Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 06-10-2006, 12:14 AM   #1
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Ravens = Overrated

Good article from Andrew Perloff of Sports Illustrated.

Overrated Ravens

Ravens fans are busy looking into cheap flights to Miami for Super Bowl XLI when they should be purchasing Amtrak tickets to New York for next year's draft. The arrival of Steve McNair has Baltimore buzzing, but there are too many potential problems to even pencil the Ravens into the playoffs, let alone the Super Bowl.

Here are five reasons Baltimore won't have a winning season:

1. Injuries: This is the only team on which the perennially banged-up McNair is healthier than his teammates. Stars Jamal Lewis, Ray Lewis and Ed Reed have all battled injuries, and there's no guarantee they'll return to 100 percent.

2. Age: McNair is 33. Ray Lewis, 31. Derrick Mason, 32. Jonathan Ogden will turn 32 this offseason, as will Mike Flynn. Trevor Pryce will turn 31 in August. Every one of those guys is on the downside of his career.

3. AFC North: The Super Bowl champion Steelers kept their nucleus in tact, the division-winning Bengals are young and hungry, and the recent news has been positive for QB Carson Palmer. And the Browns spent a ton in free agency, making them more competitive.

4. Road Woes: They haven't won away from home since Nov. 14, 2004, at the Jets. And they have some killer out-of-division trips planned for this year -- at Denver, at Kansas City, at Tampa Bay.

5. Team Dissension: The love-fest we've seen this week in Baltimore seems forced. Ray Lewis showed his true nature this offseason with bitter comments about everything wrong with the Ravens. And although coach Brian Billick seems happy now, wait until things get tough and owner Steve Bisciotti starts riding him again.

The Ravens will be home in January. Take it to the bank. Take it to the M&T Bank Stadium if you want. But that's just my opinion. I want to hear from you on how good the addition of McNair will make Baltimore this season.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_...ed-ravens.html

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 06-10-2006 at 12:21 AM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 12:21 AM   #2
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290
Default Re: Ravens = Overrated

I'm so sick of hearing about the Ravens. Even last year some thought the Ravens would challenge not only for the AFC North but the AFC. I didn't I thought the Ravens would be a 8-8 team at best.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 01:32 PM   #3
boLT fan
Team Captain

Member Number: 901

How are the Ravens overrated? I've never heard anyone say good about them, we all know they suck.
boLT fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 10:22 PM   #4
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

The Ratbirds were born OVERRATED! People want to say they are all that and stuff but it's a lot of BS. Steve McNair was another step in the WRONG direction. They are in a division that you don't have players that are willing to play week in and week out where you are GUARANTEED to be near the bottom. Face facts Baltimore this is NOT 2000. It's 2006. This is not your division to run with anymore with the Steelers. It's the Steelers and the Bungals division to run now. The Steelers and Bungals is THE north division rivalry now that decides pretty much the division title.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 04:34 PM   #5
Tha rock
Starter

Member Number: 406

its the defense that overates them and there RB jamal who sucks now
Old 06-13-2006, 06:53 PM   #6
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

The Ratbirds are very overrated.

While the Steelers,Bengals,and Browns have gone younger at the QB position,the Ravens have gone older.

Steve McNair isn't the teflon QB he used to be,he is now brittle and frail.That's not good when you have to play the Steelers who blitz like holy hell.
It's not good when the Bengals have some players that can really get to the QB.

That's not good when the Browns drafted a guy this year that is there simply to get to the QB not to mention signed Willie McGinnest who can also get to the QB.

By week 8 it'll be Boller back under center because McNair will be injured.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 11:03 PM   #7
steelerfan12
Water Boy

Member Number: 2417

Quote:
Originally Posted by boLT fan
How are the Ravens overrated? I've never heard anyone say good about them, we all know they suck.
i agree i never hear things bout the ravens not that i care but i dont hear a thing except how bout them raven losing again!