Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-05-2013, 12:48 PM   #21
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky
Default Re: I just remembered something on our first game against the Ravens...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Never said he won with Singletaries team. I said that we can judge his ability as a coach when he ultimately loses some of the guys who are on their now due to the cap. Tomlin has shown he can but Jim hasn't yet.

Jim is a good coach, no one is arguing that. To say he's better than Tomlin when he hasn't accomplished anything Tomlin has is silly.

Also, did you forget that John almost had a mutiny earlier this year with his own players? That screams great coach to me.
Tomlin showed he can? Please bro, the steelers have consistently gotten weaker every season under Tomlin. If ur happy with 8-8 and shitty discipline then good for you.

Almost had a mutiny? Ha ha man. Perennial playoff coach, multiple afc championship appearances and and most recently a superbowl win with 98% of his own players. John built and coaches his own team. Dude went from a special teams coach to a superbowl winning head coach and has nothing but success doing it. An "almost mutiny" is a pathetic argument on your behalf. Tomlin has had locker room issues as well. He couldn't even get a second year wide receiver to act like he should. Problems with a vet RB, not to mention the reoccuring highschool mistakes and penalties the team has been making and can't seem to correct. Tomlins good for his age but harbaugh is waaaay better.

Like I said. Be happy with 8-8 and the other seasons Tomlin had that fell apart in the second half of the season. Tomlin ain't as good as u think man. Take the blinders off bro.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:14 PM   #22
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,080 Times in 4,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millers the sh!t View Post
Tomlin showed he can? Please bro, the steelers have consistently gotten weaker every season under Tomlin. If ur happy with 8-8 and shitty discipline then good for you.

Almost had a mutiny? Ha ha man. Perennial playoff coach, multiple afc championship appearances and and most recently a superbowl win with 98% of his own players. John built and coaches his own team. Dude went from a special teams coach to a superbowl winning head coach and has nothing but success doing it. An "almost mutiny" is a pathetic argument on your behalf. Tomlin has had locker room issues as well. He couldn't even get a second year wide receiver to act like he should. Problems with a vet RB, not to mention the reoccuring highschool mistakes and penalties the team has been making and can't seem to correct. Tomlins good for his age but harbaugh is waaaay better.

Like I said. Be happy with 8-8 and the other seasons Tomlin had that fell apart in the second half of the season. Tomlin ain't as good as u think man. Take the blinders off bro.
After that classic first line you lost all credibility. But, I read the rest of it for a laugh.

It's a weak argument? I guess facts are a weak argument.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-ravens-mutiny

"Consistently weaker" means 5-3 in the postseason and 3-0 against Harbaugh in the playoffs?

I guess there's no reasoning with crazy. I mean, you are using the "COWHER'S PLAYERS" argument which means that it's completely well thought out and not at all ridiculous or asinine.

The worst part about all of this is I'm not even sure if you're serious here. If you're trolling it's excellent. If you're not, there's an article on Deadspin you should read about how every other fan in the NFL hates Steelers fans because we're spoiled assholes and bitch about Tomlin. You're essentially saying Harbaugh is a better coach than Mike even though he can't win against him. That's completely lucid.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
Confounding Factor (09-05-2013), teegre (09-05-2013)
Old 09-05-2013, 01:46 PM   #23
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky

Maybe u missed the last four games. 1-3 against John.

If ur disagreeing with tomlins team getting weaker every year then what ur saying is that it's exactly the same or better than when he took over???

Take off the blinders. I'm done arguing with you. Ur argument is weak and holds no water.

Bye
Old 09-05-2013, 02:44 PM   #24
Confounding Factor
Team Captain

Member Number: 25099
My Mood: Worried

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post
John Harbaugh was one hail mary freaking pass away from not getting that Lamar Hunt Trophy yet again. That was just incredibly dumb luck and Denver's karma for doing it to us the season before. I still think the Super Bowls are rigged sometimes so players who are retiring go out with a ring. All they have ever done is slobber over Ray Lewis even though his skills disappeared about 5 years ago.
I don't know if that fumble by Bettis to dash the storybook ending was rigged and BB making the tackle of his life.

Could you imagine if that was the end of his career on that fumble? He would never have lived it down.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:13 PM   #25
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 23,018 Times in 9,393 Posts
My Mood: Dead

I'm waiting for sloppyjoe to enter this thread, and comment on the color of Tomlin's skin.

Until then, Canada, keep it up.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (09-05-2013), Confounding Factor (09-06-2013), harrison'samonster (09-05-2013), pczach (09-05-2013), SteelersCanada (09-05-2013)
Old 09-05-2013, 03:15 PM   #26
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 23,018 Times in 9,393 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
people want Harbaughs over Tomlin because they remind them of Cowher with his early years' sideline antics and emotional speeches

Tomlin is closer to Emperor Noll than most people realize - start blaming fat cats and not the coaches

Who on this board thinks Pete Carroll was a great coach before Marshawn Lynch and Russell Wilson? Now he is one of "the best and brightest"

Great players make great coaches

Before either Harbaugh made it to the Super Bowl, neither could hold Tomlin's jock in the eyes of Steelers fans

just keep in mind they didn't have to face the Steelers and the last time we played them they 1. Barely beat us with Leftwich and 2. Lost to us with Charlie Batch.

Again, the 5-3/6-3 Steelers of last season who beat the defending champs Giants were not a team the Ravens wanted to face in the playoffs

injuries, blah, blah, blah - just watch the Ravens lose tonight
This sums up my thoughts... especially the part about beating them with Batch and almost beating them with Leftwich... and the part about 6-3 and no one wanting a piece of the Steelers... and, well, it's all awesome.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (09-05-2013), Confounding Factor (09-05-2013), harrison'samonster (09-05-2013)
Old 09-05-2013, 03:41 PM   #27
pczach
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24694
Thanked 9,088 Times in 3,549 Posts
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
I'm waiting for sloppyjoe to enter this thread, and comment on the color of Tomlin's skin.

Until then, Canada, keep it up.
Unfortunately, there are some things in life you could always count on.....
pczach is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pczach For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (09-05-2013), harrison'samonster (09-05-2013)
Old 09-05-2013, 05:38 PM   #28
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

If Harbaugh starts being a d bag all Tomlin has to say is "don't make me call Charlie Batch".
Old 09-05-2013, 09:25 PM   #29
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millers the sh!t View Post
Maybe u missed the last four games. 1-3 against John.

If ur disagreeing with tomlins team getting weaker every year then what ur saying is that it's exactly the same or better than when he took over???

Take off the blinders. I'm done arguing with you. Ur argument is weak and holds no water.

Bye
Sorry to have to point this out to you, but Tomlin took over an 8-8 team, then went 10-6 the next year, and won a SB the next.

John Harbaugh's team of "mostly his guys" was on its way to the bottom at midseason last year following a 3 game skid and losing to Charlie Batch. Ray Lewis saved their year for them and deer antler juice took them to the SB.

Last I checked, John Harbaugh did not draft Ed Reed, or Ray Lewis-- the two biggest reasons they won it all last year. But I guess the "winning with some other coach's team" only applies to Mike Tomlin?