Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 06-21-2006, 08:24 PM   #11
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,289 Times in 2,883 Posts
Default Re: Holmes in trouble with the NFL?

The Trib-Review says the agent is Joel Segal.

Segal is responsible for the brilliant representation of Reggie Bush, in which Segal's pre-draft contract demands were so outrageous that Bush lost out on the #1 pick and went to the Saints. The following story (link) describes Segal's representation of Bush.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports...28trotter.html

One particular highlight in the story regarding Segal:

Segal, whose background includes a one-year suspension by the players association for funneling cash to a University of Florida athlete, blew the running back's chance at being the first pick in last month's draft by making ridiculous contract demands.

So much for hoping the agent provides a reality check for Holmes.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 08:31 PM   #12
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,963 Times in 3,018 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan

So much for hoping the agent provides a reality check for Holmes.
i thought as much. i bet hes got his client convinced hes as much of an impact player as reggie bush despite what he does off the field.

i think holmes believes he did nothing wrong and will expect to be paid like he didnt.

for the sake of the steelers not pissing away 2 1st day picks, im trying to remain optomistic though. after all, we can repeat without holmes or the extra pick it cost to trade up and get him.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 08:38 PM   #13
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,289 Times in 2,883 Posts

In hindsight, this year's draft (burning draft picks to trade up for no sure thing at WR/drafting a #1 who does not seem to be particularly disciplined/drafting 2 WRs with high picks) appears more and more to have been designed solely to fill needs for a potential repeat this year and screw whatever comes after that, a startegy that makes sense if Cowher really is bolting after 2006.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 09:10 PM   #14
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,963 Times in 3,018 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan
In hindsight, this year's draft (burning draft picks to trade up for no sure thing at WR/drafting a #1 who does not seem to be particularly disciplined/drafting 2 WRs with high picks) appears more and more to have been designed solely to fill needs for a potential repeat this year and screw whatever comes after that, a startegy that makes sense if Cowher really is bolting after 2006.
i do think the steelers were looking longterm with this draft. i wish i knew more about reid or how he is doing cause i think he will be great value for a 3rd rounder in the long run. i was high on j. allen being a steeler cause he could provide insurance if i. taylor leaves. i wanted white because i think he will be a star who's career surpasses d. staleys, but i think we got a star in parker already.

holmes talent alone seems to make him as a good pick but many prognosticators think there were really no 1st round grade wr's this year.

to trade up, for a reach as it was, and a character problem, leaves a sour taste. even if we do sign him on the cheap, the second he starts producing (if he does) he will be holding out for more $$$
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote