Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 06-16-2006, 10:16 PM   #41
BlacknGold Bleeder
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1254
Default Re: Maddox

Maddox was good as a stop gap player... he did do well and did help the Steelers until we were fortunate enough to get Ben. The yard story was B.S. , his wife denied it ever happened! I wish Tommy well but I believe his playing days are over, definitley his starting days are.
I've always liked Batch but his problem over his career has been staying good, alot of that can be attributed to bad teams and other teams just flat out planning how to stop him. Detroit didn't have a lot of options.
All this appears to be a moot point though, because we apparently will have Ben back in time to start the season. Thank God for that Angel that was riding with Ben that day!!!
Old 06-17-2006, 06:35 AM   #42
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherLover
Do you really think that sarcasm is really warranted, somehow I'm sure you do. In case you haven't been told..... It's not necessary every other post. There is a line between being witty and being sarcastic and you are definitely falling into the latter more frequently.

OH PLEASE!!! Rather hypocritical arnt we:

* Re: Add Ann Coulter to the list with Pat and Jerry FROM COWHERLOVER

Yeah, how dare they cause such a ruckus and cause such a thing a the INDEPENDANT 9/11 Comisssion. How absurd, everyone has their own opinion and agenda and just because you feel so strongly one way... *

*Re: Karma..... FROM COWHERLOVER

Don't respond to this idiot and he'll go away. The more you talk the longer he stays around. It's not all his fault, he from around the Ohio River where the city motto is; Nothin says lovin like f*ckin your cousin.*

*Re: 3 kids - 2 mothers...that's productive FROM COWHERLOVER

Santonio has always taken care of his responsibilities with his children which is the biggest reason he came out a year early. If you're really interested in his past and his character maybe you should google his name and do some research rather than form an opinion with the Cliff Notes version. When you do that you'll feel bad, or at least you should, about slamming someone before you know if in fact he DOES take responsibility for the life he's created. Children shouldn't be referred to as mistakes, IMHO.

* Re: 3 kids - 2 mothers...that's productive FROM COWHERLOVER

I think Phil Savage has the "holy christain" player market cornered, just in case you've forgotten his recent comments. *

(and my favorite)
* Re: Is this Homeland Security? FROM COWHERLOVER

In the best interest of keeping this sane and rational I shouldn't even begin to post what my thoughts are. But because I can't keep my big mouth shut I will say that all of you that voted for this jerk-off because he was going to take away certain rights from certain people, should've realized that the day might come that his self-serving, Harvard hillbilly ass, would do something that might draw your ire such as this. *

You must have some cold winters in your glass house with all the rocks your throwing

Last edited by lamberts-lost-tooth; 06-17-2006 at 07:26 AM.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 06:44 AM   #43
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherLover
Do you really think that sarcasm is really warranted, somehow I'm sure you do. In case you haven't been told..... It's not necessary every other post. There is a line between being witty and being sarcastic and you are definitely falling into the latter more frequently.

I would rather be witty and sarcastic then too sensitive...lighten up!...You seem to have a passive-aggressive mentality that is showing up on any post you dont like. Try laughing a little..life is fun..and all this is just "posts" ..not a reflection on life itself.

My sarcasm is done in fun (until its not.. ) If I offended any person it is up to them to let me know and I will man enough to say I'm sorry..(and MEAN it..I truly wouldnt want to hurt anybodys feelings)..HOWEVER..if its not aimed at you...QUIT being the POST POLICE and the forum BIG SISTER and mind your own business!

BIG D and I joined at about the same time and I enjoy his posts...The double negative is a "typo" that any of us could have done including myself... and IF you checked my posts..you can see that I make fun of MYSELF as much as I tease everyone else.

Seriously...chill out or put me on ignore..that simple. Everyone else here seems to be having fun...sharing info and razzing each other.

Last edited by lamberts-lost-tooth; 06-17-2006 at 10:56 AM.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 08:09 AM   #44
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersMongol
Well said. I can really see what you're saying now. But I'm just wondering why are we all saying we don't trust Batch. I don't really remember he was actually letting us down when he played, like Maddox did?
Look - I like Charlie. He's a great guy, hometown boy, does charity work in the community yada, yada, yada. I was never impressed with him as a QB when he was with the Lions and I keep hearing over and over again how he didn't have much of a team around him. He had Barry Sanders in his backfield for one year and during the 4 year span he was in Detroit, had Herman Moore, Johnnie Morton and Germane Crowell at wideout, all 1,000 yard WRs. He still couldn't get the job done. I know - he didn't have much of an OL - well, neither did Maddox in 2003. What really has he done since coming to the Steelers? Oh I know - the Steelers won 2 games with him at QB last season. I look at it this way - he stunk in the first game against Green Bay (yes, Green Bay!) and had it not been for Polamalu, we would have lost that game. OK - he was shaking off the rust. He got the free pass, even though he played most of the pre-season games while Maddox did not, yet Maddox got no free pass - only more criticism (which he did deserve in the Jax game). The second game he started, the Steelers' opponent was Cleveland and in that game, he did not throw one TD pass, though the Steelers won 34-21. Yes, he did score one on the ground in that contest, I'll give him that. I just don't see what the guy has done to merit all of the praise and salivation, sorry. That being said, however, I will support him, though, if he starts the season behind center because he wears the black and gold.
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 08:31 AM   #45
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

The Johnstown Riverhawks arena football team doesn't even want Maddox, so why would the Steelers? I agree with Diesel. Stick a fork in Maddox. He's done!
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 03:46 PM   #46
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal
Look - I like Charlie. He's a great guy, hometown boy, does charity work in the community yada, yada, yada. I was never impressed with him as a QB when he was with the Lions and I keep hearing over and over again how he didn't have much of a team around him. He had Barry Sanders in his backfield for one year and during the 4 year span he was in Detroit, had Herman Moore, Johnnie Morton and Germane Crowell at wideout, all 1,000 yard WRs. He still couldn't get the job done. I know - he didn't have much of an OL - well, neither did Maddox in 2003. What really has he done since coming to the Steelers? Oh I know - the Steelers won 2 games with him at QB last season. I look at it this way - he stunk in the first game against Green Bay (yes, Green Bay!) and had it not been for Polamalu, we would have lost that game. OK - he was shaking off the rust. He got the free pass, even though he played most of the pre-season games while Maddox did not, yet Maddox got no free pass - only more criticism (which he did deserve in the Jax game). The second game he started, the Steelers' opponent was Cleveland and in that game, he did not throw one TD pass, though the Steelers won 34-21. Yes, he did score one on the ground in that contest, I'll give him that. I just don't see what the guy has done to merit all of the praise and salivation, sorry. That being said, however, I will support him, though, if he starts the season behind center because he wears the black and gold.
hometown girl, i've havent agreed with your posts in the pasts but this is a very true point. good post
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 03:50 PM   #47
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313

in tommys defense. If it wasnt for tommy we wouldnt have ben. I say we all should consider sending flowers and chocolates
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:46 PM   #48
Steel12
Banned

Member Number: 2397

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
While he made statements before Ben's accident that he wanted to pursue a pro golfing career, the media here has stated on a few occasions that he's open to playing for the Steelers if Ben is not ready to go by opening day. I have not heard any comments from the Steelers FO pertaining to Maddox.

IMO, I don't want him back. I felt he wore out his welcome after the Jacksonville game. Also, I'm not exactly sure he's in good graces with the Steelers FO or the players in general. That's pure speculation on my part, but he did not attend the White House or the ring ceremony. Not attending the ring ceremony was just a tad bit odd don't you think?
I concur...he's a waste of a roster spot. I feel any of the qbs we have now can lose just as well as he can
Steel12 is offline   Reply With Quote