Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 10-05-2013, 09:58 AM   #11
NJarhead
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter

Member Number: 1932
Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,324 Posts
My Mood: Inspired
Default Re: Steelers fans need lesson in losing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelstoned1972 View Post
Ya know what , I fully expect the masses to pile upon us and bury us in laughter , mocking , and shame.
That's what happens when your team has been the envy and disdain of most of the nation for the last 30 -40 years.

Bring the hate , bring the bashing. I don't give a flying fuck .

We will be back !
I was getting my nuts busted by some Seahawks fans (friends - all good folks). But my retort was, "I'm not sure how to handle this. Could one of you more experienced losers maybe counsel me a bit?"

43Hitman (10-05-2013), Buddha Bus (10-13-2013), harrison'samonster (10-05-2013), Lady Steel (10-05-2013), pczach (10-05-2013), SteelCity4Life (10-07-2013)
Old 10-05-2013, 10:09 AM   #12
Steel_Bus_24
Team Owner

Member Number: 2886
Thanked 1,251 Times in 610 Posts

yeah f**** you too buddy. How long have you had that stored up inside you douchebag.

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Steel_Bus_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steel_Bus_24 For This Useful Post:
pczach (10-05-2013)
Old 10-05-2013, 10:25 AM   #13
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,927 Times in 779 Posts

The reactions to our recent failures are coming in harshly because these haters lived in misery for so long that they want us to share that said misery. They know the Steelers organization doesn't stay down for long, so the pests will be heard in droves until going right back down underneath the rock they came from. It's all white noise.

I watched the 'Stain's Thursday Night game VS the Bills. Mike Mayock said something that's telling:

"I spent the week in Cleveland and I don't know what this city enjoys more; that their football team is winning football games or that the Pittsburgh Steelers are 0-4. I honestly don't know what they enjoy better."
Lady Steel (10-05-2013), pczach (10-05-2013)
Old 10-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #14
Steelstoned1972
UNLEASHING HELL SINCE '72
Supporter

Member Number: 16903
Thanked 2,981 Times in 1,708 Posts
My Mood: Psychedelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarDen86 View Post
I was getting my nuts busted by some Seahawks fans (friends - all good folks). But my retort was, "I'm not sure how to handle this. Could one of you more experienced losers maybe counsel me a bit?"

I LIVE IN BROWNS country so I get little sympathy lol. However , they haven't busted my ballz too bad yet cause I still think they are not sure how to handle winning...or they fear the walls will close in before the season is out.

Now , if they woop our asses this season then I expect to be eating a lot of shit sandwiches. I prob deserve it for hounding my friends that our browns fans !
harrison'samonster (10-05-2013), pczach (10-05-2013), StainlessStill (10-05-2013), SteelCity4Life (10-07-2013)
Old 10-05-2013, 11:46 AM   #15
yinzersally
Water Boy

Member Number: 8189

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
The reactions to our recent failures are coming in harshly because these haters lived in misery for so long that they want us to share that said misery. They know the Steelers organization doesn't stay down for long, so the pests will be heard in droves until going right back down underneath the rock they came from. It's all white noise.

I watched the 'Stain's Thursday Night game VS the Bills. Mike Mayock said something that's telling:

"I spent the week in Cleveland and I don't know what this city enjoys more; that their football team is winning football games or that the Pittsburgh Steelers are 0-4. I honestly don't know what they enjoy better."
As a Browns fan, I must say, we do enjoy both IMMENSELY. thank you.
yinzersally is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yinzersally For This Useful Post:
SkipBayless69 (10-05-2013)
Old 10-05-2013, 11:58 AM   #16
FanSince72
Team Owner

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,844 Times in 794 Posts

On Saturday, December 10, 1983 I sat in my local watering hole and watched Terry Bradshaw throw a TD pass to Calvin Sweeny in the back of the end zone to go up 14 -0 on the Jets.

It was first play of the 2nd Quarter and just the 8th pass Bradshaw threw that day and it was already his second TD pass.

It was also the last pass he'd ever throw as a pro football QB.

Afterward, I saw him standing on the sidelines with an ice pack the size of a bowling ball wrapped around his right elbow as he watched Cliff Stoudt finish the game (we won 34-7) and I remember thinking that it was officially the end of an era and the end of a team the likes of which no one had ever seen before and probably would never see again.

After that day and for the next ten years or so, it watched a mixture of names I'd never heard before, I watched names I knew well disappear and a watched a procession of QB's with names like Stoudt, Malone, Woodley, Blackledge and some guy named Bubby never come close to doing in an entire season what Bradshaw seemed to be able to do in just a single game.

Believe me, those ten years were one big lesson in losing that I hope I never have to live through again.

We'll see...
harrison'samonster (10-05-2013)
Old 10-05-2013, 12:00 PM   #17
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinzersally View Post
I accept that people will give the Steelers a nice beating while they're down. Judging by their recent performances, it's well deserved. BUT, lets get real. Everybody knows the Steelers and their organization doesn't stay down for too long, so haters, get your haymakers in now. I trust our ownership to get us back to the top in a few short years, not 49 say like...Cleveland

Watch out, Cleveland fans, your team still has 12 solid weeks left to let you down, lmao.
Buddha Bus (10-13-2013), harrison'samonster (10-05-2013), Lady Steel (10-05-2013), stb_steeler (10-06-2013), SteelCity4Life (10-07-2013), SteelCityMom (10-05-2013), Steelstoned1972 (10-05-2013)
Old 10-05-2013, 12:47 PM   #18
Steelstoned1972
UNLEASHING HELL SINCE '72
Supporter

Member Number: 16903
Thanked 2,981 Times in 1,708 Posts
My Mood: Psychedelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
On Saturday, December 10, 1983 I sat in my local watering hole and watched Terry Bradshaw throw a TD pass to Calvin Sweeny in the back of the end zone to go up 14 -0 on the Jets.

It was first play of the 2nd Quarter and just the 8th pass Bradshaw threw that day and it was already his second TD pass.

It was also the last pass he'd ever throw as a pro football QB.

Afterward, I saw him standing on the sidelines with an ice pack the size of a bowling ball wrapped around his right elbow as he watched Cliff Stoudt finish the game (we won 34-7) and I remember thinking that it was officially the end of an era and the end of a team the likes of which no one had ever seen before and probably would never see again.

After that day and for the next ten years or so, it watched a mixture of names I'd never heard before, I watched names I knew well disappear and a watched a procession of QB's with names like Stoudt, Malone, Woodley, Blackledge and some guy named Bubby never come close to doing in an entire season what Bradshaw seemed to be able to do in just a single game.

Believe me, those ten years were one big lesson in losing that I hope I never have to live through again.

We'll see...
ughhhh ! I remember that game. What followed was a bunch of shitty QB play and many mediocre seasons .
Old 10-05-2013, 12:53 PM   #19
Lady Steel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 16396
Thanked 6,652 Times in 2,540 Posts
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinzersally View Post
Well, good for you.
Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lady Steel For This Useful Post:
pczach (10-05-2013), StainlessStill (10-05-2013), SteelCity4Life (10-07-2013), SteelCityMom (10-05-2013)
Old 10-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #20
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
Well, good for you.
It's a fun thing when a point is proven! He signed up to say that. AWESOME.One of the zillion reasons why we'll forever own that fanbase
Buddha Bus (10-13-2013), Lady Steel (10-05-2013), SteelCity4Life (10-07-2013)