Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Gamer Chat

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 05-24-2013, 07:12 AM   #1
jacobo
Team Captain

Member Number: 24766
Default The Walking Dead AKA the thing that will RAPE YOUR HEART

Anyone play this thing? It won a bunch of gotys last year which was weird because it's a licensed adventure game. I got it about a week ago and beat it shortly thereafter. I've played a bunch of games in my time, and I must say this is the most emotionally engaging and heartbreaking story that has ever been told in the medium, possibly in overall media history, no lie. I got the entire collection for $20 on bestbuy but you can buy the episodes individually if you're unsure on Steam, XBLA and PSN. They're definitely worth it. I cried like a bitch at the end
Old 05-28-2013, 04:25 AM   #2
IowaSteeler927
The Corn Shucking Hippie
Supporter

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 3,074 Times in 1,364 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: The Walking Dead AKA the thing that will RAPE YOUR HEART

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobo View Post
Anyone play this thing? It won a bunch of gotys last year which was weird because it's a licensed adventure game. I got it about a week ago and beat it shortly thereafter. I've played a bunch of games in my time, and I must say this is the most emotionally engaging and heartbreaking story that has ever been told in the medium, possibly in overall media history, no lie. I got the entire collection for $20 on bestbuy but you can buy the episodes individually if you're unsure on Steam, XBLA and PSN. They're definitely worth it. I cried like a bitch at the end
I've been wanting to play it. Between work and everything I don't play games nearly as much as I used to. Not for a lack of wanting to play, just don't have the time. I played the demo and enjoyed it. One of these days I'll pick up the retail copy and play through it. I'm actually a huge Walking Dead fan. I watch the TV Series religiously and I've completed both Compendium #1 and Compendium #2 of the graphic novels that cover issues #1 through #96.
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:28 AM   #3
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 4,602 Times in 1,977 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

Well, I played the series game. The episodic content game. Clementine etc. Great game.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:20 PM   #4
jacobo
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaSteeler927 View Post
I've been wanting to play it. Between work and everything I don't play games nearly as much as I used to. Not for a lack of wanting to play, just don't have the time. I played the demo and enjoyed it. One of these days I'll pick up the retail copy and play through it. I'm actually a huge Walking Dead fan. I watch the TV Series religiously and I've completed both Compendium #1 and Compendium #2 of the graphic novels that cover issues #1 through #96.
it shits all over the show writing-wise and is on par with the comics. I actually thought the second episode was written by Kirkman himself when I was playing through it. It really helps that you make all the choices, and there are some really tough ones, both split second choices and longer, more thought out decisions. You're gonna enjoy it when you play. My girlfriend doesn't even like games and she made me wait for her to play that's how much she enjoyed the story.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:31 AM   #5
IowaSteeler927
The Corn Shucking Hippie
Supporter

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 3,074 Times in 1,364 Posts
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
it shits all over the show writing-wise and is on par with the comics. I actually thought the second episode was written by Kirkman himself when I was playing through it. It really helps that you make all the choices, and there are some really tough ones, both split second choices and longer, more thought out decisions. You're gonna enjoy it when you play. My girlfriend doesn't even like games and she made me wait for her to play that's how much she enjoyed the story.
Yeah my wife wants me to get it and she generally despises video games. She also wants me to get that other Walking Dead game, the one where they are basically trying to make as much money off the popularity of Daryl Dixon's character as possible.
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:45 AM   #6
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaSteeler927 View Post
Yeah my wife wants me to get it and she generally despises video games. She also wants me to get that other Walking Dead game, the one where they are basically trying to make as much money off the popularity of Daryl Dixon's character as possible.
I didn't like Survival Instinct as much as The Walking Dead. The Walking Dead comes with several episodes, and season one of the game is up for sale now on XBL and PSN. I have season one in it's entirety, and season 2 is coming soon.

Old 05-30-2013, 01:34 PM   #7
jacobo
Team Captain

yeah I rented survival instinct when it came out. It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, had some interesting ideas, but it was clearly a cheap cash in. too bad, it had potential
Old 10-16-2013, 09:27 AM   #8
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Quote:

I just finished it - got the full game series for $13 at Gamespot - now have to go back and play again - make some different choices

just me and Clem and Kenny at the end - that bitch Lilly killed my soon to be girlfriend Carley
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:38 AM   #9
NJarhead
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter

Member Number: 1932
Thanked 3,151 Times in 1,324 Posts
My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
I didn't like Survival Instinct as much as The Walking Dead. The Walking Dead comes with several episodes, and season one of the game is up for sale now on XBL and PSN. I have season one in it's entirety, and season 2 is coming soon.

I actually thought this thread was about Survival Instinct. Not sure what it's about now. Can ya share a link Brother? I's confused.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:03 PM   #10
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarDen86 View Post
I actually thought this thread was about Survival Instinct. Not sure what it's about now. Can ya share a link Brother? I's confused.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wal...ad_(video_game)