Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Gamer Chat

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 11-01-2013, 04:49 PM   #11
IowaSteeler927
Head Coach

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 1,802 Times in 844 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Re: PS4 accessories!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
I absolutely ADORED Halo. After Halo 3 it was clear to me that they weren't being innovative anymore with the direction of the series, and I personally thought ODST and Reach were jokes compared to the predecessors. I think they need to bring in some fresh, new exclusives if they expect success. Bungie is making Destiny for PS4 so i'll be tapping into it for sure. It may just be the game Xbox desperately needed as an exclusive .
ODST to me was the weakest in the series but I thought Reach was a very nice polished game.

1. Halo 2
2. Halo Combat Evolved/Anniversary
3. Halo 4
4. Halo Reach
5. Halo Wars
6. Halo 3
7. Halo ODST

Halo 4 was a step in the right direction IMO. Halo needed a more focused story with an emphasis on the characters. I like the 343 started to make the Master Chief more than just a faceless protagonist.
IowaSteeler927 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:10 PM   #12
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,678 Times in 1,647 Posts
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaSteeler927 View Post
ODST to me was the weakest in the series but I thought Reach was a very nice polished game.

1. Halo 2
2. Halo Combat Evolved/Anniversary
3. Halo 4
4. Halo Reach
5. Halo Wars
6. Halo 3
7. Halo ODST

Halo 4 was a step in the right direction IMO. Halo needed a more focused story with an emphasis on the characters. I like the 343 started to make the Master Chief more than just a faceless protagonist.
I loved playing the first three games in the series, but I felt that Halo 3 was basically Halo 2 with newer maps. When ODST & Reach came out I was aggravated that it was turning almost into a Call of Duty franchise with $60 map packs.

Haven't had a chance to play Halo 4 yet, but based on what I've read it's the best Halo game since the original three. I'll need to snag an Xbox for a bit and check it out. Plenty of Xbox fans begging me for the PS3 & The Last of Us for a weekend so I may just pull it off. Although i'll be pretty much lost without the PS3 for a weekend.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:17 PM   #13
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

What Xbox needs to learn is that they can go make a game with the intention of simply telling a story and nothing else, and have that game be a HUGE success. The Last of Us was an amazing exclusive, and Playstation has put out several great "one and done" exclusives like it with great success. I would buy a Playstation system for a Naughty Dog game after playing Uncharted and The Last of Us. Not everything needs to be turned into a franchise, and not every game needs to spawn 13 parts. I feel that you need to quit while you're ahead and branch out into new ideas and tell new stories.

Even if Halo 4 turned out to be an excellent game (to me), I don't think i'd buy an Xbox One on Halo 5 alone, and I certainly wouldn't buy it based on Forza with Gran Turismo on Playstation. Gears of War? Meh. Titanfall? Now THAT looks like some fun, but I don't like Microsofts attitude towards customers with that game and i'm not sure i'd want to fill their pockets in any way after some of the immature shit they said about it. Trying to stick it to the customers is the last thing they need to be doing right now.

I'll buy a PS4 and Xbox One will be a future consideration.

Old 11-02-2013, 01:52 AM   #14
IowaSteeler927
Head Coach

Quote:
What Xbox needs to learn is that they can go make a game with the intention of simply telling a story and nothing else, and have that game be a HUGE success. The Last of Us was an amazing exclusive, and Playstation has put out several great "one and done" exclusives like it with great success. I would buy a Playstation system for a Naughty Dog game after playing Uncharted and The Last of Us. Not everything needs to be turned into a franchise, and not every game needs to spawn 13 parts. I feel that you need to quit while you're ahead and branch out into new ideas and tell new stories.

Even if Halo 4 turned out to be an excellent game (to me), I don't think i'd buy an Xbox One on Halo 5 alone, and I certainly wouldn't buy it based on Forza with Gran Turismo on Playstation. Gears of War? Meh. Titanfall? Now THAT looks like some fun, but I don't like Microsofts attitude towards customers with that game and i'm not sure i'd want to fill their pockets in any way after some of the immature shit they said about it. Trying to stick it to the customers is the last thing they need to be doing right now.

I'll buy a PS4 and Xbox One will be a future consideration.
I love Halo, I've always enjoyed Forza more than Gran Turismo, I'd be interested to see where the Gears of War franchise goes from here on out, and Titanfall looks pretty bad ass IMO. If you lived closer I'd let you borrow my 360 for a weekend to clear Halo 4. I could live without it for a weekend. LoL
The Following User Says Thank You to IowaSteeler927 For This Useful Post:
Bayz101 (11-02-2013)
Old 11-02-2013, 05:30 AM   #15
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Quote:
I love Halo, I've always enjoyed Forza more than Gran Turismo, I'd be interested to see where the Gears of War franchise goes from here on out, and Titanfall looks pretty bad ass IMO. If you lived closer I'd let you borrow my 360 for a weekend to clear Halo 4. I could live without it for a weekend. LoL
Hell yeah. I'd give you my PS3 and Heavy Rain for the weekend and you'd drop a load in your pants.

PS3 had so legendary exclusives, and most of them were the only games of their kind. Quantic Dream has made two amazing exclusives (Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls) and Naughty Dog is always raising the bar. A magazine actually rated Naughty Dog the #1 game exclusive developer of the generation, a very well-deserved title for an amazing dev-team.

Even after playing the masterpiece that is The Last of Us, Heavy Rain from Quantic Dream holds a special place. It's a truly amazing game with some of the most intense action sequences ever.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bayz101 For This Useful Post:
IowaSteeler927 (11-02-2013)
Old 11-02-2013, 05:36 AM   #16
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Quote:
I didn't address the Forza/GT thing:

Gran Turismo is much, much more of a racing simulator than Forza, and always has been. Probably always will be. Forza is like a more prestigious "Call of Duty" and Gran Turismo is like "Battlefield", if that makes any sense at all. Ones more of a arcade game, and the other is a simulator. I owned the original Forza Motorsport game and absolutely loved the hell out of it. In fact, I think the original XBOX was one of the greatest consoles ever.

I come off as a Fan Boy because I LOVE what Sony's doing, and have loved it for a while now, but those days playing the original Xbox will always be special to me. Some of the games for that console were special, and, in my opinion, more special than a lot of PS2's installments. Anyway, back on topic.

Drive Club will be coming out for PS4, and it's much more similar to Forza than Gran Turismo. It's more a arcade racer with some very realistic qualities. Gran Turismo is the most realistic racing simulator ever made, and it's probably the best exclusive game ever made as far as sales (usually 10+ million). I believe Playstations top exclusives are all GT.

Old 11-02-2013, 06:17 AM   #17
IowaSteeler927
Head Coach

Quote:
Hell yeah. I'd give you my PS3 and Heavy Rain for the weekend and you'd drop a load in your pants.

PS3 had so legendary exclusives, and most of them were the only games of their kind. Quantic Dream has made two amazing exclusives (Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls) and Naughty Dog is always raising the bar. A magazine actually rated Naughty Dog the #1 game exclusive developer of the generation, a very well-deserved title for an amazing dev-team.

Even after playing the masterpiece that is The Last of Us, Heavy Rain from Quantic Dream holds a special place. It's a truly amazing game with some of the most intense action sequences ever.
Yeah I'm a bit sad I sold off my PS3 without getting to play Heavy Rain. At that time though it made sense and now I'm caught up on all the $$$ stuff because of it. I'll buy another PS3 here sometime down the road. I want to have a full on gaming collection so I'll get my chance to play it soon enough.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:24 AM   #18
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Quote:
Yeah I'm a bit sad I sold off my PS3 without getting to play Heavy Rain. At that time though it made sense and now I'm caught up on all the $$$ stuff because of it. I'll buy another PS3 here sometime down the road. I want to have a full on gaming collection so I'll get my chance to play it soon enough.
You're going to really pissed when I tell you Resident Evil 4 is on one of the upcoming "Instant Game Collection" free game list & all CapCom games are 40% off next week.

We also got Ibb & Obb, Soul Sacrifice & and two PS4 games for free this month.

Old 11-02-2013, 06:26 AM   #19
IowaSteeler927
Head Coach

Quote:
You're going to really pissed when I tell you Resident Evil 4 is on one of the upcoming "Instant Game Collection" free game list & all CapCom games are 40% off next week.

We also got Ibb & Obb, Soul Sacrifice & and two PS4 games for free this month.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:38 AM   #20
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Quote:
It's okay. Resident Evil 4 wasn't as good as the early games, and I already own the first three both on disc and as Playstation Classics, so this isn't the biggest deal in the world. Sony's Plus program is pretty epic, though. They gave up two Resident Evil games a couple months ago, as well.