Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 06-15-2006, 07:09 AM   #1
SteelCityPride
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1079
Default Good article on people posting Neg. stuff about Ben

Here is a link to the pittsburgh post-gazette sight where it speaks about people who are writing negative things about Ben, I actually found quite a bit of humor in it, just thought someone may like to read it. My fav portion is pasted below...

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06166/698372-66.stm

Dr. Paul Friday, the director of clinical psychology at UPMC Shady Side, said the posters of these comments are people with psychological problems whose brains never fully developed.

Another favorite portion: "The people who are blogging in Cincinnati, they're the ones whose brains never fully develop," Friday said. "They don't perspectivize human tragedy. They don't learn to think effectively. These people are not normal. We're talking about a fringe element. We're dealing with the screaming people who are venting. These are elements that are not representative of their communities. They are representatives of their own minds."

Anyways, hope you enjoy
SteelCityPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 07:57 AM   #2
section514
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1401
Default Re: Good article on people posting Neg. stuff about Ben

I honestly thought that may have been the dumbest article to ever be written in the Post-Gazette.

Honestly they tried to say that those people are mentally ill. When Carson Palmer went down, how many of us were happy, or at least not upset.

The article was stupid, the author of that article may as well have been one of us.

Don't get me wrong, I am not happy about what other teams are saying about Ben, and I did post quotes from brownsboard.com a few days ago, however it is not Newpaper material.

Last edited by section514; 06-15-2006 at 02:16 PM. Reason: spell check
section514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 11:03 AM   #3
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

Quote:
Originally Posted by section514
Honestly they tried to say that those people are mentally ill. When Carson Palmer went down, how many of us we happy, or at least not upset.
I wasn't happy. I was sickened to see a good man and a blossoming star go down before his prime. Even from a Steelers perspective, I want to win the game but not like that.

The fact that he plays for the Bengals? Bah. So what. That's a transient association anyhow, when he's 44 he won't be playing for anyone. He'll be just another guy trying to raise his kids the right way.

It's one thing to have fun trash-talking, it's another thing to let it get out of perspective.

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 11:32 AM   #4
Ohio Steeler
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2142

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityPride
Here is a link to the pittsburgh post-gazette sight where it speaks about people who are writing negative things about Ben, I actually found quite a bit of humor in it, just thought someone may like to read it. My fav portion is pasted below...

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06166/698372-66.stm

Dr. Paul Friday, the director of clinical psychology at UPMC Shady Side, said the posters of these comments are people with psychological problems whose brains never fully developed.

Another favorite portion: "The people who are blogging in Cincinnati, they're the ones whose brains never fully develop," Friday said. "They don't perspectivize human tragedy. They don't learn to think effectively. These people are not normal. We're talking about a fringe element. We're dealing with the screaming people who are venting. These are elements that are not representative of their communities. They are representatives of their own minds."

Anyways, hope you enjoy
LMAO danm does he know people from Cincy or what
Old 06-15-2006, 11:43 AM   #5
STEEL-MAN
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 391

Like the Steeler's need to be more motivated come Sept, Porter will have all these comments all over the locker room. Talk about a chip when it comes time to play these teams....I love the football! Steeler Football!!!!!
STEEL-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 02:18 PM   #6
section514
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1401

it was still a stupid article
section514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 07:25 PM   #7
ItaliaFem
Water Boy

Member Number: 2479

One of the reasons I found this Board was during a search after fighting with 20 posters on another Board. Anyone who says he deserves injury or death is sick. I didn't revel when Palmer or Winslow got hurt. No one wants to win by disability default. The hate out there is unbelieveable. Jealous fiends!
ItaliaFem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 08:03 PM   #8
Lyn
Banned

Member Number: 304

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca
I wasn't happy. I was sickened to see a good man and a blossoming star go down before his prime. Even from a Steelers perspective, I want to win the game but not like that.

The fact that he plays for the Bengals? Bah. So what. That's a transient association anyhow, when he's 44 he won't be playing for anyone. He'll be just another guy trying to raise his kids the right way.

It's one thing to have fun trash-talking, it's another thing to let it get out of perspective.

Tom

Good post, Tom.

Noone likes to see anyone get hurt no matter whom they are a fan of, unless of course they are sick to begin with and in that case they should probably be concentrating on their own mental health and help than posting on message boards.
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 09:43 PM   #9
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Hey Bengals fans at Bengalszone.com The Browns fans at Brownsboard and whatever ratbirds board. a little message to the *******s claiming just has been served from one of the youngest if not THE youngest person on this website, Carson was NOT intentially hit. Kimo was bumped into him, he NEVER intended to see Palmer hurt. The hit by Castillo on Big Ben WAS Cheap. That was intentional. And when Carson or one of your players gets arrested or has one of these kind of situations like Big Ben I will just laugh at you and you'll see what it was like to be the fan of the team that had an iccident like this happen. Same goes for the Browns and Ratbirds fans. I honestly think you need to learn how to be as classy as the Bengals, Browns posters here on Steelersfever.(Some Bengals and Browns fans at least)

I had to let that out. All the comments saying just has been served for the Wild-Card game was a bunch of BULLSHIT. There was no justice needing to be served. When someone says negative stuff about a player being injured acting like it was a good thing is a load of BULLSHIT!

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns

Last edited by SteelCityMan786; 06-16-2006 at 09:55 PM.
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote