Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-21-2013, 04:41 AM   #21
IowaSteeler927
Head Coach

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 1,724 Times in 805 Posts
My Mood: Sleepy
Default Re: Big 10 sucks, SEC rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
Urban Meyer coaches at Ohio State now... He is removed from the SEC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaSteeler927 View Post
The SEC will never get my respect. I can't stand the arrogance of Nick Saban, and I hate that Urban Meyer is now coaching in the Big Ten.
I am well aware of that fact. Doesn't change my opinion of him at all.
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:48 AM   #22
sluggermatt15
Team Captain

Member Number: 20316

Quote:
I am well aware of that fact. Doesn't change my opinion of him at all.
I dislike Meyer as well. Now that he is with Ohio State, I dislike him even more. The fact Ohio State didn't go to a bowl game last year, despite a perfect season was absolutely amazing. Couldn't happen to a better school and to a better football coach.
sluggermatt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:55 AM   #23
IowaSteeler927
Head Coach

Quote:
I dislike Meyer as well. Now that he is with Ohio State, I dislike him even more. The fact Ohio State didn't go to a bowl game last year, despite a perfect season was absolutely amazing. Couldn't happen to a better school and to a better football coach.
Yeah I've never been a big Meyer fan and I despise OSU. I hate watching Prime Time games and the announcers literally jizz in their pants talking about OSU, Penn State, or Michigan but when it comes to a team like Iowa they are so biased it makes me want to puke. Now that doesn't mean I don't respect that they have good football programs, I just hate the favoritism shown towards them.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:27 AM   #24
sluggermatt15
Team Captain

Quote:
Yeah I've never been a big Meyer fan and I despise OSU. I hate watching Prime Time games and the announcers literally jizz in their pants talking about OSU, Penn State, or Michigan but when it comes to a team like Iowa they are so biased it makes me want to puke. Now that doesn't mean I don't respect that they have good football programs, I just hate the favoritism shown towards them.
I hear you man, and Iowa has had some good teams that kind of flew under the radar over the last several years. And then when they upset a team like OSU, the media doesn't give them the deserved attention. Crazy.

I also dislike Meyer in that he basically "campaigned" for Michigan and Ohio State NOT to play in the BCS Title Game in 2006. Meyer spewed all this nonsense how there should NOT be a rematch for the Title and how his Gators were deserving of a shot to play for it all. What a clown. He got his way and UM was not in the game. It POs me because 2 years ago we had a regular season rematch in the Title game, LSU vs. Alabama. I didn't see Meyer commenting on that one.....
The Following User Says Thank You to sluggermatt15 For This Useful Post:
IowaSteeler927 (10-30-2013)
Old 10-30-2013, 04:35 AM   #25
IowaSteeler927
Head Coach

Quote:
I hear you man, and Iowa has had some good teams that kind of flew under the radar over the last several years. And then when they upset a team like OSU, the media doesn't give them the deserved attention. Crazy.

I also dislike Meyer in that he basically "campaigned" for Michigan and Ohio State NOT to play in the BCS Title Game in 2006. Meyer spewed all this nonsense how there should NOT be a rematch for the Title and how his Gators were deserving of a shot to play for it all. What a clown. He got his way and UM was not in the game. It POs me because 2 years ago we had a regular season rematch in the Title game, LSU vs. Alabama. I didn't see Meyer commenting on that one.....
Meyer only cares when it effects him. The officiating in the 2006 Outback bowl was blatantly terrible and the Hawkeyes got straight up robbed by the Conference USA refs. Urban Meyer tried to call it a well officiated game. Watch this and tell me it was well officiated...

Florida fans even admit this was a horribly officiated game. How in the ever-loving fuck do you call a facemask penalty on the guy that got facemasked? I can't even talk too much about this game, still boils my blood to this day. Screw Urban Meyer.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IowaSteeler927 For This Useful Post:
JPPT1974 (10-31-2013), sluggermatt15 (11-01-2013)
Old 10-31-2013, 02:00 PM   #26
JPPT1974
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5361
My Mood: Relaxed

Love the SEC as I live in that country. Too bad Volunteers are not doing too good! Want anybody to beat Fla Gators!
Old 11-01-2013, 05:41 PM   #27
sluggermatt15
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPPT1974 View Post
Love the SEC as I live in that country. Too bad Volunteers are not doing too good! Want anybody to beat Fla Gators!
That upset of South Carolina looks pretty good. Consider South Carolina went on to beat Missouri, who is ranked in the Top 10 right now (Top 5 at the time). Vols will make a bowl game this year. They will start to be back on the right track. IMO Butch Jones can get them "back" to where they belong. It may take a few more years, but RockyTop will be rocking once again with a strong football team!

Quote:
Meyer only cares when it effects him. The officiating in the 2006 Outback bowl was blatantly terrible and the Hawkeyes got straight up robbed by the Conference USA refs. Urban Meyer tried to call it a well officiated game. Watch this and tell me it was well officiated...

Florida fans even admit this was a horribly officiated game. How in the ever-loving fuck do you call a facemask penalty on the guy that got facemasked? I can't even talk too much about this game, still boils my blood to this day. Screw Urban Meyer.
Ohio State is going to get rolled by whoever they play in a bowl game. I hope it's against Alabama for the Title. Would LOVE to see the SEC humiliate another undefeated contender, like what they did to ND last year.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:56 PM   #28
IowaSteeler927
Head Coach

Quote:
That upset of South Carolina looks pretty good. Consider South Carolina went on to beat Missouri, who is ranked in the Top 10 right now (Top 5 at the time). Vols will make a bowl game this year. They will start to be back on the right track. IMO Butch Jones can get them "back" to where they belong. It may take a few more years, but RockyTop will be rocking once again with a strong football team!

Ohio State is going to get rolled by whoever they play in a bowl game. I hope it's against Alabama for the Title. Would LOVE to see the SEC humiliate another undefeated contender, like what they did to ND last year.
Ohio State is smoke and mirrors. We damned near went into the Horseshoe and beat them in their house. With the talent they have on paper we should be destroyed by them on a yearly basis. Whoever OSU ends up playing I think they're going to get stomped.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:11 PM   #29
sluggermatt15
Team Captain

Quote:
Ohio State is smoke and mirrors. We damned near went into the Horseshoe and beat them in their house. With the talent they have on paper we should be destroyed by them on a yearly basis. Whoever OSU ends up playing I think they're going to get stomped.
Their victory at Purdue doesn't say much, either. Purdue has only won 1 game this year. So keep on fattening up your record on fluff teams, OSU, because that is the only type of opposition you can beat!
The Following User Says Thank You to sluggermatt15 For This Useful Post:
IowaSteeler927 (11-03-2013)
Old 11-03-2013, 12:31 PM   #30
IowaSteeler927
Head Coach

Quote:
Their victory at Purdue doesn't say much, either. Purdue has only won 1 game this year. So keep on fattening up your record on fluff teams, OSU, because that is the only type of opposition you can beat!
Better hope Bayz doesn't read this... lol.