Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2013, 08:27 PM   #1
beer72
Bench Warmer
 
beer72's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: DC, Hawaii, AZ, PA
Posts: 170
Gender: Male
Member Number: 3508
Thanks: 12
Thanked 30 Times in 23 Posts
Default How are the steelers??

14 on the forbes list?

A new Forbes report indicates just how profitable the NFL has become. According to the study the average NFL team is worth $1.17 billion, and the most valuable team, the Dallas Cowboys, are worth an astounding $2.3 billion.

In that respect, it may be surprising to hear that not every NFL franchise operated at a surplus in 2012. In fact one team lost money.

Forbes reported that the Detroit Lions, who were valued at $900 million and took in $248 million in revenue last year, posted a loss of $3.5 million last year.

This isn't the first time the Lions have lost money, or happened to be the only NFL franchise to do so. Under Forbes' formula, the Lions have lost money each of the last four seasons.

The Lions don't release financial information, so it's impossible to know exactly why the team has operated at a loss, but as Kevin Seifert of ESPN points out there are several possible explanations. For one, the team is still burdened by its share of the construction cost of Ford Field (upwards of $350 million).

The Lions, who have big-name players like Matthew Stafford, Calvin Johnson and Ndamukong Suh, also had the highest player payroll in the NFL last year ($118 million).

It's interesting to note that even though the Lions lost $3.5 million, they were still better off than the NHL champion Chicago Blackhawks. The Blackhawks, one of the NHL's Original Six teams and its wire-to-wire best squad in the 2013 season, were an estimated $10 million to $20 million in the red last year.

Below is the complete list of NFL franchise values and, in parenthesis, each team's operating income from 2012:

1. Dallas Cowboys: $2.3 billion ($250.7 million)
2. New England Patriots: $1.8 billion ($139.2 million)
3. Washington Redskins: $1.7 billion ($104.3 million)
4. New York Giants: $1.55 billion ($64.4 million)
5. Houston Texans: $1.45 billion ($81.5 million)
6. New York Jets: $1.38 billion ($52.8 million)
7. Philadelphia Eagles: $1.314 billion ($47.8 million)
8. Chicago Bears: $1.252 billion ($63.2 million)
9. Baltimore Ravens: $1.227 billion ($48.3 million)
10. San Francisco 49ers: $1.224 billion ($10.2 million)
11. Indianapolis Colts: $1.2 billion ($65 million)
12. Green Bay Packers: $1.183 billion ($54.3 million)
13. Denver Broncos: $1.161 billion ($31.7 million)
14. Pittsburgh Steelers: $1.118 billion ($28.3 million)
15. Seattle Seahawks: $1.081 billion ($28.2 million)
16. Miami Dolphins: $1.074 billion ($24.8 million)
17. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: $1.067 billion ($2.2 million)
18. Carolina Panthers: $1.057 billion ($28.9 million)
19. Tennessee Titans: $1.055 billion ($40 million)
20. Kansas City Chiefs: $1.009 billion ($15 million)
21. Minnesota Vikings: $1.007 billion ($28 million)
22. Cleveland Browns: $1.005 billion ($17.1 million)
23. New Orleans Saints: $1.004 billion ($22.2 million)
24. Arizona Cardinals: $961 million ($9.7 million)
25. San Diego Chargers: $949 million ($30.4 million)
26. Atlanta Falcons: $933 million ($18.5 million)
27. Cincinnati Bengals: $924 million ($37.3 million)
28. Detroit Lions: $900 million (-$3.5 million)
29. St. Louis Rams: $875 million ($21.1 million)
30. Buffalo Bills: $870 million ($12.6 million)
31. Jacksonville Jaguars: $840 million ($15.5 million)
32. Oakland Raiders: $825 million ($19.1 million)
beer72 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to beer72 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (08-15-2013)
Old 08-15-2013, 08:44 PM   #2
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter
 
Vis's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SC
Posts: 7,589
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5117
Thanks: 606
Thanked 4,697 Times in 2,368 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: How are the steelers??

__________________


All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vis For This Useful Post:
vasteeler (08-15-2013)
Old 08-15-2013, 08:44 PM   #3
vasteeler
Team President
 
vasteeler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: richmond va
Posts: 2,370
Gender: Male
Member Number: 3341
Thanks: 766
Thanked 1,050 Times in 419 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: How are the steelers??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
vasteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:46 PM   #4
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter
 
Atlanta Dan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,377
Member Number: 728
Thanks: 2,001
Thanked 6,358 Times in 2,912 Posts
Default Re: How are the steelers??

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer72 View Post
14 on the forbes list?

A new Forbes report indicates just how profitable the NFL has become. According to the study the average NFL team is worth $1.17 billion, and the most valuable team, the Dallas Cowboys, are worth an astounding $2.3 billion.

In that respect, it may be surprising to hear that not every NFL franchise operated at a surplus in 2012. In fact one team lost money.

Forbes reported that the Detroit Lions, who were valued at $900 million and took in $248 million in revenue last year, posted a loss of $3.5 million last year.

This isn't the first time the Lions have lost money, or happened to be the only NFL franchise to do so. Under Forbes' formula, the Lions have lost money each of the last four seasons.

The Lions don't release financial information, so it's impossible to know exactly why the team has operated at a loss, but as Kevin Seifert of ESPN points out there are several possible explanations. For one, the team is still burdened by its share of the construction cost of Ford Field (upwards of $350 million).

The Lions, who have big-name players like Matthew Stafford, Calvin Johnson and Ndamukong Suh, also had the highest player payroll in the NFL last year ($118 million).

It's interesting to note that even though the Lions lost $3.5 million, they were still better off than the NHL champion Chicago Blackhawks. The Blackhawks, one of the NHL's Original Six teams and its wire-to-wire best squad in the 2013 season, were an estimated $10 million to $20 million in the red last year.

Below is the complete list of NFL franchise values and, in parenthesis, each team's operating income from 2012:

1. Dallas Cowboys: $2.3 billion ($250.7 million)
2. New England Patriots: $1.8 billion ($139.2 million)
3. Washington Redskins: $1.7 billion ($104.3 million)
4. New York Giants: $1.55 billion ($64.4 million)
5. Houston Texans: $1.45 billion ($81.5 million)
6. New York Jets: $1.38 billion ($52.8 million)
7. Philadelphia Eagles: $1.314 billion ($47.8 million)
8. Chicago Bears: $1.252 billion ($63.2 million)
9. Baltimore Ravens: $1.227 billion ($48.3 million)
10. San Francisco 49ers: $1.224 billion ($10.2 million)
11. Indianapolis Colts: $1.2 billion ($65 million)
12. Green Bay Packers: $1.183 billion ($54.3 million)
13. Denver Broncos: $1.161 billion ($31.7 million)
14. Pittsburgh Steelers: $1.118 billion ($28.3 million)
15. Seattle Seahawks: $1.081 billion ($28.2 million)
16. Miami Dolphins: $1.074 billion ($24.8 million)
17. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: $1.067 billion ($2.2 million)
18. Carolina Panthers: $1.057 billion ($28.9 million)
19. Tennessee Titans: $1.055 billion ($40 million)
20. Kansas City Chiefs: $1.009 billion ($15 million)
21. Minnesota Vikings: $1.007 billion ($28 million)
22. Cleveland Browns: $1.005 billion ($17.1 million)
23. New Orleans Saints: $1.004 billion ($22.2 million)
24. Arizona Cardinals: $961 million ($9.7 million)
25. San Diego Chargers: $949 million ($30.4 million)
26. Atlanta Falcons: $933 million ($18.5 million)
27. Cincinnati Bengals: $924 million ($37.3 million)
28. Detroit Lions: $900 million (-$3.5 million)
29. St. Louis Rams: $875 million ($21.1 million)
30. Buffalo Bills: $870 million ($12.6 million)
31. Jacksonville Jaguars: $840 million ($15.5 million)
32. Oakland Raiders: $825 million ($19.1 million)
It is all about your stadium deal - bottom 4 teams are looking to move while the Cowboys and Redskins have great cash flow from their stadium operations
__________________
The Internet and the Twitterverse, which is the Internet on crystal meth is a marvelous environment for raising up an unthinking mob.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:46 PM   #5
Goldsteel86
Head Coach
Supporter
 
Goldsteel86's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,515
Member Number: 16432
Thanks: 425
Thanked 975 Times in 551 Posts
Default Re: How are the steelers??

Ummm, the only lists I care about is Wins and Losses and Super Bowl rings, could care less where they rank as far as revenue and B.S.goes, sorry! The Rooney's are intelligent men and the Steelers will always generate revenue, but at the end of the day it is all about generating Super Bowl rings for this guy!
Goldsteel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:49 PM   #6
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter
 
Atlanta Dan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,377
Member Number: 728
Thanks: 2,001
Thanked 6,358 Times in 2,912 Posts
Default Re: How are the steelers??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldsteel86 View Post
Ummm, the only lists I care about is Wins and Losses and Super Bowl rings, could care less where they rank as far as revenue and B.S.goes, sorry! The Rooney's are intelligent men and the Steelers will always generate revenue, but at the end of the day it is all about generating Super Bowl rings for this guy!
The Rooneys were not generating adequate revenue in the 1990s and muscled the State Legislature for a taxpayer subsidized stadium. As a Georgia resident many thanks for increasing taxes in Pennsylvania to help out the Rooney family and keeping the Steelers competitive
__________________
The Internet and the Twitterverse, which is the Internet on crystal meth is a marvelous environment for raising up an unthinking mob.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:52 PM   #7
Goldsteel86
Head Coach
Supporter
 
Goldsteel86's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,515
Member Number: 16432
Thanks: 425
Thanked 975 Times in 551 Posts
Default Re: How are the steelers??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
The Rooneys were not generating adequate revenue in the 1990s and muscled the State Legislature for a taxpayer subsidized stadium. As a Georgia resident many thanks for increasing taxes in Pennsylvania to help out the Rooney family and keeping the Steelers competitive
Hell they can tax my paycheck if it means another Super Bowl ring!!!!!
Goldsteel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts