Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers > Game Reporter

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 08-29-2013, 10:15 PM   #181
GMU Steeler
Team Owner

Member Number: 16173
Default Re: Week 4 PS Gameday thread: Steelers @ Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
I thought he showed steady improvement throughout the preseason. Too bad it's ended with the second half of this game. I wish there was one more game so he could get right back in there, but maybe living with this finish will make him work harder over the next year.
He can still learn. I'd honestly be curious in seeing Tom Brady's stats from 2000. It's my understanding that Belichick was either to go with Brady or Tim Rattay. Not saying that Jones is the new Brady or that he'll even be a starter but I'm not going to condemn the kid to failure over one lackluster preseason.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GMU Steeler For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (08-29-2013)
Old 08-29-2013, 10:20 PM   #182
Neil-Still-Rules-14
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1048

Well, with the Rams beating the Ravens, the only other team that will finish 0-4 is Atlanta. Good company I suppose?
Neil-Still-Rules-14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Neil-Still-Rules-14 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (08-29-2013)
Old 08-29-2013, 10:21 PM   #183
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,505 Times in 1,580 Posts
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil-Still-Rules-14 View Post
Just calculated, that's a 53.09 Rate. Yikes.
Not very good, but he's a rookie third-stringer. I think he'll have a better preseason next year and have the #2 spot locked up in the future.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:50 PM   #184
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,505 Times in 1,580 Posts
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
Not true IMO.

These were real and legitimate regular season results after real and legitimate preseason games. It's data that can be analyzed and interpreted.

What's the basis for totally dismissing the results? Because it's preseason?

Not trying to be argumentative here but I don't buy the "no worries" approach.

.500 was the best record.

There's a pattern there for sure.
Also, I recall the Lions winning all preseason games and losing all 16 games in the regular season. Hell, I remember the Raiders going 3-1 in the preseason in 2006 or 2007 and finishing the season 2-14. Couple that with the Colts going 0-4 in the 2005 preseason and winning 13 straight games in the regular season, and no, i'm not worried at all. We have a lot of young players on the field the preseason, and the team looked good in game 3 (the only one that matters).

Also, contrary to popular belief, the 1982 Redskins won the Super Bowl after going winless in the preseason, and the 1990 Bills and 2000 Giants made it to the Super Bowl after going winless.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:56 PM   #185
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,531 Times in 2,346 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

this result doesn't surprise me. if anything, i liked seeing the young talent flash potential (mostly moye) and felix jones looks like a good pickup and may be a keeper.

also the carolina players that played today, were stacked with ex-starter veterans, while we're playing guys who haven't sniffed a single nfl start.

we're going into the season with our starting lineup healthy, and that's a great thing considering what happened the last few years.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:39 AM   #186
IowaSteeler927
Head Coach

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 1,724 Times in 805 Posts
My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
this result doesn't surprise me. if anything, i liked seeing the young talent flash potential (mostly moye) and felix jones looks like a good pickup and may be a keeper.

also the carolina players that played today, were stacked with ex-starter veterans, while we're playing guys who haven't sniffed a single nfl start.

we're going into the season with our starting lineup healthy, and that's a great thing considering what happened the last few years.
I was just talking with a buddy who is a Cowboys fan. Really Felix Jones is a talented guy. Has injury issues, but he played behind a lackluster offensive line in Dallas. The Cowboys keep trying to fix all their issues by getting new running backs instead of fixing the offensive line. That's why they've gone through Marion Barber, Felix Jones, Tashard Choice, and are now working on wasting Demarco Murray. I think Jones was an excellent pickup in a trade for a backup linebacker. He's got good speed, good vision, and I think he can be an asset to this team. The only reason I don't think he stuck with the Eagles is because they have Shady McCoy, Bryce Brown, and Chris Polk. It's a bit of a crowded backfield in Philly. Ours is too but I think I like Felix Jones over Stephens-Howling. With time I might even like him better than Dwyer or Redman.
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote