Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2013, 12:29 AM   #21
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,476
Member Number: 18585
Thanks: 14
Thanked 40 Times in 30 Posts
Default Re: Steelers Le'Veon Bell says he's aiming to play by Week 2 vs. Bengals

The Steelers won the Super Bowl with Mewelde Moore and Justin Hartwig. I'll take the 2-0 start, please.
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steelersfan87 For This Useful Post:
Bayz101 (09-06-2013)
Old 09-06-2013, 02:11 PM   #22
CNEW
Starter
 

Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 596
Member Number: 25021
Thanks: 247
Thanked 772 Times in 379 Posts
Default Re: Steelers Le'Veon Bell says he's aiming to play by Week 2 vs. Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
If rather go 0-2 and have Bell for the rest of the season, than go 2-0 and have him miss the rest of the season.
If we go 0-2 there wont be a rest of the season. That's my point. Going 0-2 means we have to win 10 of our next fourteen to be in a legitimate chance for the playoffs. It is extremely difficult to do.
CNEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:06 PM   #23
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 13,430
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 17,732
Thanked 18,789 Times in 7,929 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Steelers Le'Veon Bell says he's aiming to play by Week 2 vs. Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNEW View Post
If we go 0-2 there wont be a rest of the season. That's my point. Going 0-2 means we have to win 10 of our next fourteen to be in a legitimate chance for the playoffs. It is extremely difficult to do.
I hear you, but let me counter with:
It just about as difficult to win eight of the next fourteen without one's starting RB.

Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarczi View Post
The Steelers won the Super Bowl with Mewelde Moore and Justin Hartwig. I'll take the 2-0 start, please.
If that's the case, then why are you worried about him being in there for the first two games at all??? If the RB doesn't matter, if the Steelers have just as much chance of winning the first two games with or without him... then, as I originally said, rest him.

In other words, either way, resting him makes the most sense.
teegre is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (09-06-2013)
Old 09-06-2013, 03:25 PM   #24
Lady Steel
Living Legend
Supporter
 
Lady Steel's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 4,161
Gender: Female
Member Number: 16396
Thanks: 13,902
Thanked 5,292 Times in 2,056 Posts
My Mood: Angelic
Default Re: Steelers Le'Veon Bell says he's aiming to play by Week 2 vs. Bengals

Okay, Week 2. Gotcha. In the meantime, go LaRod! I'm really looking forward to watching the Johnstown boy.
Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Steel For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (09-06-2013)
Old 09-06-2013, 04:15 PM   #25
CNEW
Starter
 

Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 596
Member Number: 25021
Thanks: 247
Thanked 772 Times in 379 Posts
Default Re: Steelers Le'Veon Bell says he's aiming to play by Week 2 vs. Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
I hear you, but let me counter with:
It just about as difficult to win eight of the next fourteen without one's starting RB.

Right?



If that's the case, then why are you worried about him being in there for the first two games at all??? If the RB doesn't matter, if the Steelers have just as much chance of winning the first two games with or without him... then, as I originally said, rest him.

In other words, either way, resting him makes the most sense.
Fair enough. Though I'd say if he's good to go at 85% or 90% he's got to play. He can rest at the bye week. We need all the help we can get offensively, I would like to see Ben with some talent around him for once.
CNEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:30 PM   #26
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,476
Member Number: 18585
Thanks: 14
Thanked 40 Times in 30 Posts
Default Re: Steelers Le'Veon Bell says he's aiming to play by Week 2 vs. Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
If that's the case, then why are you worried about him being in there for the first two games at all??? If the RB doesn't matter, if the Steelers have just as much chance of winning the first two games with or without him... then, as I originally said, rest him.

In other words, either way, resting him makes the most sense.
Hmm...don't believe I said I was worried. The Steelers can win with Isaac Redman. I think he's a better back than a lot of people realize. But there's no reason to hold Bell out longer than necessary. Whenever he's ready to play, I say play him. I just don't think he single-handedly is going to be the difference between wins and losses.
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:00 PM   #27
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 13,430
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 17,732
Thanked 18,789 Times in 7,929 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Steelers Le'Veon Bell says he's aiming to play by Week 2 vs. Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarczi View Post
Hmm...don't believe I said I was worried. The Steelers can win with Isaac Redman. I think he's a better back than a lot of people realize. But there's no reason to hold Bell out longer than necessary. Whenever he's ready to play, I say play him. I just don't think he single-handedly is going to be the difference between wins and losses.
RE-CAP

CNEW said that Bell should to play, if the Steelers lose game one.

I averred that I'd rather go with Redman (even if the Steelers "risk" going 0-2).

You said that you agreed with CNEW (play Bell)... and now... you say that you agree with me (play Redman).

Huh???

Make up your mind. Can they or can't they win with Redman?
teegre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:25 AM   #28
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,476
Member Number: 18585
Thanks: 14
Thanked 40 Times in 30 Posts
Default Re: Steelers Le'Veon Bell says he's aiming to play by Week 2 vs. Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
RE-CAP

CNEW said that Bell should to play, if the Steelers lose game one.

I averred that I'd rather go with Redman (even if the Steelers "risk" going 0-2).

You said that you agreed with CNEW (play Bell)... and now... you say that you agree with me (play Redman).

Huh???

Make up your mind. Can they or can't they win with Redman?
I never agreed or disagreed with anything CNEW said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
If rather go 0-2 and have Bell for the rest of the season, than go 2-0 and have him miss the rest of the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarczi View Post
The Steelers won the Super Bowl with Mewelde Moore and Justin Hartwig. I'll take the 2-0 start, please.
Maybe I missed some earlier context or something and that's where the confusion lies, but I was only responding directly to your statement that I quoted, that you'd rather start the season 0-2 and have Bell than start the season 2-0 and not have him. Two games is an eighth of the season, and I don't think Bell is worth trying to make up that deficit in the hypothetical you offered.
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:29 AM   #29
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 13,430
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 17,732
Thanked 18,789 Times in 7,929 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Steelers Le'Veon Bell says he's aiming to play by Week 2 vs. Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarczi View Post
I never agreed or disagreed with anything CNEW said:

Maybe I missed some earlier context or something and that's where the confusion lies, but I was only responding directly to your statement that I quoted, that you'd rather start the season 0-2 and have Bell than start the season 2-0 and not have him. Two games is an eighth of the season, and I don't think Bell is worth trying to make up that deficit in the hypothetical you offered.
It sounds like you jumped into the middle of a discussion, looked at only one portion, and then responded to only that one portion.

Now you know the whole story.
teegre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:42 AM   #30
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,476
Member Number: 18585
Thanks: 14
Thanked 40 Times in 30 Posts
Default Re: Steelers Le'Veon Bell says he's aiming to play by Week 2 vs. Bengals

That is true, but to be fair the hypothetical you provided didn't need context.
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts