Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 11-05-2013, 06:03 PM   #21
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,360 Times in 4,303 Posts
Default Re: Can Miller be like Gronk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
lebeau's defense is notorious for allowing TE's to have huge games.
Yep. Frank wychek wrote that book years ago.

"How to find the soft underbelly middle of the fire zone."

-by Frank Wychek
Old 11-06-2013, 03:55 AM   #22
IowaSteeler927
The Corn Shucking Hippie
Supporter

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 3,496 Times in 1,572 Posts
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
Gronkowski and Graham are two unbelievably awesome athletes. There in a category above everyone else and can break every single record before they retireif they stay hea  thy. Hernandez could also be in that category but he decided a mass murderer life was better then a top tight end in the NFL
I'd take Jimmy Graham over Gronkowski any day of the week.
IowaSteeler927 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:13 AM   #23
jacobo
Team Captain

Member Number: 24766

millers never been dynamic enough to be like the big names in the league. add in him being a good blocker and he steelers having a terrible line for almost his entire career and hes never been recognized like a gronk. he definitely wont now that hes in his 30s and following a big knee injury
Old 11-06-2013, 06:39 AM   #24
kan_t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 21653

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaSteeler927 View Post
I'd take Jimmy Graham over Gronkowski any day of the week.
If we take health into consideration, yes.

If we just take playing skills into consideration, no way.

Gronk is not the best blocking TE in the league, but at lease he can still block. Granham's blocking is Paulson like.
kan_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 01:06 AM   #25
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 13,700 Times in 5,630 Posts
My Mood: Amazed

Steelers tight end Miller dealing with extra coverage

November 13, 2013
By Ray Fittipaldo / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

After recording career highs in receiving yards and touchdowns last season, tight end Heath Miller earned a second Pro Bowl selection and was named team MVP for the first time. Opposing defensive coordinators apparently took notice.

While wide receiver Antonio Brown leads the NFL in receptions and wide receiver Jerricho Cotchery is having a career year, Miller is on pace for one of his worst statistical seasons since entering the league in 2005. One season after catching 71 passes for 871 yards and eight touchdowns, Miller has 25 receptions for 274 yards and one touchdown in the seven games he played this season.

He kept his streak of 81 consecutive games with at least one reception alive Sunday against the Buffalo Bills, but just barely. He caught one pass for 6 yards near the end of the first half when the Steelers were running out the clock.

“Heath is a great player, a guy we feed off, a guy who brings a lot of energy,” Brown said. “Every team we play against is going to do something to try to take him away.”

And they’ve been doing that lately with great success. Miller has been held to fewer than 20 yards receiving three times in the past four games. He had four catches for 43 yards against the New England Patriots, but the Oakland Raiders held him to 19 yards on three receptions and the Baltimore Ravens held him to 17 yards on two.

His teammates say the reason is teams are paying more attention to him.

“Teams really do a good job of trying to look him up,” quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said. “Sending two guys on him, holding him, doing anything they can to slow him down.”

Miller was especially effective in the red zone last season. Seven of his eight touchdowns came in the red zone and all seven were from inside the 9. Miller’s lone touchdown reception this season came in an unconventional way, a 4-yard shovel pass against the Ravens.

“You can see it on film,” Cotchery said. “You see him being doubled. In the red zone, teams usually pick out two guys [to double-team]. Our two guys are Antonio Brown and Heath Miller. What he’s put on tape his entire career it warrants that type of response from defenses. They are playing him different and doing things to take him out of the game.

“He deserves that attention, and it’s up to other guys to make the plays when they get the opportunities.”

Miller tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee in a late December game against the Cincinnati Bengals, and he is coming off major reconstructive knee surgery.

The knee, however, hasn’t been an issue.

“It’s gotten better and stronger as we’ve gone on,” said Miller, who has one year remaining after this season on a six-year contract he signed in 2009. “That’s kind of what we expected it would be.”

Miller missed the first two games when he was completing his rehabilitation. He got off to a good start in his first three games with 15 receptions and 189 receiving yards against the Chicago Bears, Minnesota Vikings and New York Jets. He has had eight catches for 85 yards in the past four.

“I had a few more opportunities when I first came back,” he said. “The past couple of weeks I’ve had a couple of opportunities and I haven’t taken advantage. That could be part of it. I have to focus on whatever I’m asked to do, and, whenever I get my opportunity, I have to take advantage of it.”

Miller had two drops last week against the Bills and has four for the season. He had as many in 15 games last season. Since 2008, Miller never has had more than five drops in a season.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/2...#ixzz2karDyhu5
Old 11-14-2013, 02:25 PM   #26
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,408 Times in 4,679 Posts

This thread was essentially asking whether or not Miller can be like a future Hall of Fame TE. I think the answer to that is an easy no.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:30 PM   #27
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,721 Times in 2,229 Posts
My Mood: Fine

he will go down as a Steeler Great. The only hall I really care about is the one you walk through inside of Heinz Field. that said, the HOF is the HOF for a reason - although I don't necessarily agree with a lot of their choices

still waiting for my man LC

I'VE GOT SOME YOUTHFUL ADJUSTMENTS FOR 'DAT AZZ
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote