Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 06-21-2006, 09:45 AM   #311
MNsteelers
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 841
Default Re: Trash Talking Fans Revel in Misfortune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
I can see this is going to be quite an in depth debate - one where I am presumably supposed to map out to you why I should be able to slate someone producing a poor written, ill thought out piece of 'journalism'

I am not overly familiar with the work of Dr. Friday - hence my comment was "Dr Friday sounds like a poor mans Dr Phil" - I am quite simply saying that this article appeared to have been written by a 12 year old with new found access to internet message boards.

To sum up, I have seen one article written by him and it was cr*p.

I pointed out that my opinion does not carry as much expectation as his, because I am not being paid to publish my thoughts - I am merely a resident on an internet message forum - he is allegedly the owner of PhD.

If I choose to label Dr Fridays article as one an imbecile might be expected to write, that is exactly what I am going to do.

Are you seriously sitting there thinking that I am going to be swayed by your mix of belligerent sarcasm and high minded opinion?

I hope the comment about my 'stars' isn't a sign of some sort of rep-envy - maybe Dr Paul could help you out with that?

If you want to get any further response from me you should probably tell me why you have taken such offense to something I wrote about a media figure, that I can only presume is not directly related to you.

You attitude is weird on this one, maybe you can explain why?

NM
I wouldn't say calling you out because you can't seem to get your facts straight is "weird." But I need to point out another error of yours. Dr. Friday did not write that article. He was quoted. Considering you posted the column, I would assume you noticed another person's name next to the "By" part in the beginning.

And no, I'm not trying to sway you to do anything. I'm just pointing out the annoyance of people like yourself who post things with little to no real understanding of the subject.

It doesn't look like I'm the only one doing this to you, either. You hit the nail on the head, though. I'm insane with jealousy over your stars that indicate the amount of time you spend on a web site of a team you don't root for. That makes sense.
MNsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 09:46 AM   #312
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNsteelers
I wouldn't say calling you out because you can't seem to get your facts straight is "weird." But I need to point out another error of yours. Dr. Friday did not write that article. He was quoted. Considering you posted the column, I would assume you noticed another person's name next to the "By" part in the beginning.

And no, I'm not trying to sway you to do anything. I'm just pointing out the annoyance of people like yourself who post things with little to no real understanding of the subject.

It doesn't look like I'm the only one doing this to you, either. You hit the nail on the head, though. I'm insane with jealousy over your stars that indicate the amount of time you spend on a web site of a team you don't root for. That makes sense.
dont sweat this guy mnsteeler he is a dick
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 10:08 AM   #313
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNsteelers

Maybe you need to do a quick check of the facts.

1. I did not post the column.

2. Dr Friday may not have written the whole column but I found the 'quotes' he was responsible for to be asinine and obvious.

Im sure it hasn't gone unnoticed that I am the only person who holds this view you have chosen to take umbrage with - anything to do with the helmet you so cleverly pointed out that my avatar contains?

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 10:52 AM   #314
Steel12
Banned

Member Number: 2397

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARKIESTEEL
I was at that game
I was at that game too...drove from Colorado. I actually had decent seats too.
Steel12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 04:05 PM   #315
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past

I'm wondering what some of the guys think of your behaviour on here - here you are continually harrassing me even though I dont even give you a second thought.

NM
Thank you for "not giving me a second thought" by writing this very wordy POS response which, as usual, proves my point for me...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 11:12 PM   #316
donald60
Banned

Member Number: 2545

Your Stealers still stink and were lucky to win the S.B.
donald60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 11:15 PM   #317
BBC
Team Captain

Member Number: 2109

Quote:
Originally Posted by donald60
Welcome to the site, way to make an impression.

Are you from CincyBengals by any chance?
BBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 05:04 AM   #318
donald60
Banned

Member Number: 2545

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalforlife
Here we go again, another guy that lumps people all together. The only thing that sucks is your narrow minded brain.
That is one UGLY dog.
donald60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 06:31 PM   #319
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
Yeah, I guess EL throwing that ball to HINES was pure luck. Oh wait, Parker pulling off that 75 yard run was luck too. Or how about our defense coming up with key plays at the right time - luck?

Dude get a grip on reality! The Steelers and their fans are tops in the league! So what ever pathetic rivalry or never will win one team you came from, return yourself, and come back when you can talk football (at least somewhat intelligently - then you could talk to clowns fans)!
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 02:15 PM   #320
SteelersMongol
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2401

Quote:
That is one UGLY dog.
Hey you guys, maybe we should leave this little boy alone. I think he had some rough times, like childhood abuse, school bullies, and etc. Best way to deal might be just to ignore them so they can go home and cry in the corner of their bedroom. Even just saying "Hi", "Bye", "Get out", or "Shush" is too much attention that he never got even from his own mother.