Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Gamer Chat

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-01-2013, 04:53 AM   #1
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,491 Times in 1,569 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Default PS4 accessories!

For everyone who pre-ordered any PS4 games or accessories, or plan on buying them, everything has been stocked in stores. Sony has sent all PS4 accessories to stores two weeks ahead of PS4's releases to make things easier on launch day. Now that everyone can pick up games ahead of time, waiting lines will be shorter as customers will just be grabbing the console on the 15th!

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:12 AM   #2
IowaSteeler927
Head Coach

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 1,710 Times in 801 Posts
My Mood: Sleepy
Default Re: PS4 accessories!

Pretty smart. Sony did their homework this time around. Funny thing is Microsoft took a step backwards in the customer service department but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt just because I enjoyed my original Xbox and my 360 so damned much. That's pretty cool that Sony is letting customers get their hands on the games and accessories... the only thing bad about it is that I'd be staring at that stuff just wanting to play around with it. Time already feels like it's dragging on waiting for the launch days.
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:23 AM   #3
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaSteeler927 View Post
Pretty smart. Sony did their homework this time around. Funny thing is Microsoft took a step backwards in the customer service department but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt just because I enjoyed my original Xbox and my 360 so damned much. That's pretty cool that Sony is letting customers get their hands on the games and accessories... the only thing bad about it is that I'd be staring at that stuff just wanting to play around with it. Time already feels like it's dragging on waiting for the launch days.
It's brilliant when you think of it. These PS4 games and advertisements will be in stores for two weeks now, and Call of Duty: Ghosts releases soon. Battlefield 4 is in stores now. Assassins Creed soon. People are going to hit the stores and see the PS4 stuff waiting to be bought and I bet it'll be a huge boost for them.

Xbox on the other hand seems to be doing everything wrong. I honestly think they need to fire a great majority of the people they hire to speak on the companies behalf, because honestly, it's not helping them at ALL.

http://gamingbolt.com/xbox-one-dev-a...o-makes-the-os

Top all of that off with the fact that major companies like Infinity Ward and DICE (Activision & EA) revealing that Xbox One isn't even capable of running in true 1080p resolution and PS4 is FULLY capable, and the press isn't exactly positive. An article released published stated that Walmart had re-opened Xbox One preorders after thousands had been canceled following the DICE announcement.

I miss these days brother:

Old 11-01-2013, 05:39 AM   #4
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

For some reason, I think if J Allard were involved in the Xbox One it'd be so much better.

Don Mattrick LEFT Microsoft after the Xbox One reveal to work for another gaming company.

Old 11-01-2013, 08:46 AM   #5
IowaSteeler927
Head Coach

Microsoft needs to change their stance. They've got this attitude that they know what's good for gamers. I think they do but they're coming across as rigid and they're forcing things onto their consumers. They really just need to listen to gamers and give gamers what gamers want. Sony definitely made Microsoft look stupid this time around and it's cost Microsoft some sales for sure.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:43 AM   #6
JonM229
Team Owner

Member Number: 24803
Thanked 5,795 Times in 2,116 Posts
My Mood: Goofy

Quote:
Microsoft needs to change their stance. They've got this attitude that they know what's good for gamers. I think they do but they're coming across as rigid and they're forcing things onto their consumers. They really just need to listen to gamers and give gamers what gamers want. Sony definitely made Microsoft look stupid this time around and it's cost Microsoft some sales for sure.
Actually, Microsoft cares more about the casual gamer than anything else. They want the XBOX One to be a media center that also plays games. They'll never be able to compete with Sony going forward with that attitude.

"I don't know about you Joe, but I would say that qualifies as elite." -Barack Obama
JonM229 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JonM229 For This Useful Post:
IowaSteeler927 (11-01-2013)
Old 11-01-2013, 03:42 PM   #7
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Old 11-01-2013, 03:45 PM   #8
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

And before anyone tries to use that as ammunition, it's a fake twitter account. Sony reps aren't stupid enough to make themselves look like an ass.

I still can't believe Microsoft is allowing the company reps on Reddit. They're doing nothing but sticking it to the consumer, and that's not what they need to be doing right now.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bayz101 For This Useful Post:
IowaSteeler927 (11-01-2013)
Old 11-01-2013, 04:29 PM   #9
IowaSteeler927
Head Coach

They'll learn when they're getting shellacked in the sales department. Halo and other exclusive titles on the xbone are the major reason I'm buying it. Collector's Editions of games get more and more expensive. I don't generally buy those huge expensive ones though. Most 've spent was $150 on the Halo Reach Special Edition.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:41 PM   #10
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Quote:
They'll learn when they're getting shellacked in the sales department. Halo and other exclusive titles on the xbone are the major reason I'm buying it. Collector's Editions of games get more and more expensive. I don't generally buy those huge expensive ones though. Most 've spent was $150 on the Halo Reach Special Edition.
I absolutely ADORED Halo. After Halo 3 it was clear to me that they weren't being innovative anymore with the direction of the series, and I personally thought ODST and Reach were jokes compared to the predecessors. I think they need to bring in some fresh, new exclusives if they expect success. Bungie is making Destiny for PS4 so i'll be tapping into it for sure. It may just be the game Xbox desperately needed as an exclusive .