Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 10-28-2013, 06:25 PM   #1
SteelerEmpire
Head Coach

Member Number: 14355
Default Dez Bryant Goes "All T.O." On Sidelines

Is this what they are teaching their players in dallas ? What would happen if he did this on the Pittsburgh sidelines ?

---------------

Megatron, classy and clutch, gets best of Dez Bryant in Lions' win

...Megatron not only again proved he remains in a class of his own among NFL wideouts, but he keeps doing it with great class. There’s no doubt Bryant is similarly talented, but he’s too much of a diva right now to reach Johnson’s level...

LINK: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...tthew-stafford

A HOUSE DIVIDED WILL FALL TO IT'S ENEMIES;
BUT IN UNITY THERE ARE 6' SUPER BOWLS !!!
SteelerEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:09 PM   #2
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 14,182 Times in 5,978 Posts
Default Re: Dez Bryant Goes "All T.O." On Sidelines

Reminds me of a SF-DAL game back in the 90s.

I hated Michael Irvin. And, before a game, he proclaimed to the media: "I am the best receiver in the game. Period."

After a game in which Jerry Rice went off (as Jerry was known to do), Irvin turned to reporters, stated "Jerry Rice is the best receiver in the game. Period."... and smiled.

I've liked Irvin ever since that day.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (11-09-2013), jacobo (10-29-2013)
Old 10-29-2013, 12:26 AM   #3
IowaSteeler927
Head Coach

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 1,618 Times in 759 Posts

I guess I don't have a problem with Dez Bryant getting angry and fired up. With our team it's always the opposite, when things aren't going our way they're sulking around looking all depressed on the sidelines with their heads hung low. Sometimes you've got to have that guy who steps up and gets mad and tries to get everyone else fired up. I think there's a double standard here, when Tom Brady or Peyton Manning yell at their teammates they're just being great leaders... but when Dez Bryant does it he's being immature, and throwing a temper tantrum?

Trent Dilfer was talking about this tonight prior to the Seahawks - Rams game. He went on about how Ray Lewis would chew him out when he messed up, and how Rod Woodson would chew out Ray Lewis when he messed up. It's part of football. The cameras now just get fixated on this kind of thing and it gets blown way out of proportion by the media and sports pundits. I also don't have a problem with Dez Bryant's comment about Megatron. I don't believe he said he was better than Megatron outright, he said that he thought that he can do anything that Megatron can do. There's nothing wrong with a young guy trying to have some confidence and swagger going into a game against arguably, the NFL's best receiver. The Lions almost lost this game if it wasn't for Dallas and their knack for choking at the end of games. Dez Bryant is a player that seems to be getting better and better, I don't much care for him myself but even I can admit that he's got the raw natural talent to be just as good as Calvin Johnson. Thing is Calvin Johnson is a vet, he's in his prime and Dez Bryant is up-and-coming. If Bryant can stay healthy, with a couple more seasons under his belt I think he's going to be scary good.
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IowaSteeler927 For This Useful Post:
GodfatherofSoul (10-29-2013), harrison'samonster (11-09-2013), SteelCity4Life (11-03-2013), SteelerEmpire (10-29-2013), zcoop (10-29-2013)
Old 10-29-2013, 09:11 PM   #4
zcoop
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 20513

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaSteeler927 View Post
I guess I don't have a problem with Dez Bryant getting angry and fired up. With our team it's always the opposite, when things aren't going our way they're sulking around looking all depressed on the sidelines with their heads hung low. Sometimes you've got to have that guy who steps up and gets mad and tries to get everyone else fired up. I think there's a double standard here, when Tom Brady or Peyton Manning yell at their teammates they're just being great leaders... but when Dez Bryant does it he's being immature, and throwing a temper tantrum?

Trent Dilfer was talking about this tonight prior to the Seahawks - Rams game. He went on about how Ray Lewis would chew him out when he messed up, and how Rod Woodson would chew out Ray Lewis when he messed up. It's part of football. The cameras now just get fixated on this kind of thing and it gets blown way out of proportion by the media and sports pundits. I also don't have a problem with Dez Bryant's comment about Megatron. I don't believe he said he was better than Megatron outright, he said that he thought that he can do anything that Megatron can do. There's nothing wrong with a young guy trying to have some confidence and swagger going into a game against arguably, the NFL's best receiver. The Lions almost lost this game if it wasn't for Dallas and their knack for choking at the end of games. Dez Bryant is a player that seems to be getting better and better, I don't much care for him myself but even I can admit that he's got the raw natural talent to be just as good as Calvin Johnson. Thing is Calvin Johnson is a vet, he's in his prime and Dez Bryant is up-and-coming. If Bryant can stay healthy, with a couple more seasons under his belt I think he's going to be scary good.

Very good analogy. I am somewhat sympathetic with Dez because he shows that he wants to win. And you are correct about when the QBs do it, its okay with the team and media. But a WR don't dare complain about wanting the ball more, go figure on that one. Brady is one of the biggest yelling bitches in the game but he's leading his team when he does it.

Calvin is in a class by himself but Dez is a top flight receiver in his own right and the Cowgirls should have worked harder on getting him the ball in a situation like they had Sunday. I fault no receiver for wanting the damn ball. If there were one who didn't want it, then that's the one who needs to sit on the pine.
zcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zcoop For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (11-09-2013), IowaSteeler927 (10-30-2013)
Old 10-29-2013, 09:16 PM   #5
GodfatherofSoul
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 14842
Thanked 1,241 Times in 601 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaSteeler927 View Post

Good point. I was watching the clip and thinking that the sport media talking heads are WAY to overanalytical about irrelevant crap like sideline body language (which to this day is being used to crucify Jay Cutler for his "fake" injury). Unless teammates are complaining to the press about it, I don't want to hear some pencil-necked media geek with no knowledge about team psychology trying to tell me how horrible normal behavior is.
IowaSteeler927 (10-29-2013), zcoop (10-29-2013)
Old 11-03-2013, 12:18 PM   #6
sluggermatt15
Team Captain

Member Number: 20316

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerEmpire View Post
Is this what they are teaching their players in dallas ? What would happen if he did this on the Pittsburgh sidelines ?

---------------

Megatron, classy and clutch, gets best of Dez Bryant in Lions' win

...Megatron not only again proved he remains in a class of his own among NFL wideouts, but he keeps doing it with great class. Thereís no doubt Bryant is similarly talented, but heís too much of a diva right now to reach Johnsonís level...

LINK: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...tthew-stafford
I don't believe the team would tolerate it. There are standards to which the Steelers hold their players, and I would imagine something like this is one of them - not to throw a tantrum like Bryant did. It's really childish and immature. But as it's been said, not like it was the first time it has occurred in Dallas.
sluggermatt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:44 PM   #7
SteelCity4Life
Starter

Member Number: 23950

I'm curious as to how Antonio Brown approached Todd Haley when he wasn't getting the ball thrown his way.

We all saw a hell of a lot more effort and success from Brown after that. Righteously so.

Win, loss, or tie; Steeler faithful till I die!
SteelCity4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:25 AM   #8
sluggermatt15
Team Captain

Member Number: 20316

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCity4Life View Post
I'm curious as to how Antonio Brown approached Todd Haley when he wasn't getting the ball thrown his way.

We all saw a hell of a lot more effort and success from Brown after that. Righteously so.
Yes we did. IMO the right course of action is to just shut up and play. The ball will come one's way. Have to make the opportunity when that happens. i.e. not dropping passes, running incorrect routes, etc. I believe Brown will see a lot of targets tomorrow against Buffalo. Same goes for Sanders & Heath.
sluggermatt15 is offline   Reply With Quote