Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 09-08-2013, 09:12 PM   #171
zcoop
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 20513
Default Re: Fire Todd Haley!!!!!

We don't need to fire Haley, he just needs to mix this offense up a bit.
zcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zcoop For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (09-08-2013)
Old 09-08-2013, 10:28 PM   #172
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 11,119 Times in 4,701 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

Deion Sanders takes shot at Todd Haley

September 9th, 2013
Mark Kaboly | Tribune-Review

If it wasn’t bad enough that the Steelers offense was non-existent in a 16-9 loss to Tennessee Sunday afternoon, now a Hall-of-Famer is calling out offensive coordinator Todd Haley.

NFL Network analyst and co-host of NFL Gameday highlight show Deion Sanders put the majority of Sunday’s lackluster offensive performance by the Steelers on Haley.

“I am not concerned about the Steelers because of Mike Tomlin,” Sanders said. “(However,) I am concerned about their rushing attack (and) offensive coordinator Todd Haley. It seems as if every place he goes, this happens.”

There’s no denying that the Steelers offense looked out of sync and out of ideas by the second half, but putting the blame on Haley alone isn’t fair, and isn’t necessarily a correct place to put it.

Was it Haley’s fault that Isaac Redman fumbled what could’ve been a game-changing play into the end zone in the first quarter?

Was it Haley’s fault that Emmanuel Sanders dropped a pair of key passes?

And most of all, was it Haley’s fault that the offensive line that was provided to him by Tomlin and the front office couldn’t block anybody?

Let’s face it, Haley was very limited in what he could call because of the offensive line. Break down what you want, but it is truly that simple.

You can’t call a run play if there are no holes.

You can’t call a pass play if your quarterback keeps getting hammered.

I am sure there is enough blame to go around for this loss to the Titans, but Haley is way down on that list in my eyes.

http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/..._7U1R8.twitter
Hawaii 5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:08 AM   #173
ZoneBlitzer
Head Coach

Member Number: 16775
My Mood: Doubtful

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcoop View Post
We don't need to fire Haley, he just needs to mix this offense up a bit.
Being creative would go along way.

Do things like alter the tempo to keep their minds in the game.
Try early snaps, change the count. Put receivers in motion.
Run your best running plays, the ones where your line blocks the best. Just do it to see if they can stop it. If they do, take it outside and run off tackle or...

Throw on first down. Just come out throwing to loosen up the D for the run. Keep them guessing. Keep your own team guessing.

I liken it to an energy line in hockey. The line that sets the emotional and physical tone. Their usually stacked with hard working grinders who'll just give 'er to get 'er done.

THAT'S the attitude this Steelers offense needs. They're just not capable of executing straight up in a clinical manner. They don't have the smarts or attention to detail for that.
They need to play with fire, a sense of urgency, to fire up the crowd and lead their team.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:24 AM   #174
Rileyfactor
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 25179

Was it Haleys fault that Ben gave a high handoff to the RB in the redzone? Its funny how everyone blames Wiz, Arians, haley, the line and we seldom blame the quarterback. Oh by the way, we have been a low scoring team in the whole Roethlisberger era. Lastly, isnt it ironic that Brady and Manning go through new OC after new OC, new system after new system and they dont miss a beat. Why is that? Why arent there fans blaming the OC year after year?

The correct quote by Sanders was "I DONT KNOW ABOUT OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR AND BIG BEN"
Rileyfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rileyfactor For This Useful Post:
Galax Steeler (09-09-2013)
Old 09-09-2013, 04:24 AM   #175
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

When do the alibi's and excuses end?

Fire Haley!

Haley carries the stink of losing around with him like Pigpen and his cloud of dust. How stupid do you have to be to design a running offense in a passing league?

I blame the F.O. too for trying to "Teach Ben a lesson" by firing Arians

and you can blame Pouncey's injury on Haley too - that zone blocking bullshit which is just another way of calling for cheap cut block shots at opponents knees - well that concept backfired too
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fire Haley For This Useful Post:
Confounding Factor (09-09-2013)
Old 09-09-2013, 06:34 AM   #176
Confounding Factor
Team Captain

Member Number: 25099
My Mood: Worried

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
When do the alibi's and excuses end?

Fire Haley!

Haley carries the stink of losing around with him like Pigpen and his cloud of dust. How stupid do you have to be to design a running offense in a passing league?

I blame the F.O. too for trying to "Teach Ben a lesson" by firing Arians

and you can blame Pouncey's injury on Haley too - that zone blocking bullshit which is just another way of calling for cheap cut block shots at opponents knees - well that concept backfired too
Old 09-09-2013, 09:15 AM   #177
★FALCON★
Banned

Member Number: 25197

First time poster here.

Yesterday's game had to be the worst I think I have ever seen. And I expected it after that miserable pre-season.

When is Trayvon Tomlin ever going to take any responsibility for this terrible team? I think they have been getting progressively worse since the last Super-Bowl loss. This just isn't an acceptable product.

If Trayvon Tomlin doesn't fire Haley - I think he'll be fired himself. Right now he has a scapegoat in Haley, but that won't last long if the horrendous play continues.

Lastly, another terrible press conference after the game. I wanted to throw a brick through my idiot box. So tired of Trayvon Tomlin's antics and unprofessional demeanor.
★FALCON★ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:23 AM   #178
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Supporter

Member Number: 17947
Thanked 2,437 Times in 873 Posts
My Mood: Twisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by ★FALCON★ View Post
First time poster here.

Yesterday's game had to be the worst I think I have ever seen. And I expected it after that miserable pre-season.

When is Trayvon Tomlin ever going to take any responsibility for this terrible team? I think they have been getting progressively worse since the last Super-Bowl loss. This just isn't an acceptable product.

If Trayvon Tomlin doesn't fire Haley - I think he'll be fired himself. Right now he has a scapegoat in Haley, but that won't last long if the horrendous play continues.

Lastly, another terrible press conference after the game. I wanted to throw a brick through my idiot box. So tired of Trayvon Tomlin's antics and unprofessional demeanor.

Not sure what you're trying to get at with calling him Trayvon...
Old 09-09-2013, 11:06 AM   #179
dustydusky
Water Boy

Member Number: 18362

Haley is one of the worst coordinators in the league...the only problem is it may be too late to fire him! How can you just bring in a new coordinator suddenly and teach everybody the system that quick?
dustydusky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:08 AM   #180
South Burgh
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 25207

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokki View Post
Not sure what you're trying to get at with calling him Trayvon...
Seems racist to me. Sure, Tomlin is being exposed as a bum. But, there is no need to attack him for being African American.
South Burgh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to South Burgh For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (09-11-2013), teegre (09-11-2013)