Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 06-29-2006, 07:34 PM   #31
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498
Default Re: P-G- Holmes was a problem "ready to explode."

BOTTOM LINE,...they're is only one Truth here,...IF YOU WERE NOT THERE, YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED. He did'nt apologize for commiting any crime, (He plead not guilty),... he was apologizing for the way that recent events have dishonored himself and this organization. He could be the Antichrist himself,...or he could just be having a Major lesson from ON HIGH right now. But whom,.. outside of the party's directly involved TRUELY knows. There is always at least two sides to every story,.....but the practical and great man realizes,....the TRUTH is usually somewhere in the middle. If he is found to have assaulted a woman,...he is not a Man,...and should be punished accordingly. But until that is proven,...bashing him like he's guilty is an ASSumption. "Nuff Said"

"Hail Caesar,....Hail the Black and Gold"
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 07:40 PM   #32
SteelersWyo
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 66

How may other defense attorneys are there on this board. WOW!!
SteelersWyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 07:42 PM   #33
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,043 Times in 4,569 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersWyo
Last first round WR I can remember the Steelers taking was Plaxico. Not a big head ache in a legal sense, but he sucked on the field. Hope that doesn't happen again. Hines was what 3rd round? And how has he turned out?
the cowher era 1st round wr picks have produced the great plexico, troy edwards, and charles johnson.

i had hopes holmes career numbers as a steeler would surpass all the 3 combined. not too sure now though.

now im just hoping hes not koren robinson with less talent.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 08:14 PM   #34
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCzar76
BOTTOM LINE,...they're is only one Truth here,...IF YOU WERE NOT THERE, YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED. He did'nt apologize for commiting any crime, (He plead not guilty),... he was apologizing for the way that recent events have dishonored himself and this organization. He could be the Antichrist himself,...or he could just be having a Major lesson from ON HIGH right now. But whom,.. outside of the party's directly involved TRUELY knows. There is always at least two sides to every story,.....but the practical and great man realizes,....the TRUTH is usually somewhere in the middle. If he is found to have assaulted a woman,...he is not a Man,...and should be punished accordingly. But until that is proven,...bashing him like he's guilty is an ASSumption. "Nuff Said"

I said I`ll let him have his day in court. But he did apologize for the recent embarrassing events yes. He also never said that it isnt true, or that it did not happen. I hope he is innocent, BUT we always are quick to bash other teams players after arrest. And just because he is one of ours makes him no better than anyone else. Also IF he is found innocent, like every other high profile athlete that gets off, do we ASSume that it didn`t happen?????? Or is it another case of $$$ and fame walks??? I love the Steelers, but just because a player is a Steeler, doesn`t make him golden. I only hope that Holmes doesn`t follow the other OSU wide receivers before him, Galloway, Boston, Carter, Glenn just to name a few. OSU doesnt have the greatest track record.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:00 PM   #35
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

Cleve,
I'am by no means "Co signing" Santonio because of his potential value to this franchise. I'm simply stating that his innocence or guilt in any of these matters are PURE speculation, and or OPINION at this point on the part of the general population. Doe's it look bad ?,...YES,...but looks are very often decieving. How many people here have at times had things happen that were completly blown out of proportion ? And how many other's were really just (for lack of better words),...THE villan. What i'm saying is don't let emotion cloud objectivity. There is a time for both piety and mercilessness,...as the situation dictates. But one must be as close as they can be to certainty,...before you choose either course of action. But then again,...this is,.. as stated earlier,...a forum of public OPINION.

SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 09:38 AM   #36
MNsteelers
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 841

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32
Trust me I can't stand men that hit women. I agree with you Cleve, any man that hits a women isn't a man. But when its all said it done Santonio is going to be paid to produce and help win football games....Not to be a model citizen or a decent human being. I liked Holmes before these recent arrests. But these arrests have me thinking different now.

I also don't know all the details regarding this recent arrest. So I can't pass full judgement on Santonio. But like I said one of the sad side of pro sports is Santonio isn't paid to be a good guy but to produce and help win football games. I take pride that the Steelers put some much stock into character and usually avoid turds. But its looking like Santonio fits the turd label.

We shall see though. He has two strikes and I say three strikes and your out. So if there is a third strike. The Steelers should say bye bye to Santonio Holmes.
Not to slam on anyone, but I think we're being a bit dramatic about all of this. Just like anyone else, I don't condone hitting a woman. I'm not particularly big on hitting a guy, but it's happened. But the situation at hand is making us assume the absolute worst.

1. Even the cops in Miami Beach said Holmes' arrest down there was basically nothing. It was a big event down there, and there were hundreds of thousands of people around. The police said they were on a "no-BS" policy, meaning they were taking people in for ANYTHING even remotely out of line. Does that sound like a situation where we need to bring in the "he's a product of his system" argument? No, it just sounds like he probably said something he shouldn't have, and got his slap on the wrist. That charge is consummate to a ticket for jaywalking or not having your seat belt on.

2. He isn't being paid yet. You guys keep harping on him for "making all this money" when in reality, he's not. He probably has a few bucks from his agent, but if you think after all this he is going to A. have a lucrative contract in comparison to his peers B. have any endorsement deals C. have enough money left to burn after the mothers of his kids take him to Child Support Cleaners, you're not thinking clearly. More than likely, he's going to be the poorest guy in the NFL.

And no, I'm not crying for him, or offering to pass around a collection plate, all I'm saying is he's not nearly as well off as you might think.

3. The police report I read basically said there was some pushing and shoving going on, and it was a situation where the police have to assume the worst. Following protocol, they have to take him in, just to make absolute sure the female is going to be safe. Should it have happened? No, absolutely not, but that doesn't make him a criminal. It just signifies he had a bad argument with someone involved in his life, and it got out of hand to the point outside intervention was necessary.

So let's not make comparisons to Randy Moss just yet. I'm worried, as any fan of any team who has a player with a few run-ins with the law would be, but my point is we are probably taking this a bit more extreme than it needs to be. Let's give this equal scrutiny to the level of the wrong-doing. These aren't even gross misdemeanor charges. Let's not throw him under the bus just yet.

Last edited by MNsteelers; 06-30-2006 at 09:42 AM.
MNsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 11:00 AM   #37
nicesteel4life
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1775

Been saying the SAME...So many people want to BASH. What do they have in the closet? Both Situations have been blown way out of the relm. Come Back Steelers Faithfull, dont get caught up in the press bullshit! This is what they want! Us bashing each other with OPINIONS.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:17 AM   #38
Lyn
Banned

Member Number: 304

He gets drafted in the first round and goes to South Beach for some fun. He
gets arrested for basically standing in the street. Personally I don't have
an issue with this incident in the slighest. None. It was May. That's the
time of year a guy is supposed to relax and have fun.

Once proven to be true, domestic violance is inexcusable. Obvioulsy, the circumstances don't look good with him apologizing. I'm not defending him but just acknowledging the fact that parties in domestic disputes don't always give exactly accurate accounts of events.

That one fact alone (that he apologizied) does not look good for him, in my eyes.
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 03:56 PM   #39
MNsteelers
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 841

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn
He gets drafted in the first round and goes to South Beach for some fun. He
gets arrested for basically standing in the street. Personally I don't have
an issue with this incident in the slighest. None. It was May. That's the
time of year a guy is supposed to relax and have fun.

Once proven to be true, domestic violance is inexcusable. Obvioulsy, the circumstances don't look good with him apologizing. I'm not defending him but just acknowledging the fact that parties in domestic disputes don't always give exactly accurate accounts of events.

That one fact alone (that he apologizied) does not look good for him, in my eyes.
And now the whole apology thing is getting over-analyzed. You aren't reading what he said. All athletes do this now: He wasn't apologizing for any specific action, he was apologizing for negative attention being brought to the organization. That's not the same thing. Let's say you went off and started belting out racial slurs, and a minority group demanded an apology. You said "I apologize for my words offending people." That is not saying you are sorry for anything you said. You are saying you feel bad because some people don't share your view point.

In Santonio's case, I agree with him. I think it's too bad negative attention keeps coming his way. Obviously he needs to stop putting himself into bad situations, and pull his head out. But it's way more than likely that it was just a bad situation that could have become worse, hence the reason the cops did what they did. Erring on the side of caution. It was more than likely a volatile situation and there was a threat of physical violence. It behooves the police to take the man in.

And I'll bet that's all this turns out to be.

As far as me being a big fan of Holmes, all he needs to do, in my mind, is get a veteran player to show him the ropes a little bit, do the mandatory anger management class the league will no doubt make him complete, then show up to camp on time, in shape, and ready to keep his mouth shut and work hard. Make a few big plays in big situations, and have a problem-free rookie year. Not too hard for him to do all these things.
MNsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 04:03 PM   #40
nicesteel4life
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1775

MNsteelers you fighting a losing battle. Opinions are exspressed here but some truly feel that theres are GOSPEL. I applaud you effort but will eventually get frustrated trying. Just enjoy the opinons of all and realize there just opinions.