Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 07-07-2013, 09:00 PM   #1
caplovestroyp43
Banned

Member Number: 16490
My Mood: Angelic
Default People Are Plain EVIL

I have been pissed off about this all week. Tell me who, in their right mind, would steal a license plate (front) off of a truck owned by a 85 year old handicapped man that doesn't bother a soul? Well, that is what happened to my dad. He has a 1974 Chevrolet Cheyenne that has been in our family since 1986 and has been stripped to the ground three times and rebuilt. It's his pride and joy, something he only had to pay a hundred bucks for because it was sitting in someone's garage that he worked with on the railroad and his friend had no use for it.

I have driven that truck over the years and I have a strong emotional attachment to it. I gave her a name "Cajo" ("Kay Joe") because my dad's first name is Joe. He has taken it to several shows and has been offered a few tidy sums of money for it because it is a collector's item and he turned them all down. In the front window in the middle of the windshield on the dash is a raisin with a guitar (remember those commercials when they used to play "Heard It Through The Grapevine?) and I don't remember how I got it but it's been in there a good twenty years anyway.

I just had to get this off my chest. I am angry and feel so bad for him. The license was in a frame so it took some time to get it off. Our neighborhood has never stolen anything from us. Mom and Dad have lived there over fifty years and never had a problem. It is a predominately African American street and nobody bothers anybody. Grew up with quite a few of them and never had a problem. Our neighbor to the left is a hard working lady whose grandparents were slaves and our neighbors to the right of us are in their high 90's and they don't bother anyone either.

So much for a safe neighborhood. It could have been a random thing too; who knows. Whoever has it can't use it because it's stolen and it was reported stolen right away. It's going to now cost my parents 77 lousy bucks to replace the plates. It's just not fair or right. Someday I'll get over this but right now I am really, really pissed. I feel like poor Cajo was violated! And so was my father for that matter.

Thanks for listening.
caplovestroyp43 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to caplovestroyp43 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (07-07-2013)
Old 07-07-2013, 09:08 PM   #2
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 11,684 Times in 4,670 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: People Are Plain EVIL

sorry to hear about the trouble. I'm afraid there's more people out there who would do something like that than most people would like to think.

could just be kids being stupid, but that doesn't make it any better. There's too many people who really don't care about consequences or the people they are hurting.
harrison'samonster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:12 PM   #3
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,524 Times in 3,754 Posts

Sorry to hear your 85 year old Dad got ripped off by jerks - I also have an elderly father and know that dealing with that kind of crap does not get easier to deal with as you age
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:45 AM   #4
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,950 Times in 1,659 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

That is not good news at all hopefully he can get it back the way it was and people will leave it along.