs. Other then week one he did nothing to help us and had two enormous td drops in games we ended up losing. He had 1 td until the season was over for us. He was far more clutch year one with the jets then he was here. He's exactly the same now for them as he was here and we have never missed him. My favorite day as a steeler fan was he day he was traded to the jets. We should have taken mangold
jb500ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:41 AM   #46
ebsteelers
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb500ex View Post
Lmao a do everything wr. He was horrible at getting separation, disapeared for weeks at a time and had huge crucial drops His so called big year of 09 he was a major factor we didn't make the playoffs. Other then week one he did nothing to help us and had two enormous td drops in games we ended up losing. He had 1 td until the season was over for us. He was far more clutch year one with the jets then he was here. He's exactly the same now for them as he was here and we have never missed him. My favorite day as a steeler fan was he day he was traded to the jets. We should have taken mangold

are you every positive about what the steelers do?
Old 05-16-2013, 12:41 PM   #47
casteeler
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15446
My Mood: Relaxed

Let me start by saying I've been wrong before. I have the misfortune of living in Northern California and I'm subjected to Raider games so I've seen what Gradkowski has to offer so I applaud drafting Jones because Gradkowski IS an improvement over Batch&Lefty but Gradkowski is a #3 guy not a #2.

I really would like to be surprised about Bell at RB but he wasn't impressive against ranked college teams and that leads me to think the Steelers made a mistake

The Steelers needed a stud TE that would fit into the Haley offense..... They did not get one.

The Steelers look as if they will be slightly improved but hey it could be a great year and that's why we watch
casteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:08 PM   #48
Steeldude
Living Legend

Quote:
Bell is faster than both Dwyer and Redman, but I worry about his lack of breakaway speed
Wrong. Dwyer ran a 10.81 in the 100 meter dash, the second best time in the state of Georgia, and recorded a 4.48 in the 40 yard dash. In the NFL combine he ran a 4.59.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:09 PM   #49
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,546 Times in 2,357 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
so he wasn't perfect but let's see. he made a game-winning punt return vs the ravens in the playoffs when the offense wasn't doing jack. super bowl MVP vs the cardinals. He ended the bengals playoff hopes in 2006 which was all kinds of awesome.

santonio had his drops, but for the most part, he was ben's go to guy and clutch. when you needed a big play, santonio was the guy, and he was effective in the short/intermediate passing game, as well as a big play threat. wallace? he was only a big play threat. A good one, but I'd take santonio in his prime ANY DAY over wallace.

Santonio definitely had his hands in more winning efforts in big games than wallace did. you can't deny that
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fire Arians For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (05-16-2013), pczach (05-16-2013), teegre (05-16-2013)
Old 05-16-2013, 03:07 PM   #50
pczach
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24694
Thanked 7,326 Times in 2,999 Posts
My Mood: Goofy

Quote:
Dude, he was a monster for the Steelers. He was our only receiver that could get open against the Ravens, who he regularly torched. The Ravens were the happiest team in football the day he left Pittsburgh. That guy made more big plays for this team than Hines did over the last 5 years of his career. I'm not sure what games you were watching, but he was our most dangerous offensive player almost the entire time he was here, and it's not even close.
pczach is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pczach For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (05-16-2013)