Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Tailgate Party

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-22-2013, 07:48 PM   #1
ranger295
Water Boy

Member Number: 14737
Default Steelers @ Jets

Anyone heading to the Steelers @ Jets on Oct 13? Looking for info on parking, tailgates, etc. Any info would be wonderful.
ranger295 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ranger295 For This Useful Post:
dwooten (09-30-2013)
Old 09-30-2013, 04:13 PM   #2
dwooten
Water Boy

Member Number: 25320
Default Re: Steelers @ Jets

NO ONE even responded to you????!!!!!!!!!!!!
My husband and I will be there as we are in Jersey City already so no big tailgate for us with a party of only 2 :) but we will still go early with our cooler and hopefully we find some friendly steelers fans to hang with and no drama in the green city.
dwooten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 05:19 PM   #3
ranger295
Water Boy

Thanks for getting back, we have no clue where to park, or if we are going to take the train in. Guess we need to figure it out. Where will you be parking?
Old 10-08-2013, 01:34 AM   #4
tailgatejoe
Water Boy

Member Number: 25311

Hey guys, I run TailgateJoe.com, the largest gameday fan club/tailgate party for the NY Jets and one of the larger parties in the NFL. We are not pro caterers or a commercial enterprise, just hardcore fans like you who also have a passion for food, bbq, and grilling. I travel to Jets away games every year so I know how tough it can be to get in the whole gameday experience when traveling into enemy territory. Soooo, I wanted to stop by to personally welcome any Steelers fans who are cool and not interested in being trouble to our party in the lot before the game. We are family and visiting fan friendly. As long as you are not looking to cause trouble you are welcome to come have a great time with us.

To the board mods, not trying to be spammy, just a football fan here trying to extend a courtesy to fellow fans.

If anyone has any questions about our party, or about Metlife and NY/NJ feel free to post here or email me, you can find my contact info through the site.

Check out this clip from our home opener, we have some testimonial from some visiting fans,

tailgatejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tailgatejoe For This Useful Post:
Galax Steeler (10-08-2013), harrison'samonster (10-08-2013)
Old 10-08-2013, 01:45 AM   #5
tailgatejoe
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger295 View Post
Thanks for getting back, we have no clue where to park, or if we are going to take the train in. Guess we need to figure it out. Where will you be parking?
Parking since the new stadium went up can be a bit of a pain for those who don't know the deal. All the on site parking is now parking pass access. If you don't have a pass, you have to park at a satelitte lot and deal with no tailgating and shuttle buses. You do not want to do that.

Passes are sold only to season ticket holders, but can easily be found online through stubhub etc. Passes come in three flavors, in order of price from high to low is green, yellow, orange. Green is for club/suite holder level season ticket holders, yellow for regular psl seat holders, and orange for the upper bowl seatholders. Within the colors the lots are broken up into letter sections and their are lightpoles to further break up the lettered section by number to help in remembering your parking spot and meet other people. When you purchase a pass it is good for any lettered lot in the color or color at a worse level, ie a green pass can park in any green lot, yellow lot, or orange lot, a yellow pass can park in yellor or orange.

We park and set up our party in the green lot E-10, which is close to the stadium entrance and right next to the train stop at the stadium. We are also directly next to the yellow lot D, which I think is probably the best yellow lot for getting out of the stadium. For anyone interested in joining us, I suggest a yellow pass and parking in lot D, unless they want to spend a few more bucks and get a green pass.

After explaining all this, if the train is a viable option for you, I suggest just doing that.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:32 PM   #6
ranger295
Water Boy

Thanks Joe, ironically, I found your site today, and my wife and I plan on booking your tailgate tomorrow (provided my day off of work was approved). Looking forward to it. I will be looking into the train as an option, as we are coming from the Lehigh Valley, PA.

Any other Steelers fans heading, and looking for a party, the research I did says Joe seems to be a great option. I am an Eagles fan, and my wife is a Steelers fan, so we have been to our share of tailgates.

Thanks for the info!!
Old 10-10-2013, 08:59 PM   #7
ranger295
Water Boy

All set with tickets, and tailgate with tailgate joe, let us know if any other Steelers fans are going to tailgate with Joe.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:06 AM   #8
tailgatejoe
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger295 View Post
All set with tickets, and tailgate with tailgate joe, let us know if any other Steelers fans are going to tailgate with Joe.
I am pretty sure there will be more than a few of you!
Old 10-11-2013, 08:13 AM   #9
NJarhead
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter

Member Number: 1932
Thanked 3,126 Times in 1,316 Posts
My Mood: Inspired

I've only been to the new stadium once (Steelers/Giants preseason). I was lucky enough to have a P-Pass. I know nothing about the train, but I do know that you may be able to get a p pass from Stub Hub or somewhere. I don't think they're too expensive either.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:45 PM   #10
dwooten
Water Boy

Member Number: 25320

Its awesome to know there is somewhere to tailgate....but i must say, the husband would go BA nanas if i said hey babe lets go tailgate with a bunch of jets fans :)

Joe, very cooool to offer, maybe I can get him to swing by to see.
dwooten is offline   Reply With Quote