Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-18-2013, 04:32 AM   #61
bornaSteelersfan
Starter
Supporter

Default Re: Game Balls / Goats - Steelers Vs. Lions

I need to give a game ball to Will Allen. His return from the hell of Jerry Jonesville back to Heinz was just what we needed. That interception really sealed the game for us.
lardlad (11-18-2013)
Old 11-18-2013, 05:00 AM   #62
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
This is OUR house! They got what they deserved.
And then they pulled the plug on them in the game. I hope afterwards we set a boom box
in the hallway and cranked this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
according to Marshall Faulk the Steelers turf is the goat. Poor Calvin Johnson he was slipping and falling all over the place. Leave it to someone who built a HOF career playing inside a dome to think that.

I am a bit shocked with Marshall. It's very hard to say something more stupid than anything Michael Irvin Deion Sanders or Warren Sapp would say.

Seems like AB didn't have any trouble.

Game balls: Definitely Ben "Trade Him Cuz He Sucks" Roethlisberger and Antonio "Overpaid" Brown. These guys still suck though, right?

Goats: Ike (in fairness, he had a tall order though).

Honorary mention: The defense and Dick LeBeau for not giving up after an atrocious 2nd quarter. That type of painful ass pasting can demoralize a unit and make them give up and our guys never did. They fought back, adjusted, and shut them down in the second half.

The o-line also played well and did some nice things. Not only that, but nobody got hurt so that's a clear bonus!

Look, we aren't a perfect team by any stretch, but don't look now..... we're in second place in the division right now! We have 2 winnable games left against the Browns and we own a tiebreaker with the last place Ravens. God how I love typing that last part!

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buddha Bus For This Useful Post:
Lady Steel (11-18-2013), teegre (11-18-2013)
Old 11-18-2013, 08:33 AM   #63
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 25,536 Times in 10,359 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
according to Marshall Faulk the Steelers turf is the goat. Poor Calvin Johnson he was slipping and falling all over the place. Leave it to someone who built a HOF career playing inside a dome to think that.

I am a bit shocked with Marshall. It's very hard to say something more stupid than anything Michael Irvin Deion Sanders or Warren Sapp would say.
I heard that and thought: "AB had just as good of stats on the same field." Total & complete BS. By that rationale, if AB played at Ford Field, he'd have 90 receptions by now. Excuses, excuses.

They should have mentioned how the Steelers switched up the defense in the second half, which completely bamboozled Stafford... so much so, that he stopped even looking at Megatron.

Also, that NFL Network crew said that they're not "buying the Steelers." Whew, thank God. I would not want a group who is wrong so often to pick the Steelers to do anything.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (11-18-2013), Lady Steel (11-18-2013)